2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I figured that they would play in our last preseason game, but I'm asking if there was some sort of cap related reasoning for sending them down only to then recall them. Mostly because the regular season has now started despite us still playing another preseason game.
No cap reasoning. But some were probably sent down earlier so they could get them through waivers. They and others will go down by the time they need to submit the opening roster on Monday.

The season has only started for the few teams playing their first couple of games in Czechia.

The Blues are sending their B team to Milwaukee so the A team can prepare to fly to Seattle.

Reactions: Davimir Tarablad

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I figured that they would play in our last preseason game, but I'm asking if there was some sort of cap related reasoning for sending them down only to then recall them. Mostly because the regular season has now started despite us still playing another preseason game.
For waiver eligible players, waiving them earlier in camp helps them clear through waivers while other teams are trying to cut down their roster. Less chance they will be claimed. You can recaall them and send them down again within a certain time period without them being subject to waivers on the next send down.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
It makes me feel old seeing these guys start families. Things quickly went from these guys are older, to these guys are my peers, to some of these guys aren't that much older than my young kids.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Hopefully there is a swap coming soon for Tucker (kind of like the Kostin trade a few years back)
It's possible but I think its more likely he stays in the AHL for now. We know he is at the very least a serviceable call up in case of an injury crises on defense. It's not like there would be anything of value coming back in a trade.

Reactions: Majorityof1

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Potential Blues Milestones (playoffs included):

Saad 1000 games & 600 points
currently at 966 games & 554 points

Schenn 1100 games if he plays every game and we make the playoffs & 300 goals
currently at 1016 games & 271 goals

Buchnevich 600 games
currently at 538 games

Thomas 500 games, 100 goals & 300 assists
currently at 442 games, 90 goals & 244 assists

Kyrou 400 games & 300 points
currently at 356 games & 274 points

Neighbours 200 games
currently at 130 games

Toropchenko 200 games played
currently at 192 games

Walker 200 games
currently at 162

Kapanen's next game will be his 500th

Faksa 100 goals
currently at 98 goals

M Joseph 400 games
currently at 371 games
(kinda cool that his name is on the Cup twice)

Texier 100 points
currently at 87 points

--

Parayko 800 games, 300 points
currently at 742 games, 291 points

Faulk 1000 games
currently at 941 games

Leddy 1200 games
currently at 1142

Perunovich 100 games & 1st goal
currently at 80 games & 0 goals

Kessel 100 games
currently at 42 games

P Joseph 200 games
currently at 147

Suter 1,000,000 games
currently at 1578 games

I'm sure I missed a few.

Reactions: taylord22

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I would really like to see Buch and Thomas together to start the Sharks game.

Buch-Thomas-Neighbours
Texier-Holloway-Kyrou
Joseph-Schenn-Bolduc
Walker-Faksa-Torpo

I would also like to see Joseph in for Suter. The more we can avoid having him play back-to-backs the fresher he'll be at the end of the year.
I do like the thought of that 2nd line in concept. There's a lot of speed on it.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I would really like to see Buch and Thomas together to start the Sharks game.

Buch-Thomas-Neighbours
Texier-Holloway-Kyrou
Joseph-Schenn-Bolduc
Walker-Faksa-Torpo

I would also like to see Joseph in for Suter. The more we can avoid having him play back-to-backs the fresher he'll be at the end of the year.

I’d like to give Holloway a nice little run at 2C before we inevitably give up assets to fix that glaring hole on our roster.

If he can’t do it, then we’ll need to make a trade if Army is serious about getting into the playoffs this year. Depending on who we’d target, it could make this lineup much more formidable. I know that spot is eventually Dvorsky’s, but he may need a couple seasons like Thomas before he’s ready for that.

When Saad is back, I’d like to see this:

Neighbours-Thomas-Buchnevich
Saad-Holloway-Kyrou
Texier/Joseph-Schenn-Bolduc
Joseph/Texier-Faksa-Toropchenko

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueMed

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Here's my preferred forward lineup...

buchnevich thomas kyrou
saad holloway bolduc
texier schenn neighbours
joseph faksa toropchenko

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Here's my preferred forward lineup...

buchnevich thomas kyrou
saad holloway bolduc
texier schenn neighbours
joseph faksa toropchenko
I kinda like this. Neighbours should be our 3rd line wrecking ball. He's a good skater, but plods a bit, so Schenn is probably a good fit for Jake. Texier is still a wild horse, so not sure there, but he needs to go somewhere and it's not the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad