Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Mikko is 1 year away from UFA and I don’t think we can afford his 11 mill plus next cap hit. We can prob get a haul for him with a roster player or 2 and good top prospect or draft pick and save some cap.

Give me a PLD type return like the Jets got from LA. Couple ideas…

Rangers
Lafreniere
Schneider

Sabres
Tuch
Jokiharju
1st

Utah
Crouse
Moser
1st

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If Pageau gets bought out I’d love him as 4C and as a mentor defensively to our other Cs
4C? He's still a 3C for sure. Would be a real good target for a Colton replacement if they went that route.

He's a good dude as well. One of my buddies that I played hockey with growing up ended up playing on the same Gatineau team with JGP and billeted with his family while he was with the team.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
4C? He's still a 3C for sure. Would be a real good target for a Colton replacement if they went that route.

He's a good dude as well. One of my buddies that I played hockey with growing up ended up playing on the same Gatineau team with JGP and billeted with his family while he was with the team.

It would be more in my hopes that he’d come cheaper and we’d be able to run 4 Cs, if the move was to swap out Colton for futures and JGP as the 3C I think I’d be fine with that. Would still want a 4C that could just win faceoffs and play well defensively…maybe someone like Kevin Stenlund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some random thoughts.

- Walman is a beaut, love that trade for the Sharks (similar to Avs getting Toews, but jake is not as talented).

- Keep Manson and Girard, but add to the depth.

- Drouin is probably looking at security in regards to term and he's not a player I would trust with term.

- I am a big believer that your #3 centre needs to be better defensively than offensively, Avs need to look for that type of player. Pageau would not be a bad bet here, but I think there are better centres out there that can fill that position.

- Go after Janmark!!!!

- Walker is a good player but is not built for playoff hockey. Move on.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Some random thoughts.

- Walman is a beaut, love that trade for the Sharks (similar to Avs getting Toews, but jake is not as talented).

- Keep Manson and Girard, but add to the depth.

- Drouin is probably looking at security in regards to term and he's not a player I would trust with term.

- I am a big believer that your #3 centre needs to be better defensively than offensively, Avs need to look for that type of player. Pageau would not be a bad bet here, but I think there are better centres out there that can fill that position.

- Go after Janmark!!!!

- Walker is a good player but is not built for playoff hockey. Move on.

Who would you target for the 3C? I’m also in agreement with you.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Mikko is 1 year away from UFA and I don’t think we can afford his 11 mill plus next cap hit. We can prob get a haul for him with a roster player or 2 and good top prospect or draft pick and save some cap.

Rangers
Lafreniere
Schneider

Sabres
Tuch
Jokiharju
1st

Utah
Crouse
Moser
1st
It turns out we actually can afford Mikko, because of the cap going up. And I remember hearing that they want to get the extension done.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Rangers
Lafreniere
Schneider

Sabres
Tuch
Jokiharju
1st

Utah
Crouse
Moser
1st
Rangers are not trading Lafreniere, lol. Why would Mikko want to re-sign for the Sabres? Utah could mayyyyybe work, if Markkanen could talk Mikko into it I guess. But chances are still slim.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The more the better.

Hopefully the UFA market continues to get more and more additions to it.
Actually really looking like this summer could be very exciting for the first time in many years. Interesting names UFA, plenty of potential trades, big name contract extensions (Draisaitl, Rantanen, Marner, Shestyorkin)...

Reactions: expatriatedtexan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad