Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury Updates

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I know!

it's just PTSD, it'll pass someday

but i'm telling you this future core of Scherbak, Andrighetto, Carr, Hudon and De La Rose will cause a lot of headaches to other teams
I think for me the big difference this time around is looking at a guy like Farrell who I think is fairly similar to the Scherbak/Andrighetto/Hudon tier. A couple of years ago there was some hype around him after his big sophomore year and he was getting pencilled into all the "2 years from now" lineups, there were discussions about if we could make room for him with other small forwards like Caufield and Gallagher because he was seen as having an inside shot at becoming a middle sixer for us.

Now he's off to a slow start in his 2nd pro year after a just OK first AHL season and has become a bit of an afterthought but nobody cares or even talks about him because it just doesn't really matter. He could still turn things around and figure out how to be a middle six scoring depth option in the future, but at this point he's behind Roy, Heineman, Kapanen, Beck, and maybe Mesar (and Newhook who's only 10 months older but is an actual NHL player) so it's not worth worrying about it. Tuch isn't an apples to apples comparison but he's probably ahead of Farrell too, and of course Demidov/Hage (and Slafkovsky) are in completely different categories.

8-10 years ago a player like Farrell flatlining to start his 2nd AHL year would have been crippling but today it just doesn't really matter because we don't desperately need a guy like him to be an upgrade on Newhook or we're totally screwed like we desperately needed Hudon/Andrighetto to be a huge upgrade on like Rene Bourque or whoever else we had back in those days.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Maybe the reason their conditioning sucks is they keep skipping practices for therapy days.

It's a big circle.

Mystery solved

In all honesty, i think the lack of structure and system is big part of these injuries

Defenseman and forwards are exhausting themselves defending, then taking big hits just trying to clear a puck, add in the blocked shots.

It has to take its toll

Reactions: Habs

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
6 game in 6 guys on IR 25% of the team + Price

Guhle
Slaf
Laine
RHP
Barron
Reinbacher

+ these 4 needed days off/missed games

Struble
Matheson
Armia
Dvorak

Total 20 guys that's half the team🤕

Are the Habs leading the league in missed games again?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
6 game in 6 guys on IR 25% of the team + Price

Guhle
Slaf
Laine
RHP
Barron
Reinbacher

+ these 4 needed days off/missed games

Struble
Matheson
Armia
Dvorak

Total 20 guys that's half the team🤕

Are the Habs leading the league in missed games again?
Only Price is on IR. RHP and Laine are on LTIR. Reinbacher is on SOIR which means his cap isn't counted on the Habs.

Slaf/Guhle and Barron won't be put on IR. It's all short term (IR requires 7 days of inactivities).

Habs

Who needs Michkov when you've got Bustbacher
Feb 28, 2002
Mystery solved

In all honesty, i think the lack of structure and system is big part of these injuries

Defenseman and forwards are exhausting themselves defending, then taking big hits just trying to clear a puck, add in the blocked shots.

It has to take its toll

We all knew it was a matter of time before the drop pass wrecked someone on this team. Drop the puck back.. ok.. but then 4 guys stand in front of you watching you hit a wall of opposing players? That's the play?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

It has to take its toll

Maybe, but I personally don't see a lot of evidence of that.

Barron got hurt because he fumbled an easy Ozone pass and tried to recover while Trouba was intent on punishing him.

Laine got hurt while trying to carry the puck over the blue line.

Guhle got hurt after dumping the puck in the Ozone, and once again, didn't brace himself for an incoming check.

Reinbacher should have easily been able to take that check without a season ending injury.

Slaf/Math I don't think we know totally what happened.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Maybe, but I personally don't see a lot of evidence of that.

Barron got hurt because he fumbled an easy Ozone pass and tried to recover while Trouba was intent on punishing him.

Laine got hurt while trying to carry the puck over the blue line.

Guhle got hurt after dumping the puck in the Ozone, and once again, didn't brace himself for an incoming check.

Reinbacher should have easily been able to take that check without a season ending injury.

Slaf/Math I don't think we know totally what happened.

Not just talking this yr though, we are yrs into the injury problems

Reactions: Canadienna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad