2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
you don't think emberson is the answer?
HFOilers seems to think Emberson is pretty good, but I question their judgment. I've been hovering over (not commenting on) their board, but there are a few solid members over there. It's usually only at late at night when it's calmer. Maybe the per capita thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Ten years ago I would have agreed. But now I’m not so sure. Skinner is decent. But their defense is atrocious. Colorado managed to win a cup with Georgiev. Skinner is just as good as him. But Colorado’s defense is much better.

It was Kuemper, not Georgiev though your point stands. Skinner may be good enough but they might consider a solid 1b just in case. Depth and solid team defense are more important to win a Cup, and teams don't necessarily need an elite goalie to win.

The Oilers surely need help on their back end but if they can get one more legit top 4 guy then I think it could be enough. We just saw a team win with Mikkola as a 4D and the Pens won awhile back with a D corps that looked below average on paper.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It was Kuemper, not Georgiev though your point stands. Skinner may be good enough but they might consider a solid 1b just in case. Depth and solid team defense are more important to win a Cup, and teams don't necessarily need an elite goalie to win.

The Oilers surely need help on their back end but if they can get one more legit top 4 guy then I think it could be enough. We just saw a team win with Mikkola as a 4D and the Pens won awhile back with a D corps that looked below average on paper.
Agreed. Guys like Crosby and McDavid can mask questionable roster construction. Oilers will have room to add a D at deadline; if they get good health luck they should absolutely be one of top contenders this year in spite of us weakening them.

Reactions: Reality Czech

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Puckpedia is a f***ing disaster. I hate the Washington Capitals.

Edit - thank you for mentioning Capwages. So much easier to read. 100% my go-to site now.

Reactions: mjd1001

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Puckpedia is a f***ing disaster. I hate the Washington Capitals.

Edit - thank you for mentioning Capwages. So much easier to read. 100% my go-to site now.
Thank you! I found CapWages a few weeks ago, but then forgot what it was called and couldn't find it again. The layout is much better than PP.

Reactions: BadgersandBlues

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Prospect named Snuggles should go with 84 or 88, leave your college number behind and come into the pro ranks with a new one. But still in the 80's because everyone knows that was the best decade. Just pick a year man....you can't go wrong.

Reactions: jura and tfriede2

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Does Holloway play a similar game as Neighbors?
Similar as in physicality/grit, yes. He was by far Edmonton’s most physical player in their Cup run. In their 25 playoff games, he had 86 hits which was 20-30 more than their next closest players.

There are differences though. Holloway is a lot faster and I’d say better defensively currently, and Neighbours is the better net-front presence. But they both play a heavier style of game for sure, you’ll like him.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Similar as in physicality/grit, yes. He was by far Edmonton’s most physical player in their Cup run. In their 25 playoff games, he had 86 hits which was 20-30 more than their next closest players.

There are differences though. Holloway is a lot faster and I’d say better defensively currently, and Neighbours is the better net-front presence. But they both play a heavier style of game for sure, you’ll like him.

Somebody said Faksa is fast and physical too. Army is putting together a bigger, more physical team, 2 way team.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Does Holloway play a similar game as Neighbors?

No. Holloway is more versatile. More of a jack-of-all trades, master of none so far. He can crash the net, he can play off the rush, he can play on the cycle, he can be a play maker or sniper. All those skills are plus skills, but none is +++. So when he finds success, he is mixing it up a lot more than just doing one thing really well like Neighbours.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Not fast. He is on the slower side. Not glacial, but slow. He is physical and hits.
No, sir. Faksa has certainly lost a step, but he is still fast. That means he used to be really fast. Now he's just fast. Sorry to get all technical on ya. He is still fast and still physical.

No. Holloway is more versatile. More of a jack-of-all trades, master of none so far. He can crash the net, he can play off the rush, he can play on the cycle, he can be a play maker or sniper. All those skills are plus skills, but none is +++. So when he finds success, he is mixing it up a lot more than just doing one thing really well like Neighbours.
I agree with this. Holly is versatile and sort of an unknown quality, for the the Blues. Not Neighbours-like at all. More like Saad with a couple more bits to his Swiss Army knife.

Reactions: Mike Liut

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Not fast. He is on the slower side. Not glacial, but slow. He is physical and hits.
Slow compared to Kyrou? Sure. Most players are.

Slow compared to Schenn or Sunny? Not even remotely. Even having lost a step he's still got average or slightly above average speed.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Slow compared to Kyrou? Sure. Most players are.

Slow compared to Schenn or Sunny? Not even remotely. Even having lost a step he's still got average or slightly above average speed.
I'd say low-end of average to a bit below-average for an NHL player. But maybe that is because he is bigger and looks a bit awkward. Plus he was on the stars who have a lot of speedsters. But I can't ever remember him out skating someone for a breakaway or loose puck. Google Faksa breakaway and enjoy the zero highlight clips.

Even slightly above average you wouldn't describe him as fast. Being faster than Sunqvist just means you move forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad