2024/2025 Around the League

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Riley Tufte is on waivers. It's time to bring home the prodigal son.
Claiming a forward would make sense, but that might be tricky whilst carrying 3 goalies and 8 Dmen. Kahkonen going on an AHL conditioning stint opens up a roster spot, but that is only temporary.

Edit: Forgot that Ritchie has been sent back so that opens up a roster spot to make a waiver claim.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He's been terrible for a long, long time now.

kqCaOWT.jpeg
Some pretty interesting stuff on 32 thoughts today regarding EP40. Apparently, the management (and coaching staff) have basically instructed the leadership group (Hughes, JT Miller at least) to "toughen him up", because they want more out of EP40. So instead of the management sewering him publicly, they want teammates to put some peer pressure on him. Which is probably what lead to the small altercation at practice earlier this week between JT Miller and EP40.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Some pretty interesting stuff on 32 thoughts today regarding EP40. Apparently, the management (and coaching staff) have basically instructed the leadership group (Hughes, JT Miller at least) to "toughen him up", because they want more out of EP40. So instead of the management sewering him publicly, they want teammates to put some peer pressure on him. Which is probably what lead to the small altercation at practice earlier this week between JT Miller and EP40.

Dudes gonna be asking for a trade by Christmas.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Claiming a forward would make sense, but that might be tricky whilst carrying 3 goalies and 8 Dmen. Kahkonen going on an AHL conditioning stint opens up a roster spot, but that is only temporary.
Nah, calling up Polin would be a better idea than claiming Tufte. Tufte brought NOTHING to the table at the NHL level.

If they're really worried about depth then they should consider a trade of some kind. But I'm guessing with Nuke just a few weeks out they'll just ride it out with internal solutions.

That ain't the way to get to Pettersson, it CERTAINLY isn't if they're sending Miller over there, pretty clear those two don't like each other.

Kind of surprising that Tocchet would do something like that, he appears to take a more individualized approach to his players, it's the one thing he's really good at as a coach.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That ain't the way to get to Pettersson, it CERTAINLY isn't if they're sending Miller over there, pretty clear those two don't like each other.

Kind of surprising that Tocchet would do something like that, he appears to take a more individualized approach to his players, it's the one thing he's really good at as a coach.
I think EP40 and JT Miller have already previously stated in some interviews that they don't really care for eachother but can work together :laugh:

And from what I got out of it is that this is coming more out from Alvin and Rutherford than Tocchet. Because the latter doesn't really hold back, he's pretty openly chewing up guys in the scrums if things are not going well.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Okay, I can see why Berube was so pissed after that third goal. They're just totally checked out on that one.

I find it strange that even after all this time the Leafs are so bad at puck support. And it's really weird considering they have two guys in Matthews and Marner who have earned all kinds of accolades and praise for their two-way play. But way too often I see Marner just kinda lollygaggin' on coverage.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Okay, I can see why Berube was so pissed after that third goal. They're just totally checked out on that one.

I find it strange that even after all this time the Leafs are so bad at puck support. And it's really weird considering they have two guys in Matthews and Marner who have earned all kinds of accolades and praise for their two-way play. But way too often I see Marner just kinda lollygaggin' on coverage.
I think a big reason they get those accolades is the takeaways/stick lifts, when defensive play is so much more than that.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think a big reason they get those accolades is the takeaways/stick lifts, when defensive play is so much more than that.
More like sometimes advanced stats are not telling the truth.

I think EP40 and JT Miller have already previously stated in some interviews that they don't really care for eachother but can work together :laugh:

And from what I got out of it is that this is coming more out from Alvin and Rutherford than Tocchet. Because the latter doesn't really hold back, he's pretty openly chewing up guys in the scrums if things are not going well.
As much as @henchman21 is convinced that he's just streaky and everything is normal, I don't believe that a bad streak is 30 games long and spread over 2 seasons.

He's pouting because Miller took "his" 1C spot, that's more than likely what's happening.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
As much as @henchman21 is convinced that he's just streaky and everything is normal, I don't believe that a bad streak is 30 games long and spread over 2 seasons.
A 11.6M dollar player on the first year of his contract, in his prime, can't have a "slump". He can have a quiet game or two, but that's it. Even if you are willing to give players a bit more leeway, it's still not 30 games over 60 calendar months.

At that price, you are expected to perform pretty much every game. And even if you play like shit, players of this paygrade still usually manage to contribute somehow (looking at you here, Mikko Rantanen).

If I was a Canucks fan (or part of the management), I would be deeply concerned.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad