Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Avs:

kermit-not-my-problem.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I mean they got off easy. They got a 1st round pick for a few months of RyJo...

It'll work out well for them regardless but much more so if the grievance goes in their favour. Walker was also in the deal though and at the very least they would've gotten a second rd pick for him on his own.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It'll work out well for them regardless but much more so if the grievance goes in their favour. Walker was also in the deal though and at the very least they would've gotten a second rd pick for him on his own.
There will be posturing, but it'll end up settled like all of these cases. Teams can basically find a million reasons to terminate any contract, just the risk varies in the grievance outcome.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Lol, Philly is trying to pull some BS on RyJo. He was magically fine to play in all his Avs games up until we traded him. Then all of sudden he's injured when he gets traded to Philly. Yeah right. I hope Philly doesn't get bailed on that.

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Question for the Cap experts here. I have the Avs at about $90.1M with a 23 man roster that includes Landeskog and Nuchushkin at $5M. Nish at $5M is purely random based on what I read around here (hit would be prorated because he will miss time, etc...). That's $2.1M excess, with the possibility to reduce that by going with a 22 man roster, even maybe a 21 man roster. Still would be hard to shave off $2.1M by cutting two scrubs making less than $1M each... So that leaves two questions:

1) Anyone has a clearer picture of Nishuchkin exact cap hit if he comes back right after his suspension ?

2) Can the Avs accrue some cap space at the beginning of the season with Landeskog and Lehkonen on LTIR, allowing them to be OK for the rest of the season when they come back ?

Thanks

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You can't accrue while you're using LTIR

You can, if you were below the salary cap before using LTIR.

The Avs actually should be able to bank some space to start the year. It won't be much, but it should be a little.

We're at something like $2.5M in space today. Once you replace Landy and Lehky with guys making $800k each in theory, they'd have $900k in space that will bank each day.

Reactions: The Moops

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Lol, Philly is trying to pull some BS on RyJo. He was magically fine to play in all his Avs games up until we traded him. Then all of sudden he's injured when he gets traded to Philly. Yeah right. I hope Philly doesn't get bailed on that.
...Philly acquired Johansen, waived him, and then assigned him to the AHL -- and then Johansen magically decided he was injured after playing all year for us and wouldn't report. He's the one who wanted permanent LTIR. Johansen is trying to pull some BS by angling for all of his money without having to ride the bus in the AHL.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Aaaaaand once again you managed to get it wrong.
Just because you don't like me, doesn't mean I'm always wrong. It's pretty clear Philly is trying to get out of paying RyJo. There was nothing wrong with him and played until we traded him, then magically Philly claims he's injured and he never plays for them. Now buying him out for material breach due to injury seems highly suspect.

...Philly acquired Johansen, waived him, and then assigned him to the AHL -- and then Johansen magically decided he was injured after playing all year for us and wouldn't report. He's the one who wanted permanent LTIR. Johansen is trying to pull some BS by angling for all of his money without having to ride the bus in the AHL.
That's the supposed story, it's not all on RyJo. And if you think it is then you are being naive.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
We should be pulling for Philly here. Probably helps the Avs get rid of Nichushkin if they win.
I don't care what the outcome is. It may help us in that regard, it might not.

I just find it shady, both by team and player. They are both at fault and both are pulling dumb shit.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just because you don't like me, doesn't mean I'm always wrong. It's pretty clear Philly is trying to get out of paying RyJo. There was nothing wrong with him and played until we traded him, then magically Philly claims he's injured and he never plays for them. Now buying him out for material breach due to injury seems highly suspect.

That's the supposed story, it's not all on RyJo. And if you think it is then you are being naive.

:laugh: Let's clear up a few things for you:

- Philly didn't claim he was injured. Philly wanted to buy him out this summer. Them claiming he was injured literally goes 100% against that plan.

- RyJo was the one who claimed he was injured. Because Philly waived him with the intent of sending him to the AHL, which RyJo wanted no part of. So he claimed he was injured and could not be sent down. This also prevented him from being bought out, since you cannot buyout a player thay is currently injured.

- Philly had no problem paying RyJo his buyout money. The money was never the issue. The issue was always RyJo and the fact they(Tortz) simply didn't want him anywhere near that locker room. Arguably for good reason.

You're juat flat out wrong on your understanding of so many things and then brush off the facts bevause they dont align with your preconceived notions. And at one point it was kind of funny to read, now its just frustrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad