Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
They might as well bring him up and put him through his paces, because his trade value is almost non-existent.

That's not me talking. That's Mark Divver talking, and he's the guy talking to scouts who have little good to say about Lysell.
Just another ‘untouchable’ who now may be the ‘no one wants to touch anyways’. Move him now if you can.

Reactions: Gordoff

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The trade board has a thread on Elliotte Friedman's report that the Canucks have conceded on Lindholm, and their final offer for Zadorov would come this weekend. Their pre-Lindholm 3rd line center, Blueger, along with Dakota Joshua are also free agents and Boeser has one year left.

Maybe the Bruins should think about trading for Lindholm and Zadorov's rights if either one is their target? Maybe Vancouver would be interested in Coyle, Frederic, and/or Geekie in a larger deal? They can't all play at center in Boston, not again.

And I don’t see how more than two of those guys are on the 25-26 roster anyway.
I would recommend listening to the podcast Mark Divver was recently on. He watches all the Providence games and talks to the scouts. The scouts he has spoken to feel he has zero value, his coach publicly called him out for being selfish and scouts describe him as an "independent contractor". Give him a look in camp but I would not go into this off season and free agency expecting him to play a game for the Bruins next year, no way should Sweeney pass on an established free agent expecting anything from Lysell.

Take opposition scouts saying a guy has no value with some salt, I think. Go listen to Divver talk about Lorhei earlier in the season. It’s not glowing. I dunno, after reading about how great Senyshyn was going to be or how Poitras was years away, I take all these things with a giant grain of salt. You don’t really know how well he will fit until you see it. He would instantly be the best skater and second most skilled guy on the team. Of course, at the NHL level it’s a lot more than that. I just wonder if the stick of being sent back down might work better for him than the carrot of being called up. Better to find out now than when he doesn’t have to pass thru waivers.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I’ve never been a Henrique fan.

I’d be good with Laine if it were a situation where he was bought out and we signed him on a 1-2 year “prove it” deal. But I don’t know if Columbus would be willing to buy him out and I highly doubt they’d retain enough of his 8.7 to make me comfortable going that route.

I know a lot of people would shy away from him, but he has elite talent and goal scoring ability. I have no idea where he is in regard to his recovery, and I hope he’s in a good place.

If he were in the right frame of mind, this could be a very good place for him, with Montgomery being here and the positive, professional culture to support him.
When he was healthy he was a PPG and I hate to post it again, but this looks exactly like what happened with Boeser last summer.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
All the Providence call ups over the past two seasons and not once did Lysell get the call. Way too early to call him a bust, but it would seem he has alot of work to do
They were trying to get a better playoff seeding, but I was still surprised/disappointed to not see Merk and Lysell in game 82 this year…

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I’m passing too

Laine would be all over though

His dad died and knocked him into bad place

He’s still 26 and plsys LW

Laine - Lindholm- Pastrnak

BWAHAHAHAH

Hard to imagine even but I managed

Donny give us a gift
Agreed.

It’s crazy that so many things about Boeser (Dad dying, former pure sniper, wanting out of a city, no takers, etc) and Boeser remained in Vancouver and put up 40 goals this year.

Fast forward and a guy who is still only 26 with six 20+ goal seasons and three 30+ and a 44 goal season in there with his last two seasons before the last one as a PPG in Columbus and you see pure potential to get him for cheap and retained.

He would have his first ever season in a large NHL market with a contract coming in the next two years and walking into a strong culture team.

Look at Ullmark coming here after a tough emotional rollercoaster; he now won’t waive to leave, lol.

Hes slowly becoming my #2 target behind the big top line C.

How much have you watched him?
Watched two years ago. Looked just like the broken Boeser did last year when his Dad passed and his mind was in a dark place.

I admit, I watch more because I draft him every year in my big money pool and this year cost me so I dug deep before Christmas trade drops to watch and ask what was going on.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
When he was healthy he was a PPG and I hate to post it again, but this looks exactly like what happened with Boeser last summer.

I’m not against him, for the right price.

I just worry about his frame of mind, so to speak.

Always a concern when someone has an addiction.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I’m not against him, for the right price.

I just worry about his frame of mind, so to speak.

Always a concern when someone has an addiction.
And then when you clear your head, find a good team that support one another and a city that loves comeback stories, you can see an opportunity for the team to buy low.

Well you are one of his biggest supporters and fans so I’d expect that from you.

Reactions: sarge88

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Zadorov will be anything but a trifling cost. May as well trade Lohrei if you’re going to spend $6.5M on that guy
There's an argument to be made for him but I'm not completely on board with it and not for the money he'll get. Regardless, I'm referring to the mid round pick it would cost to trade for their rights. If Lindholm's their #1 offseason target then use the 120th or whatever pick in the draft to secure him before he hits the open market.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
There's an argument to be made for him but I'm not completely on board with it and not for the money he'll get. Regardless, I'm referring to the mid round pick it would cost to trade for their rights. If Lindholm's their #1 offseason target then use the 120th or whatever pick in the draft to secure him before he hits the open market.

He's a third pairing luxury. At that money, he is a mistake.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Your mind is made up and no one is changing it.

Change my mind!!!

Just kidding, Bruins are one of 7 teams after Florida you can throw a blanket over as equals. NYR, Canes, Leafs, Stars, Avs, Oilers. Everyone one of them are their equals.
We need to be faster to beat the Canes. We need to be tougher to beat Florida. I think we can beat the rest in the list right now and definitely with good additions.

Reactions: Gordoff and DKH

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Getting ready for DS first trade and Fa signing
"We made an offer of $6x6 to Zadorov. Since he accepted a different offer we thought the next best possible player for the Boston Bruins was Matt Grzelcyk. We have offered him the same deal of $6x6 with a full NMC.
We are very happy he has accepted our offer and will cement the first defense pairing with McAvoy for years to come. The advanced analytics has already shown us that only next to Grzelcyk we can fully establish McAvoy's exposure as a dominant defenseman and warrant his $9.5m cap hit." :sarcasm:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Well you are one of his biggest supporters and fans so I’d expect that from you.
Wrong again Coach. I was the very first person on here to jump on him and I survived the hot kitchen.

I've also kept on being tough on him when deserved. And he has been deserving.

I just disagree that he has to force his way onto the roster this year.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
There are a lot of players mentioned in threads...along the way , the name gets left out, due to replies to each other......instead of HIM, etc can we use the players name when replying? Half the time I have no clue who someone is talking about.
Agree completely—please be specific in every post.

Include the player name—much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad