Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Talk | The Slow Crawl to the Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Edmonton should trade Ceci. A team of old fossils can’t afford to lose their only two young players.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
St Louis woke up this morning and chose violence. TWO offersheets to a cap starved Oilers team LMAO.
This is how you do offers sheets, and it's really curious why there are no more of them. Overpay for potential of a good player (not elite player). You offer sheet a star player, either the other team will match it or gets massive compensation. Overpay these middle class players on a cap crunched team? You might actually get the player, and the compensation isn't huge.

A lot of people criticize Carolina for what they did with Kotkaniemi. The initial move of getting him via offer sheet was actually very well done by them. They took advantage of Montreal's cap situation. The mistake was made when they extended him for a long deal.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Offersheets are generally frowned upon unless the players play on a team whom nobody likes their GM

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Yowza. That's a stinger for the Oilers. I don't see how they can match for Broberg but I think they match for Holloway. Shit. That's only a 2nd for Broberg too lol.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I hope that this is a personal attack on the guy the Oilers hired as GM, but either way, gave me a good chuckle

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Players warn their team before signing an offer sheet with another team. The timing of the Kane announcement tells me that they'll LTIR his ass and match...but we'll see.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Players warn their team before signing an offer sheet with another team. The timing of the Kane announcement tells me that they'll LTIR his ass and match...but we'll see.
So much fun that LTIR is just a tool that teams can seemingly use willy-nilly - on a whim - without any justification and we get burned with a guy like Nuke.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So much fun that LTIR is just a tool that teams can seemingly use willy-nilly - on a whim - without any justification and we get burned with a guy like Nuke.
We have had Landeskog in the same situation for two years now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How are we getting burned? Nuke isn’t counting against the cap?

Also the fact that Kane played through a hernia since like December(or whenever it was) is crazy to me. That would’ve been the perfect time to LTIR him but 🤷‍♂️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad