Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I hope like hell Landeskog can convince Skinner to sign here on the cheap.

We need all the value contracts in UFA. Adding a ~1.5-2M top six forward would be a godsend.

Stick him on a line with Mittelstadt and Lehkonen and you can hide his defensive warts.
Trade Rosco for picks/prospects. Re-sign Drouin. Sign Skinner and Pageau to cheap deals after they get bought out.

JD/Mack/Mikko
Landy/Mitts/Skinner
Lehky/JGP/Nuke
Wood/Koval/LOC
Wags

• Love
Reactions: Linds and Bensch88

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
No thanks to Beauvillier. Seems to be one of those guys not good enough for top 6 and not built for bottom 6. Maybe if our 3rd line was structured differently but not how it's presently constructed.

Trade Rosco for picks/prospects. Re-sign Drouin. Sign Skinner and Pageau to cheap deals after they get bought out.

JD/Mack/Mikko
Landy/Mitts/Skinner
Lehky/JGP/Nuke
Wood/Koval/LOC
Wags
The math doesn't math

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
No thanks to Beauvillier. Seems to be one of those guys not good enough for top 6 and not built for bottom 6. Maybe if our 3rd line was structured differently but not how it's presently constructed.

The math doesn't math
It would work if we got rid of Nuke, which I hope happens.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I hope like hell Landeskog can convince Skinner to sign here on the cheap.

We need all the value contracts in UFA. Adding a ~1.5-2M top six forward would be a godsend.

Stick him on a line with Mittelstadt and Lehkonen and you can hide his defensive warts.
There’s all that and that we turn one year reclamations into good seasons that net a good contract after and sometimes get you a Cup, if not with us then with the next team. But the player needs to want to be here so time to send out the Colorado River brochures and videos I guess .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Who would you target for the 3C? I’m also in agreement with you.
Better chance it would probably be via a trade. Pageau absolutely fits that bill, but one of the other problems is that the bottom 6 this postseason had close to zero offensive instinct. Because of that, they need to get some offensive wingers to fill some of that secondary scoring quota as well. Getting LOC is huge, but the Avs need another Burakovsky-esque level player to play on that third line, which could be Ross Colton (he just shouldn't play centre).

As for your question, here are the players I would target including Lundestrom (could eventually get into that role), Krebs (could eventually get into that role), Zacha (Boston needs centres though), Stenlund (I think he can offer more), Sissons, Laughton, Gourde, Blueger, Roy (VGK), Dowd (I think he can offer more), Jenner, and I am also going to give R. McLeod a shout. There are probably a couple I missed, but those are the ones I would go off the top of my head. Stenlund or Roy are the ones that would look good here and play higher (add Dowd and Lundestrom potentially to that list as well). Then MacFarland re-signs Trenin for the 4th line centre role and we gucci. I still want Avs to go after Janmark though, he should be a must-get for the bottom 6.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

It is always interesting how these games get played by agents. I 100% guarantee that his agent said 'they just signed Korpi, the risk here is low that they will give up in a season. We can revisit it for next year's NTC teams.' Agents try to find a way to take a 10 team NTC and practically make it 20. I'd be shocked if places like the Rangers, Isles, Bolts, Jets, etc were on there. Why even include them when they aren't practically trading for a goalie.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Ullmark doesn't want to be there the Sens should trade his ass. It's time for that team to build around guys that want to be there and be part of their future.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't know his sources, but puckempire on IG seems to think rangers will still be trying to trade kakko.
IT's pretty obvious considering how quickly they agreed on an extension. But I do also think that they are content on keeping him, if nothing interesting comes up. Unless Dolan basically forces Drury to do something at the draft because of the spotlight.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
If Ullmark doesn't want to be there the Sens should trade his ass. It's time for that team to build around guys that want to be there and be part of their future.
He's playing for his next contract this year and that market desperately needs to make the playoffs or at least take a step forward. If things aren't looking good, there is always the trade deadline

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It seems like every year Ottawa makes the right move on paper that seems like a great deal for them... and it always fails and they're still stuck in mediocrity.

Reactions: Linds

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It seems like every year Ottawa makes the right move on paper that seems like a great deal for them... and it always fails and they're still stuck in mediocrity.
100%, they win every offseason haha. Then the puck drops and nothing changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad