Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Alright, get Askarkov.

Annunen + Behrens + 2025 2nd
It would be George not Annunen.

Askarov wants to start, he'd get traded here and pull the same stunt and not report if George was still in the fold. If you are trading for him you pretty much have to make him the starter.

Reactions: Zandar

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com

Askarov wants to start, he'd get traded here and pull the same stunt and not report if George was still in the fold. If you are trading for him you pretty much have to make him the starter.
I don't think it would have to happen in one deal. Annunen would make sense as a backup and possible future starter for Nashville. Obviously we would then trade Georgie to San Jose, as they are quite helpful.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
This most likely is the last season the Avs make any kind of reasonable push to win a cup. I'm not sure a kid with three NHL games is the best way to do that.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Pepper your angus.
1724080731840.png

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

Askarov wants NHL, that was stated. George is here for one season. He wouldn't have problem with our situation

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Then he didn’t need to do it, let the division rival twist in the wind. Instead he bailed them out and got a draft pick he didn’t need, AND handed them a young asset in return. All for an aging, overpaid third pairing defender.
It should make zero difference to the Sharks how the Oilers season goes. They are not even real rivals and are not competing for a playoff spot.

3rd rounder + whatever Ceci brings at the deadline. That is much better than holding on to Ty Emberson.

Reactions: AslanRH

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
So can someone explain to me why the f*** San Jose is doing favors for Edmonton?

Seriously there was absolutely no reason for San Jose to so generously take Ceci of their hands for basically nothing. Should have demanded a first or top prospect at minimum with Ceci. Edmonton had absolutely no leverage.

Oh they can flip him at the deadline for a pick, sure, but is that 3rd or 4th round pick worth bailing out Edmonton? Ceci on San Jose will be a train wreck he won't get them more than a 3rd if they are lucky.

Sucks that Edmonton created a mess and should have lost some reasonable young players and incompetent GMs just bail them out with absurd trades.
They also helped out Vegas with retaining on Hertl

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Once again, completely incorrect.
Ah the I don't like the poster so I'm going to disagree with their post, even though it's completely correct.

Askarov won't report to Nashville because he won't start. But he'd report to Colorado even though he wasn't going to start over George? Makes total sense. Yeah you could argue that he'd get more of a look here, but sure it sounds like he wants the starting gig from the get go which unless we trade George isn't going to happen here.

It's very clear he thinks he should be starting. Why would he report to any team where he wasn't going to be the clear cut starter? He wouldn't and most likely won't do so.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Ah the I don't like the poster so I'm going to disagree with their post, even though it's completely correct.

Askarov won't report to Nashville because he won't start. But he'd report to Colorado even though he wasn't going to start over George? Makes total sense. Yeah you could argue that he'd get more of a look here, but sure it sounds like he wants the starting gig from the get go which unless we trade George isn't going to happen here.

It's very clear he thinks he should be starting. Why would he report to any team where he wasn't going to be the clear cut starter? He wouldn't and most likely won't do so.

Show me where it says he won't report because he won't start.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That’s not how it works anymore Trotz…
Yeah. I mean technically yes, they have the hammer on that and can stay pat. But that's not going leave a good impression on players you are trying to negotiate with in the future, trying to squeeze them this early in your young GM career.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Well Askarov won’t report the AHL because that’s where the Predators are sending him. I don’t think being a starter is a requirement, but being guaranteed NHL time is.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Well Askarov won’t report the AHL because that’s where the Predators are sending him. I don’t think being a starter is a requirement, but being guaranteed NHL time is.
Yup. Money is not an insignificant factor in this. Making 950K in the NHL vs making 80 something in the AHL.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It should make zero difference to the Sharks how the Oilers season goes. They are not even real rivals and are not competing for a playoff spot.

3rd rounder + whatever Ceci brings at the deadline. That is much better than holding on to Ty Emberson.
Conversely, the Oilers struggling to get back under the cap doesn't affect them either. Why subsidize them for nothing?

And I'd argue they'd be better off holding onto Emberson. Ceci is a net negative who brings next to nothing to the table. They've already spent a couple years stockpiling draft picks, this makes no difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad