Speculation: 2024-2025 General Lightning Discussion: Preseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Lilleberg scored twice last night in a private game between Norway and France. Since when did he become a goal scorer? Maybe he's adjusting his game to become a more offensive physical d-man. Played really well.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Lilleberg scored twice last night in a private game between Norway and France. Since when did he become a goal scorer? Maybe he's adjusting his game to become a more offensive physical d-man. Played really well.
No disrespect to the rest of the players in the game, but an NHLer can typically do pretty well against guys from lower leagues.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Not surprised given this includes NHL players 23 and under. I think we’d do slightly better in a prospect ranking after adding Geekie. Seems like every team has at least one blue-chip prospect. The players we’re optimistic about (Duke, Howard, Huuhtanen, Gauthier, Pylenkov) probably don’t hold as much weight on a national media scale.

Reactions: Outl4w

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Two cups and many deep runs is and has been well worth the sacrificing of a top ranked farm system. Sorry, but you don't get both in many, if any cases in most sports leagues. Tampa used the assets they had to improve the team, and tbey also promoted a fair number of the highly ranked prospects that led them to continuous high rankings. Not a single fan base is trading the success that Tampa has had over the last 10 years in exchange for a top 5 or 10 farm system, give me a break. Tampa isn't devoid of any NHL caliber prospects either, and it's not as though Tampa needs that many to break through right now, with the main core locked up for several years to come. As long as a couple of the current close to ready guys can make the jump and be productive in the middle 6 over the next couple seasons, they should be fine for now.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Two cups and many deep runs is and has been well worth the sacrificing of a top ranked farm system. Sorry, but you don't get both in many, if any cases in most sports leagues. Tampa used the assets they had to improve the team, and tbey also promoted a fair number of the highly ranked prospects that led them to continuous high rankings. Not a single fan base is trading the success that Tampa has had over the last 10 years in exchange for a top 5 or 10 farm system, give me a break. Tampa isn't devoid of any NHL caliber prospects either, and it's not as though Tampa needs that many to break through right now, with the main core locked up for several years to come. As long as a couple of the current close to ready guys can make the jump and be productive in the middle 6 over the next couple seasons, they should be fine for now.
If we didn't trade for Jeannot we may have the 31st ranked prospect pool/

Means nothing when you still have a top-10 core.
It means nothing wasting away HOF players' prime years when they got scrubs in the top 9 forwards.

Reactions: Byrddog

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
We'll be as fine (for now) as Vasy makes us, the rest is just details.

Reactions: T REX

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We'll be as fine (for now) as Vasy makes us, the rest is just details.

Completely false, Kucherov is by far the most important piece right now unless you've been living under a rock. Vasy can miss half a season and play like the shit the other half and this team still makes the playoffs comfortably.

This team trades Vasy tomorrow and I comfortably trust them to still be a good team and JBB to find a solid replcaement, we trade Kucherov with Vasy in net still and I'm betting no playoffs.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Completely false, Kucherov is by far the most important piece right now unless you've been living under a rock. Vasy can miss half a season and play like the shit the other half and this team still makes the playoffs comfortably.

This team trades Vasy tomorrow and I comfortably trust them to still be a good team and JBB to find a solid replcaement, we trade Kucherov with Vasy in net still and I'm betting no playoffs.
Getting to the playoffs is probably 25% of the equation. Kuch might get us there but we are going as far as Vasy takes us come April/May. Teams can double Kuch like year. Suffocate him. Without much secondary scoring, it's on Vasy to carry the team. Take away that power play? We are mortal. Come playoffs we can get by on an average Kuch but not an average Vasy. The goalie can carry a team as far as he can(see Montreal).

Kuch can't do it by himself. VASY can. JMHO

Reactions: Outl4w and Bartleby

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If Vasy could do it himself yall wouldn't be making excuses about the defense all the time :laugh:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
If Vasy could do it himself yall wouldn't be making excuses about the defense all the time :laugh:
My point is only that a goalie going GOD mode can cover up a lot of weaknesses and keep a team in any game/series

That's all I was saying.

Reactions: Bartleby

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, and when Vasy is bad, the team isn't good enough to overcome it. We need him to be average at worst.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL

The most ridiculous post I've ever read here in quite some time. Kucherov just keeps getting better but that hasn't kept us from becoming a first round exit team. Without Vasy being top 3 to 5 in the league, we're just average, If the past two seasons hasn't demonstrated that to you in spades then you've taken a flight from reality.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The most ridiculous post I've ever read here in quite some time. Kucherov just keeps getting better but that hasn't kept us from becoming a first round exit team. Without Vasy being top 3 to 5 in the league, we're just average, If the past two seasons hasn't demonstrated that to you in spades then you've taken a flight from reality.

Pretty sure it's the loss of scoring depth and defensive loss that's a bigger factor than Vasy but yeah sure lmao.

Where do you think this team is without Kucherov this year? Not even sniffing a first round exit. Without Vasy were still getting in the playoffs and the only reason it's a back to back 1st round exit is because he shat the bed so bad the team couldn't make up for it.

He's so bad we're asking for an average goalie level performance and thatd be an improvement, that's like saying this team would be better if Kucherov was a 70 point forward :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad