2024/2025 Around the League

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I hate that hit. Absolutely hate it. Drops his head, Trouba sees it, targets him high, elbow hits him square in the face.

Screenshot_20241022_202439_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: McMetal

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I hate that hit. Absolutely hate it. Drops his head, Trouba sees it, targets him high, elbow hits him square in the face.

View attachment 920231
I didn't mean to imply that I liked the hit. But seriously...how many times do you have to tell people not to skate with their head down....especially during a zone entry. AND with Trouba on the ice. Players HAVE to have some responsibility for their own safety as well.

It's akin to crossing the redline with your head down and Scott Sevens on the ice. There are just things that should never, ever be done. I'm not sure how dirty the hit was, didn't really watch a lot of replays but Trouba doesn't get much benefit of the doubt from me. He's known predator who routinely crosses the line and gets off scott-free by Parros.

Last edited:
Reactions: McMetal

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah, I get that Barron has to be more careful there but that is a full-on predatory hit from Trouba. Dirtiest player in hockey AINEC.
I've gone past that TBH. It's a legal hit, and until we actually do something about it, might as well stop crying about it.

And that something is banning open ice hits entirely. Can't pick and choose with this one, the only way to get rid of these Trouba style hits is to ban open ice hits altogether. So people should be ready for that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I've gone past that TBH. It's a legal hit, and until we actually do something about it, might as well stop crying about it.

And that something is banning open ice hits entirely. Can't pick and choose with this one, the only way to get rid of these Trouba style hits is to ban open ice hits altogether. So people should be ready for that.
It’s clear targeting, I would hope the league takes a look at it but I know they won’t.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So what are the Kings trying to accomplish this year? They clearly bailed on the very costly Dubois trade so, they did that, kept the interim guy behind the bench for another year, and…are just content to ride this year out?

I fully expect Blake to resign sometime between now and summer 2025 and I’m guessing Bergevin takes over. And that’ll be hilarious.

There’s also Futa but if he doesn’t get the nod at that point, he’ll never get it.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
See Cale lead the league in points and almost double the next closest defender is insane. Even when not playing his best, he's in another league compared to most others in his position.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I fully expect Blake to resign sometime between now and summer 2025 and I’m guessing Bergevin takes over. And that’ll be hilarious.
I don't know about hilarious but at least Bergevin is entertaining with his suits and all.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They turned down way better offers for Laine and accepted Montreal's offer just because they were the only team not asking for retention. They even paid a 2nd to make the Laine/Harris swap.

Ownership would rather have a shittier team and 8.7M than less money and a better team. They are doomed.
It’s not like they were gonna get much for extremely damaged goods. That was always going to be a salary dump, no matter how much posturing Waddell did beforehand.

I dunno why you of all people are complaining. They’re FINALLY outright tanking and you’re blasting them for it!?

I don't know about hilarious but at least Bergevin is entertaining with his suits and all.
Oh totally, he’ll be in heaven sporting his custom suits and shades every night at Scam Dot Com Arena.

A Habs fan friend pointed out that the Kings dealt out good money to bring in the beached whale on skates, Joel Edmundson, so it’s possible Bergevin is already in charge.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I guess I'm in the minority but I had no issue with the hit Trouba threw. If you freeze-frame almost all open ice hits you can see head contact being made.

Trouba doesn't explode upward, doesn't leave his feet, tucks his elbow. Do we want him to just give Barron a bit of a shove on that play?

The onus there is 100% on Barron.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Head down admiring his pass while Trouba is on YOUR side of the ice. I swear do these kids no longer learn not to do that? My coach cussed me out so bad when I was freakin 12 for admiring a pass with no opposition around me lol
I was about to write the same thing. I don't understand how you can be 1v1 with Trouba of all players and have your guard down so much. Barron takes the L on this one.

It’s clear targeting
He's clearly targeting to the wreck the bloke, but he isn't "targeting" the head on purpose.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Based on what? Like I said, there is no cleaner way to make an open ice hit.
Oh sure there is. Go look at the highlights of the Jax/Leafs game tonight. Can’t remember who laid the hit but it was near the end of the game and Reaves got all bent outta shape about it, but it was clean. You can hit a guy hard without trying to kill him.

Trouba goes out of his way to injure players. That hit tonight was a prime example. And it was shitty defense to boot. He’s so committed to the hit he ignores everything else and practically throws himself at Barron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad