2024/2025 Around the League

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Foligno is a 36 yo 4th liner and Terevainen is a lower end 2nd liner.

I say he's playing with hot garbage, yes. Also they have no one to drive offense from the backend. Michkov is surrounded by a much better team.

Chicago tanked to a dangerously low level, they might have a hard time to get out of there long term even with Bedard.
Do you realize how bad the Flyers are? They're not exactly a loaded roster. Michkov is also being centered by a guy in Couturier who is dangerously close to being a 4th liner himself at this point.

They aren't in drastically different situations.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Roy said he finally realized after leaving Colorado that you can only do one: coach or GM.

If he wanted to make personnel decisions he should have held out for a GM role.
Yeah and I think he's honestly right about it to. The jobs are different. The HC is all about winning every single day. The GM is about ensuring the long-term health of the organiztion. These two things can be in conflict with each other.

However, I don't think for a minute that Roy has given up on being a GM. I would not be surprised if he's Lou's replacement on Long Island.

Reactions: Balthazar

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I watched the Oilers and Wings game and Detroit is one of those clubs who outplay their opponents but don't have the talent to make a difference. They should have been up 4-1 at the end of the first period yet lose the game. Edmonton looks awful though, absolutely no defensive structure that made them make the Cup finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad