2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I figured that they would play in our last preseason game, but I'm asking if there was some sort of cap related reasoning for sending them down only to then recall them. Mostly because the regular season has now started despite us still playing another preseason game.
No cap reasoning. But some were probably sent down earlier so they could get them through waivers. They and others will go down by the time they need to submit the opening roster on Monday.

The season has only started for the few teams playing their first couple of games in Czechia.

The Blues are sending their B team to Milwaukee so the A team can prepare to fly to Seattle.

Reactions: Davimir Tarablad

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I figured that they would play in our last preseason game, but I'm asking if there was some sort of cap related reasoning for sending them down only to then recall them. Mostly because the regular season has now started despite us still playing another preseason game.
For waiver eligible players, waiving them earlier in camp helps them clear through waivers while other teams are trying to cut down their roster. Less chance they will be claimed. You can recaall them and send them down again within a certain time period without them being subject to waivers on the next send down.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If you want to feel old:

Next year Robert Thomas will be the same age that Brayden Schenn was when he was traded to the Blues.
He actually already is. Thomas is 25 and so was Schenn when we acquired him, he just turned 26 two months after the trade.

Yeah, time flies.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
It makes me feel old seeing these guys start families. Things quickly went from these guys are older, to these guys are my peers, to some of these guys aren't that much older than my young kids.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Hopefully there is a swap coming soon for Tucker (kind of like the Kostin trade a few years back)
It's possible but I think its more likely he stays in the AHL for now. We know he is at the very least a serviceable call up in case of an injury crises on defense. It's not like there would be anything of value coming back in a trade.

Reactions: Majorityof1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad