Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Would anyone be opposed to trading Perbix for a pick or prospect and signing Shatty to a 1 year league min deal to play with Moser

Reactions: Peacefool

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
Top prospects for Tampa Bay Lightning | NHL.com
Does anyone know where the Stacy Roest quotes in this article come from? I have checked and don't think they are from development camp. I think they might be from Dan Rosen contacting the team for this article and if so I wonder where these projected NHL arrivals time came from (most likely Rosen speculating)?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Top prospects for Tampa Bay Lightning | NHL.com
Does anyone know where the Stacy Roest quotes in this article come from? I have checked and don't think they are from development camp. I think they might be from Dan Rosen contacting the team for this article and if so I wonder where these projected NHL arrivals time came from (most likely Rosen speculating)?
The projected debuts are likely coming from Rosen, and maybe whoever else is helping him with that. I don't see our AGM volunteering that kind of information. There's no benefit to it. It takes the agency of the players away to get there faster, later, or not at all.

The quotes themselves seem fairly recent.

Reactions: LordStanlersCup

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Would anyone be opposed to trading Perbix for a pick or prospect and signing Shatty to a 1 year league min deal to play with Moser

Unless an unrealistic overpayment is involved I wouldn't trade Perbix, even if we had a capable replacement lined up you're adding needless uncertainty. If we wanted a shaky right handed defensemen with offensive prowess we would have signed the younger/better Barrie and not Shatty.

I'm actually pretty excited to see what Raddysh is going to do given a full season next to Hedman and some quality offensive ice time. The only problem is we're going to have to pay him for it at the end of the year if he finds any success.

Reactions: Renopucker

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The wrestler Corey Perry helped won the match, so you know the outcomes are pre-determined.

Or would that only apply for title matches?

Last edited:

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I was with u right after u said trade Perbix,didnt read rest of message

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why do we only have 3 goalies under contract normally we have 4 ?
Because if we don't have Vasi, what's even the point?

Syracuse has some goalies under contract, so they're okay. It's sort of unlikely that we get down to our 4th goalie as our starter, when we could trade, sign, or claim someone else.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Because if we don't have Vasi, what's even the point?

Syracuse has some goalies under contract, so they're okay. It's sort of unlikely that we get down to our 4th goalie as our starter, when we could trade, sign, or claim someone else.
Damn I was hoping we send JO Jo to the minors lol 😂 and sign a back up vet

TampaIceman

Jun 29, 2024
It’s probably what they should do but if they didn’t last season when they knew Vasy would be out they won’t now.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Huuhtanen in Tampa per his Instagram story.
Best not get too comfortable and just take in what he can potentially earn as his new home. Fella is gonna be back in Syracuse with Geekie and Duke before long. I say give them all the year and don't put any kind of pressure on things. Just go out and learn. I am extremely skeptical of our team this year. How TF are we gonna score any goals after teams throw the kitchen sink at line 1? Might as well grow em in Syracuse in the meantime

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Best not get too comfortable and just take in what he can potentially earn as his new home. Fella is gonna be back in Syracuse with Geekie and Duke before long. I say give them all the year and don't put any kind of pressure on things. Just go out and learn. I am extremely skeptical of our team this year. How TF are we gonna score any goals after teams throw the kitchen sink at line 1? Might as well grow em in Syracuse in the meantime
There's a non-zero chance that Huuhtanen scores 20-30 goals in Syracuse this year, most of em from the Stamkos spot on PP1. Absolute bomb of a one T

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
There's a non-zero chance that Huuhtanen scores 20-30 goals in Syracuse this year, most of em from the Stamkos spot on PP1. Absolute bomb of a one T
Hoping you're right. He reminds me a bit of that guy we had some years back in Mikhail Shalagin. Skill for days but dat skating tho........... I'm curious how the latter is gonna do playing for Magnitogorsk. Kid has at worst made the big times in Russia and just has to produce

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I doubt any teams want perbix he isn’t that good for an nhl defenseman

Guy was tethered to one of the worst defensemen we've ever iced in CDH for 2/3 of the season and then had to babysit Dumba, and he still ended up with a respectable stat line.

Paired with an actual good defenseman in Moeser, he's going to look like a stud.

Reactions: Ducati Boy and DFC

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think teams would want a righty in his mid twenties who went through a sophomore slump. Which is also why we would be idiots to give up on him before we see which version of Perbix is the real one.
Right now his value is low I wouldn’t move him lol

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think teams would want a righty in his mid twenties who went through a sophomore slump. Which is also why we would be idiots to give up on him before we see which version of Perbix is the real one.

He had 24 points all ES and was a +8 on a awful defensive team while playing 17mins a night at 1M, anyone criticizing him is kinda stupid, especially when the suggestion is to sign Shattenkirk as a replacement. He's the price of a 5-7 defenseman and definitely exceeding that in value.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Guy was tethered to one of the worst defensemen we've ever iced in CDH for 2/3 of the season and then had to babysit Dumba, and he still ended up with a respectable stat line.

Paired with an actual good defenseman in Moeser, he's going to look like a stud.
Not to kick the guy but Sergachev was an absolutely terrible combo too. If he wasn't with Cernak or Hedman, you basically had the on ice equivalent of a lit stick of dynamite and the only variable was how much time you had until the blast went off...

And Cernak was always hurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad