Feb 2, 2016
The pro Florida side of a discussion

Barkov was a ballsy pick wasn’t supposed to go there

Tkachuk trade by Zito outstanding
Bennett a distressed asset he stole him
Reinhart brilliant trade
Lundell great pick
Verhague good judgement & good fortune

I get it but all 6 guys had a little bit to a lot more then already assembled open pack plug in and ta da
Forsling the best deal of the lot. A legit top D man for free. One of the best waiver wire pick ups of all time

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
The trade board has a thread on Elliotte Friedman's report that the Canucks have conceded on Lindholm, and their final offer for Zadorov would come this weekend. Their pre-Lindholm 3rd line center, Blueger, along with Dakota Joshua are also free agents and Boeser has one year left.

Maybe the Bruins should think about trading for Lindholm and Zadorov's rights if either one is their target? Maybe Vancouver would be interested in Coyle, Frederic, and/or Geekie in a larger deal? They can't all play at center in Boston, not again.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I just don’t understand why we won’t even consider Lysell a viable option, he has a top six skill set

The kid has an elite skill set, lit it up last year in the AHL and specifically out scored most of his age peers.

Like we talk on this board about developing the youth but we want to give this kid who has all the talent to become a real top six winger and we want to all bury him for some reason. It makes zero sense to me. (After rereading your post you aren’t saying this, but other posters are so i won’t delete lol)

If he shows he can adapt and continue to be coachable then he deserves a shot
I did not say I would not consider him, I just said show me, I don't think he is a viable option until he does so.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I think a top 10 pick for Ullmark is a pipe dream, but yes if you can get it (even with a slight add) you do it and you make the pick. The Bruins need more high end prospects.

Have to tip my cap to Sweeney he’s managed to remain competitive after an all-in Cup run failure. But he doesn’t have the roster to go all in next year, so a top pick would be outstanding.
I think it’s another type of pipe dream. And I’m not CRACKING a joke.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Tomorrow’s Globe:

ETC.​

Nothing doing on DeBrusk, Swayman​

There are no plans for Bruins GM Don Sweeney to speak to the media until June 27 in Las Vegas, the day prior to Round 1 of the draft. Ergo, nothing from the corner office about an effort, if any, to keep Jake DeBrusk from becoming an unrestricted free agent, or where things stand with franchise goalie Jeremy Swayman on a contract extension.

Swayman’s agent, Lewis Gross, did not respond to an email from the Globe late in the week, seeking comment on Swayman’s contract status.

DeBrusk’s agent, Rick Valette, of High River, Alberta, likewise did not respond to a text seeking comment about his client’s next contract. For those planning a trip out there, High River is west of WHL Swift Current, where DeBrusk starred as a junior. Pro tip: Bring bear spray if you’re in the Greater Banff neck of the woods.

Swayman was awarded $3.475 million for 2023-24 via salary arbitration and could end up in that greenbacks taffy pull again this summer, if Sweeney and Gross again fail to negotiate a landing spot on a new deal. The Bruins are in the window that allows them to elect arbitration. Swayman can trigger it as of July 5.

A one- or two-year award could see Swayman, 25, double his pay of last season. As noted in this space recently, a long-term pact (maximum eight years, per CBA guidelines), could boost him to the $9.5 million-a-year echelon, if the deal were measured against the eight-year extension that Tuukka Rask signed in Boston at age 26 in 2013 (fresh off a run to the Cup Final).

Rask’s average annual value was $7 million. Adjusted for a cap boosted to $88 million next season, that would be $9.5 million. Currently, Sweeney has that cash on hand and potentially $10 million-$15 million more for UFA shopping.

DeBrusk, the club’s leading playoff scorer (13 games, 5-6–11) this spring, earned $4 million each of the last two seasons. When he packed up in Brighton on the traditional lockers-and-lamentations day, he said he never imagined the prospect that he could be leaving the training facility for one last time.

With July 1 a mere two weeks in the offing, the former first-round pick looks like he’ll hit the open market. He has been a streaky, sometimes slumping, regular-season scorer in his time on Causeway Street, but those playoff numbers this spring are guaranteed to catch eyeballs.

As Game 4 of the Cup Final approached on Saturday, DeBrusk’s 11 points ranked among the league’s 28 most productive forwards this postseason. Reasonable to think he’ll see offers of, say, five years/$30 million from clubs such as Chicago, Detroit, Anaheim, and San Jose.

The Flames, less than 200 miles south of DeBrusk’s hometown of Edmonton, have slightly more than $20 million in shopping dough to shore up a roster that has not made the playoffs the last two seasons.

Could Krug land back in Boston?​

DeBrusk is the highest-profile/highest-producing Bruin to get this close to the UFA threshold since Torey Krug, their onetime point man. According to Krug at the time, the Bruins pulled an offer off the table in the weeks leading to his UFA eligibility, triggering his move to the Blues in October 2020 for seven years/$45.5 million. Now there are increasing hints Krug could be on the move again, only this time via buyout in the next 5-10 days. Still guaranteed three more years at $6.5 million per, Krug would be paid out across six years, the remaining value of $19.5 million reduced to $14 million.

If sent packing, Krug immediately would be rendered an unrestricted free agent, a scenario experienced in recent years by Zach Parise and Ryan Suter with the Wild, Kevin Shattenkirk with the Rangers, and others.

Krug, now 33, has delivered between 32 and 43 points in his four seasons under the Arch. He also invoked his no-trade clause to nix a 2023 deadline deal that would have sent him to the Flyers. Sounds increasingly like Blues management, amid a front office overhaul, is ready to move on from the diminutive blue liner.

Though never a stout defender, Krug did put up points in Boston, particularly on the power play. In the seven seasons leading up to departure, he scored 67 goals (24 on the power play) and 335 points — only six defenseman leaguewide scored more points in that stretch from 2013-14 to 2019-20.

In his four seasons wearing the Blue note, Krug has scored eight power-play goals in 255 games. Here in the Hub of Hockey, the entire cast of Bruins defensemen since his departure scored 17 power-plays goals, led by eight from Charlie McAvoy. The runners-up: Hampus Lindholm and Shattenkirk with two each.

All of which is to say that Krug, if sent packing, could be an interesting low-budget returnee for the Black and Gold. He is a left shot, still capable of sliding between pairings 2 and 3, and that left stick could offer interesting first- or second-unit balances to McAvoy’s right shot on the PP.

Oh, and the rekindling of the Krug-Brad Marchand insults from Twitter days, often centered on their challenged height, alone could be worth the price of acquisition.
I knew that the Krug back to Boston talk would start up, just dampened my Fathers Day, and my Birthday, please someone tell me he won't be back and I can save my 4th of July, please, please.

Reactions: BMC

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I would not trade Poitras for him either and the Rangers don’t need a goalie. I like the 3 way swap where we move someone for something the Rangers want, then complete the deal.
The only problem with Zibanjad, would be the tail end of his contract, and that is why I, am against Lidholm, Zib is better, but other than that I would drive Poitras to N.Y. not saying he will not have solid career, but he will not be a Zib.......

Reactions: bruins19

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Is Florida sweeping tonight? I'm debating throwing A few bucks on them.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think a top 10 pick for Ullmark is a pipe dream, but yes if you can get it (even with a slight add) you do it and you make the pick. The Bruins need more high end prospects.

Have to tip my cap to Sweeney he’s managed to remain competitive after an all-in Cup run failure. But he doesn’t have the roster to go all in next year, so a top pick would be outstanding.
This I will wholeheartedly disagree with.

The right moves THIS year and the Bruins could absolutely contend for the Cup.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The trade board has a thread on Elliotte Friedman's report that the Canucks have conceded on Lindholm, and their final offer for Zadorov would come this weekend. Their pre-Lindholm 3rd line center, Blueger, along with Dakota Joshua are also free agents and Boeser has one year left.

Maybe the Bruins should think about trading for Lindholm and Zadorov's rights if either one is their target? Maybe Vancouver would be interested in Coyle, Frederic, and/or Geekie in a larger deal? They can't all play at center in Boston, not again.
They didn’t all play center though. One of Frederic or Geekie were playing wing - both when Poitras was in the lineup. Yes, there was some jockeying in the playoffs.

Only way you trade for Lindholm’s rights is if there’s a deal in principle - and that would warrant a 5th rounder at best. No reason to pay for Zadorov’s rights - if you’re signing that guy for 8 years you’re trying to get fired anyway.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Maybe we could use Ullmark to get Laine retained using a third team, with whatever assets the third team provides going to Columbus.

Then we could open free agency going after Lindholm, a third line winger, and a physical defender. Or if they end up re-signing Debrusk, Maroon, and Heinen, just grab a defender, like Edmundson. And we’re done.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I just don’t understand why we won’t even consider Lysell a viable option, he has a top six skill set

The kid has an elite skill set, lit it up last year in the AHL and specifically out scored most of his age peers.

Like we talk on this board about developing the youth but we want to give this kid who has all the talent to become a real top six winger and we want to all bury him for some reason. It makes zero sense to me. (After rereading your post you aren’t saying this, but other posters are so i won’t delete lol)

If he shows he can adapt and continue to be coachable then he deserves a shot
I would recommend listening to the podcast Mark Divver was recently on. He watches all the Providence games and talks to the scouts. The scouts he has spoken to feel he has zero value, his coach publicly called him out for being selfish and scouts describe him as an "independent contractor". Give him a look in camp but I would not go into this off season and free agency expecting him to play a game for the Bruins next year, no way should Sweeney pass on an established free agent expecting anything from Lysell.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I’m passing too

Laine would be all over though

His dad died and knocked him into bad place

He’s still 26 and plsys LW

Laine - Lindholm- Pastrnak

BWAHAHAHAH

Hard to imagine even but I managed

Donny give us a gift
What's the knock on Laine? Locker room cancer or just kinda weird?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I like Zibanejad. I wouldn't want the Bruins to give up Poitras for him though. Have to think the Bruins target Lindholm in free agency first before trading for any forwards.

I love Zibanejad but he’s 31, has a big salary and will cost assets to get.

If they did it, IMO there’s no way they don’t start with Poitras and Lohrei as the start of a package.

Last edited:
Reactions: Absurdity and SPV

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't think how many former first round picks you have on your roster is a measure of anything. If it was, Buffalo would be your cup winner. They have more first rounders (some first overall) on their roster than any other team.

Great goaltending, solid team defense, speed and grit are what you need to win. A mixed roster that can play a game in different styles and adapt to adversity.

Bruins have a lot of that. We could use more speed, a little more grit and a real Bergeron replacement/1C. We are not that far away.

The Bergeron hole is massive.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
They didn’t all play center though. One of Frederic or Geekie were playing wing - both when Poitras was in the lineup. Yes, there was some jockeying in the playoffs.

Only way you trade for Lindholm’s rights is if there’s a deal in principle - and that would warrant a 5th rounder at best. No reason to pay for Zadorov’s rights - if you’re signing that guy for 8 years you’re trying to get fired anyway.
If they add a center and project Zacha or Poitras as the #2, they could decide Coyle's deal is too rich to be the 3C when Frederic and Geekie could do that for less. If he does stay there, then those two could have more value to someone else as centers, especially if the Bruins want more speed on the wing. Vancouver is losing a 3C and size on the wing in Joshua.

As for Lindholm and Zadorov, I'm sure they know either way who they want in free agency and in the trade market. If either one is their top priority, take control of the situation and make the move now. It's a trifling cost.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The Bruins are a top 5 NHL team about to add 25M in guys, with many young players aging into their best years.

Change my mind!

Your mind is made up and no one is changing it.

Change my mind!!!

Just kidding, Bruins are one of 7 teams after Florida you can throw a blanket over as equals. NYR, Canes, Leafs, Stars, Avs, Oilers. Everyone one of them are their equals.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If they add a center and project Zacha or Poitras as the #2, they could decide Coyle's deal is too rich to be the 3C when Frederic and Geekie could do that for less. If he does stay there, then those two could have more value to someone else as centers, especially if the Bruins want more speed on the wing. Vancouver is losing a 3C and size on the wing in Joshua.

As for Lindholm and Zadorov, I'm sure they know either way who they want in free agency and in the trade market. If either one is their top priority, take control of the situation and make the move now. It's a trifling cost.
Zadorov will be anything but a trifling cost. May as well trade Lohrei if you’re going to spend $6.5M on that guy

Your mind is made up and no one is changing it.

Change my mind!!!

Just kidding, Bruins are one of 7 teams after Florida you can throw a blanket over as equals. NYR, Canes, Leafs, Stars, Avs, Oilers. Everyone one of them are their equals.
Leafs? Come on man.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I would recommend listening to the podcast Mark Divver was recently on. He watches all the Providence games and talks to the scouts. The scouts he has spoken to feel he has zero value, his coach publicly called him out for being selfish and scouts describe him as an "independent contractor". Give him a look in camp but I would not go into this off season and free agency expecting him to play a game for the Bruins next year, no way should Sweeney pass on an established free agent expecting anything from Lysell.
All the Providence call ups over the past two seasons and not once did Lysell get the call. Way too early to call him a bust, but it would seem he has alot of work to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad