Prospect Info: 2024-2025 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 10/02/2024)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Managing a team is more than just managing the cap. Teams can only carry 50 NHL contracts at a given time. Rangers are at 46. I wouldn't expect more than 48 going into a season and that's because of trade or waiver pick up flexibility. If you're already at 50 you can't add a player without dumping a player beforehand. Also that one guy for two guy deals are out. Not that I expect that we're going to be making such a deal or that we'll be picking anyone up on waivers at least anytime soon.

As far as signing prospects just because you have the space to do it....you might also stick yourself with a guy on a 3 year ELC and if he turns to shit then you haven't done the team or him a favor and you're left either allowing him to ride that term out or figuring a way to get rid of him. To me also when you have guys who are going to spend a season or more in the ECHL they're not really worth giving an NHL contract. As is the Rangers have more than enough players on NHL contracts to fill out the Wolf Pack's roster. So the point of giving someone 3 years who's not good enough to play for your AHL team is questionable. I prefer younger prospects who have some reasonable chance of one day becoming good NHL players and not everyone even on our AHL team is going to end up doing that.

I get it but with the lack of depth especially on young dman in Hartford, they should consider taking a chances on someone that might improve the depth. The Rangers should not rely on depth NHL vets or AHL depth vets. Habs got depth on young defense, Ducks also have young depth on defense, maybe a forward prospect for dman trade might happen in the future. outside of Robertson (who is not that good and AHL depth vets play with the Rangers like Mackey and Harpur over him tells the story of his chance to make it), Scanlin (who also does not look like an NHL player) and Mancini (who looks impressive and the best of the bunch) the depth is not that great as far as potential and young quality defensive depth. Honestly I hope the Rangers can draft an overage dman or someone from Europe who can play in the AHL in the mid-rounds in this upcoming draft so he might have the chance to improve that defensive depth in Hartford. When injuries to the defense happens, this will be an issue with this team. Do we want to see Harpur and Mackey in playoff games? I rather take a chance with Mancini and or some future d prospect that is already playing pro hockey.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad