Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sucks to waste such a promising year, but the addition of Mittelstadt gives me hope to extend this window for a couple more years.

They have an excellent 1-2 punch at centre and I think that’s something that really helps the build process.

It’s not like I want to trade Mikko, but honestly I would consider it at this point. I’d move Landeskog first, but nobody would take him for a good package back.

I’d consider some kind of package bringing back a potential top-4 two way D prospect, a forward prospect knocking on the door for a top-9 job, and picks.

I don’t think it’s likely to happen, but this isn’t the time to stop making bold moves.

The Mittelstadt move was masterclass. We need another move like that.

Ya they actually have real Center depth for the first time since 2022.

Much easier to fill out the wings.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I like the idea of beauvillier, like someone mentioned earlier. Would he come over on a 1 year 2.5 million, get that Colorado bump?
This would also hinge on Nuke's contract terminated
Get Drouin on 3/3.5
Beauvillier 1/2.5

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I like the idea of beauvillier, like someone mentioned earlier. Would he come over on a 1 year 2.5 million, get that Colorado bump?
This would also hinge on Nuke's contract terminated
Get Drouin on 3/3.5
Beauvillier 1/2.5
Definitely not.

League minimum at best. He's had 2 awful years far worse then what Drouin just had. Doesn't deserve anywhere close to 2.5.

But I do think they'll find a resolution that keeps Drouin around.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
After playing around with the numbers, I have a feeling the Avs are going to be fairly conservative this offseason.

- Re-sign Mitts
- Re-sign Drouin if he's under $3.5 mil
- Sign a few depth players ranging from $850k-1.25 mil
- Sign a center reclamation project like Parsinnen

And see how it plays out. Think there's too much uncertainty with both Nuke and Landy, and I don't think the Avs will be willing to take a penalty to terminate Nuke's contract. If everybody is back in November CMac will trade Lehky/G/Manson/Colton/Wood and/or play some LTIR games.

I could see them trading Wood if there's an opportunity this offseason. That would be the biggest splash imo.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Lol, Drouin isn't signing anything under 4.5M. he's under 30 and just had an almost 60pts season. The only way he's coming back is if management figures out how to trade one of Colton, Manson or Girard without taking any to very minimal money back. That's literally the only option to get Drouin on board. Trade 1 out and there is money for Drouin, if you don't he's gone.

We are in a huge bind. We have basically no money.

There is an easy solution it's called trade Rantanen, which isn't going to happen. So we'll be penny pinching for the foreseeable future.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah — this is where bad drafting sets us back from clubs like Dallas. We’ve had some big first round misses. Could really use affordable high quality middle six winger talent right now.
Maybe Ritchie becomes that guy in couple of years

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I’d be stoked if the Avs could get a legit 3C that wins faceoffs and is skewed towards being defensively responsible.

Yeah I like Colton at 3C, but I was hoping for a little better defense.

My hope forever is that the Avs can find a 3C with some size, decent skating, physicality, good defense, good on the PK, great on faceoffs, and 35+ points.

I think that's the perfect 3C on any team and really solidifies any lineup. I'd like to see them target guys that could develop into this in the draft. Late 1st or later.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Yeah I like Colton at 3C, but I was hoping for a little better defense.

My hope forever is that the Avs can find a 3C with some size, decent skating, physicality, good defense, good on the PK, great on faceoffs, and 35+ points.

I think that's the perfect 3C on any team and really solidifies any lineup. I'd like to see them target guys that could develop into this in the draft. Late 1st or later.

I wish the Jets had continued to struggle, because Lowry would be amazing

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
This is simply not the case. The better question is when is the last time management/coach gave a 2nd or 3rd rounder a real look, like more than 20 games? You probably have to go back to 2017 with Timmins.

Annunen is just now getting a look, Foudy has been give extremely minimal looks with minimal mins, Sampo was given like 2 playoff games and was never heard from again and bolted for Europe, Behrens maybe gets a look this year but I'll believe it when I see it. Steinberg and Beaucage are two huge misses but missing is going to happen. Annunen, Foudy, Behrens are all guys that they should be giving every opportunity to get spots next year, instead of reaching for the washed up league min vet. History unfortunately shows that management will probably sign a bunch of trashy vets and leave no roster spots up for grabs.

The Avs don't exactly have a great track record over the past 10ish seasons of giving real looks at any player drafted after round 1. You can say bad drafting or you can say unwillingness to try guys. Probably a combo of both. Honestly if I was a 2nd or 3rd round pick of the Avs I'd immediately be on the phone with my agent figuring out how to get out, since our track record shows that they probably won't get the time of day.
Name the rookies that have been unfairly left out of the roster. I cannot think of a single one. Annunen could have played more down the stretch this season, even then he still played and received an extension.

Foudy, Ranta and guys like that were simply not ready to offer much at all at the NHL level. It makes no sense for a contender to play AHL quality rookies just because, sign actual NHL level talent for cheap and win more hockey games.

Last edited:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I wish the Avs amateur scouts could explain what the f*** their rationale is after top 10 picks? I understand scouting is hard and from my couch it's easier said than done but how are you THIS incompetent over a nearly twenty year period?
Have been wondering the same for a long time. The results after the easier top 10 picks are extremely underwhelming and have been since 2009, that´s a long ass time to suck at one of the more important aspects of running NHL franchises.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
After playing around with the numbers, I have a feeling the Avs are going to be fairly conservative this offseason.

- Re-sign Mitts
- Re-sign Drouin if he's under $3.5 mil
- Sign a few depth players ranging from $850k-1.25 mil
- Sign a center reclamation project like Parsinnen

And see how it plays out. Think there's too much uncertainty with both Nuke and Landy, and I don't think the Avs will be willing to take a penalty to terminate Nuke's contract. If everybody is back in November CMac will trade Lehky/G/Manson/Colton/Wood and/or play some LTIR games.

I could see them trading Wood if there's an opportunity this offseason. That would be the biggest splash imo.
As in Juuso Pärssinen from the Preds? Sign me the f up! Have they given up on him?

On an unrelated note: The vibe I get is that we'll try to re-sign Rantanen.

Even with many things up in the air, next season will probably be our best try at the cup in many many years to come.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I feel all die hard fans that follow prospects to some extent just want to see these prospects at the highest level. I think that is the human element of it. The fact is though, you can pretty easily tell a guy who will have an impact at a NHL level pretty early. Yeah there are certainly cases of late bloomers and chance just not lining up right (which I think are mainly square peg/round hole situations), but guys with legit NHL talent show it at lower levels and it is pretty clear. When they get to the NHL and even practice with them, they click early. You don't need 40 games at 15 minutes to see the requisite skills.
If it is so easy and so clear, why do so many teams miss on so many draft picks?

The NHL is a damn tough league in which to play hockey, I get it. But even so, it seems to me that there should be room for player development after age 18. Or even 20.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad