Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oilers will lose a lot of depth this summer.
Only guy on defense they may lose is is Desharnais. Up front they have some guys they'll lose for sure, but 8/9 of their top 9 from last night will return. Foegele is the only guy they'll lose.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Reclamation project for next year
It's funny because up until recently Nuke was used on this board as an excuse to get more reclamation projects because, well, if it worked with Val it can work again (all the other Avs reclamation projects failed miserably).

Well, now we're back to square 0.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You're assuming the Avs won't take a step back. Frankly just the simple swap of Nuke and Drouin to Landy is a pretty large step back. The Avs are losing ~6 forwards off the roster and ~2 defensemen without salary to replace those roles adequately. Which basically counts on the Avs picking up another ~4-5 guys at the deadline to fill out the roster. The big pieces are all ready for the Avs (except maybe in net), it is just about the rest of the roster and I don't see how they can have enough depth.

The Dallas series really wasn't that close, they are clear step ahead. While they maybe have some guys that step back a touch, they have a number of guys who should step up. Edmonton has one more clear year before it gets murky. Vancouver is on an upward trajectory. Vegas is tricky in that they should take a step back, but they always seem to find a way.

East will continue to be a bloodbath, I think there are 4 better than any in the West. The West just has to hope they beat themselves up.
In that same regard, though, we're assuming Vancouver continues on an upward trajectory, that Vegas doesn't hit a block with their aging core, that Edmonton keeps their same depth despite all the UFAs and RFAs they have, etc.

It isn't only the Avs taking a step back.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
In that same regard, though, we're assuming Vancouver continues on an upward trajectory, that Vegas doesn't hit a block with their aging core, that Edmonton keeps their same depth despite all the UFAs and RFAs they have, etc.

Edmonton’s losses are only low in the lineup. Vancouver has a pretty good prospect pool to step in (and the most active GM in the league). Vegas is Vegas.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Edmonton’s losses are only low in the lineup. Vancouver has a pretty good prospect pool to step in (and the most active GM in the league). Vegas is Vegas.
We can argue semantics all day long. Edmonton's issues are Colorado's issues - top heavy lineup, need cheap depth to support. Prospects for Vancouver are prospects until they prove otherwise, just like we used to always pencil kids into our lineups annually. Vegas already took a major step back this past season as a WC2 team and their core continues to age.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

If the Avs don't keep Nuke they not even make the playoffs , based on their winning % without him.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's funny because up until recently Nuke was used on this board as an excuse to get more reclamation projects because, well, if it worked with Val it can work again (all the other Avs reclamation projects failed miserably).

Well, now we're back to square 0.
Avs don't have a choice, they HAVE to take gambles on reclamation projects because they don't have any real ace prospects ready to step in and they're in desperate need of depth.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Edmonton has one more year until Draisaitl and Bouchard needs new deals. It'll probably cost 20M just to sign them both.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Edmonton has one more year until Draisaitl and Bouchard needs new deals. It'll probably cost 20M just to sign them both.
It will be more than $20M for both of them. Draisaitl is getting at least $13M and Bouchard is getting at least $8M. Bouchard puts up the points and is having a great playoffs. Cap is going up, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I know CMac mentioned Lehky getting surgery, but I don't recall a timeline on his recovery being mentioned. Do you know something I don't about when he would be expected back?
They hope he's fine for training camp

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Top 6 wingers this season:
Rantanen
Drouin
Nuke
Lehky

Top 6 wingers to start next season:
Rantanen (maybe)

Not there:
Drouin (too expensive)
Landy (dead)
Nuke (high)
Lehky (surgery)

We are truly f***ed lol. Prepare yourself for Wood and LOC on the first line.
Season opening roster…

Wood-MacK-Mikko
LOC-Mitts-Kovalenko
Kiviranta-Colton-Foudy
Cogs(maybe)-Wagner-???

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
JJ(maybe)-Malinski

Georgiev
Annunen

I ain’t worried

Ad