Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

Verbeek is reportedly listening to offers for Zegras.

As one of the many broken records on this board, I must opine that this would be a great idea.

This will be his lowest value (IMO) for the rest of his career. Time to get a young and extremely talented center back on this team Donny. Ride with Zegras/Poitras as your future top six centermen and fill the gap!

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's

Verbeek is reportedly listening to offers for Zegras.

As one of the many broken records on this board, I must opine that this would be a great idea.

This will be his lowest value (IMO) for the rest of his career. Time to get a young and extremely talented center back on this team Donny. Ride with Zegras/Poitras as your future top six centermen and fill the gap!

I don't see us having the value to match others in a bidding war for Zegras but dammit I hope we give it our best shot. I'd put any prospect or pick on the table for him and that includes Poitras.

Reactions: Gordoff

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Ze
I don't see us having the value to match others in a bidding war for Zegras but dammit I hope we give it our best shot. I'd put any prospect or pick on the table for him and that includes Poitras.
Zegras was bad for the US in every game I watched in the WC. I was getting some Dubois vibes with him. Wouldn't do Poitras for him based on his play. May not be fair but he was that bad.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Finally the bruins can get a player that can do the Michigan. Plan the parade if they get him.

Ze

Zegras was bad for the US in every game I watched in the WC. I was getting some Dubois vibes with him. Wouldn't do Poitras for him based on his play. May not be fair but he was that bad.
Dubois>zegras

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I threw out Vrana earlier today as a buy low options. Few other names to maybe kick tires on a they shouldn't break the bank....

Denis Gurianov - Turns 27yr old tomorrow. Had some decent years in Dallas early in his career. He's bounced around the last two season with time in Dallas, Montreal, Nashville & Philadelphia

Sammy Blais - Good size at 6'2/210lb and 28yrs ol. Plays an in your face game and throws the body. Has battled injuries due to his style of play, but he's a relentless forechecker.

William Carrier - Similar size and play style to Blais but has shown slightly better offensive production.

Jani Hakanpaa - Massive RD at 6'6/225lb. Throw a lot of hits and plays a smart defensive game.

Anthony Beauvillier - coming off a down season but still just 27yrs old and usually a 35-40pt guy.

Christian Fischer - mentioned him last year. The offense has never really translated at the NHL level, but the talent is there. Good defensively, plays in your face.

They're not names that are going to get people ready to plan a parade, but could be guys that you wonder how they signed so cheap i.e. Heinen

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I threw out Vrana earlier today as a buy low options. Few other names to maybe kick tires on a they shouldn't break the bank....

Denis Gurianov - Turns 27yr old tomorrow. Had some decent years in Dallas early in his career. He's bounced around the last two season with time in Dallas, Montreal, Nashville & Philadelphia

Sammy Blais - Good size at 6'2/210lb and 28yrs ol. Plays an in your face game and throws the body. Has battled injuries due to his style of play, but he's a relentless forechecker.

William Carrier - Similar size and play style to Blais but has shown slightly better offensive production.

Jani Hakanpaa - Massive RD at 6'6/225lb. Throw a lot of hits and plays a smart defensive game.

Anthony Beauvillier - coming off a down season but still just 27yrs old and usually a 35-40pt guy.

Christian Fischer - mentioned him last year. The offense has never really translated at the NHL level, but the talent is there. Good defensively, plays in your face.

They're not names that are going to get people ready to plan a parade, but could be guys that you wonder how they signed so cheap i.e. Heinen
I like Fischer and Hakanpaa. Both would solid depth additions. Maroon-Fischer-Duhaime may not put up a lot of points as a 4th line but two of the three are very fast, all are physical and Maroon is a very good locker room guy for a million. 4th line fixed. Frederic-Coyle-Geekie is a solid third line. Now they just have to add 2 top 6 centers and a scoring winger, easy, right?

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thinking if they want to spend on a defenseman Skjei might be the best fit

Allows you to do

Lindholm-McAvoy
Skjei-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

I love Zadorov as a player but fit wise I’m not sure he makes sense unless Carlo gets moved and replaced with a guy who can move the puck (doubtful)

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

Allows you to do

Lindholm-McAvoy
Skjei-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

I love Zadorov as a player but fit wise I’m not sure he makes sense unless Carlo gets moved and replaced with a guy who can move the puck (doubtful)
Skjei would probably be perfect, unless he turns back into a NYR pumpkin after leaving the Canes. Tons of even strength production and he plays PK.

Going to take big money, though.

edit: Actually, if they are going to raid the Canes, they should steal Chatfield while they're at it. Might be a super-late bloomer and he'd give them insurance against Peeke sucking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blowfish and CDJ

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I like Fischer and Hakanpaa. Both would solid depth additions. Maroon-Fischer-Duhaime may not put up a lot of points as a 4th line but two of the three are very fast, all are physical and Maroon is a very good locker room guy for a million. 4th line fixed. Frederic-Coyle-Geekie is a solid third line. Now they just have to add 2 top 6 centers and a scoring winger, easy, right?
Zacha- Lindholm- Pastrnak
Marchand- Coyle- DeBrusk
Heinen - Frederic- Geekie
Beecher-Boqvist- Brazeau
Poitras starts in AHL
Lauko
Maroon

Thank you Donny for your service

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Skjei would probably be perfect, unless he turns back into a NYR pumpkin after leaving the Canes. Tons of even strength production and he plays PK.

Going to take big money, though.

edit: Actually, if they are going to raid the Canes, they should steal Chatfield while they're at it. Might be a super-late bloomer and he'd give them insurance against Peeke sucking.
I will take Chatfield as a 3rd pair RD over Peeke, but Chatfield will probably get about Peeke money give or take $200k. So not happening.

I may have missed it on the Detroit board but I am surprised there seems to be little interest in Joshua and Chatfield who are both Suburban Detroit players.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Zacha- Lindholm- Pastrnak
Marchand- Coyle- DeBrusk
Heinen - Frederic- Geekie
Beecher-Boqvist- Brazeau
Poitras starts in AHL
Lauko
Maroon

Thank you Donny for your service
I like this but I'd prefer to use some of our cap and get a 2C and slide Coyle down a line to play with Lysell and Freddy.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Zegras-Debrusk
Freddy-Coyle-Lysell
Olivier-Beecher-Brazeau
Boqvist

Trade Ullmark for a 1st + ????
Trade 1st + Merkulov + Geekie for Zegras
Olivier for Lauko
We'd be fairly tight against the cap in this scenario.
Swayman (7 mill) Lindholm (7 mill) Debrusk (5 mill) Zegras (5.5 mill) Olivier (1.1 mill) Bussi (1 mill)
Out: Ullmark (-5 mill) Geekie (-2 mill) Lauko (-787.5K)
Net: 18.8
Disclaimer: Debrusk and Lindholm very team friendly contracts. Swayman 8yrs X7 would be ideal!

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Allows you to do

Lindholm-McAvoy
Skjei-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

I like Skjei a good player.

But adding a 7 year 50 million dollar LHD just doesn't seem to make sense. You'll be up to 23 million or so dedicated to 3 Defenseman, all locked in with NMC etc for at least 4 years. Where does that put Lohrei who is then locked in as a 3rd pairing guy for most of the remainder of the decade

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ullmark + Poitras for Pinto...bruins and sens celebrate.
Wouldn’t do Poitras one for one

I like Skjei a good player.

But adding a 7 year 50 million dollar LHD just doesn't seem to make sense. You'll be up to 23 million or so dedicated to 3 Defenseman, all locked in with NMC etc for at least 4 years. Where does that put Lohrei who is then locked in as a 3rd pairing guy for most of the remainder of the decade
Figured Lohrei would naturally see his TOI increase as Hampus and Skjei age, but agreed that it may not be the best use of assets. In terms of pure fit he’s probably the best player available on D though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad