2024/2025 Around the League

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Buffalo is the same team every year.
Actually it feels like they’re quite different than the previous two season, it’s the result is the same.

Under Granato they couldn’t defend to save their lives and their possession metrics were shit. Under Lindy, they’ve been driving play and generating shots like crazy, but now they can’t f***ing score. At all. They lost a couple talented scorers and decided not to replace them, so that may have been a mistake.

Was looking at the stats, the 2nd line of Kulich-Cozens-Quinn got KILLED at even strength on a night when the Sabres were 58% CF on the night and only played, like, 8 minutes. The top line of Tuch-TNT-ZB had the puck the whole time they were on the ice, but simply could not score. Only tally Buffalo got was a SHG from Tuch.

And this is KUEMPER we’re talking about.

I mean, just look at that lineup. It’s not bad, there’s talent there, but there’s not a legit scoring winger in there. Two-way guys and defensive grinders, sure. But not one sniper. That might end up being what (maybe rightfully) costs Adams his job.

In case anyone was curious, Byram played 15 minutes and posted a 55.17% shot share.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

zZ5vwiv.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Actually it feels like they’re quite different than the previous two season, it’s the result is the same.

Under Granato they couldn’t defend to save their lives and their possession metrics were shit. Under Lindy, they’ve been driving play and generating shots like crazy, but now they can’t f***ing score. At all. They lost a couple talented scorers and decided not to replace them, so that may have been a mistake.

Was looking at the stats, the 2nd line of Kulich-Cozens-Quinn got KILLED at even strength on a night when the Sabres were 58% CF on the night and only played, like, 8 minutes. The top line of Tuch-TNT-ZB had the puck the whole time they were on the ice, but simply could not score. Only tally Buffalo got was a SHG from Tuch.

I mean, just look at that lineup. It’s not bad, there’s talent there, but there’s not a legit scoring winger in there. Two-way guys and defensive grinders, sure. But not one sniper. That might end up being what (maybe rightfully) costs Adams his job.

In case anyone was curious, Byram played 15 minutes and posted a 55.17% shot share.
Jack Quinn is a young goal scorer who unfortunately got hurt and missed most of last year. Benson is gonna be legit top 6 winger real soon and Tuch is in the Nuke mold (minus the cocaine). I'm not worried about their top 6 one bit.

They even have another top 6er, Ostlund, in the AHL right now who could probably play in the NHL as soon as this season.

Sabres are stacked everywhere. They just need to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Reactions: Alienblood

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jack Quinn is a young goal scorer who unfortunately got hurt and missed most of last year. Benson is gonna be legit top 6 winger real soon and Tuch is in the Nuke mold. I'm not worried about their top 6 one bit.
Yeah I like Quinn, I don’t know much about Benson but he looks legit. Just seems a tad foolish to me that they’re putting the onus on those guys at such a young age when they’re clearly trying to win NOW.

I mean, we’ll see. They got time yet, but as Friedman said on 32 Thoughts, this was the team that could least afford a bad start.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah I like Quinn, I don’t know much about Benson but he looks legit. Just seems a tad foolish to me that they’re putting the onus on those guys at such a young age when they’re clearly trying to win NOW.

I mean, we’ll see. They got time yet, but as Friedman said on 32 Thoughts, this was the team that could least afford a bad start.
They have so many high end young pieces at all positions, it will be a hockey crime if they don't have enough patience to let that group gel together (and yes I know that they can't afford to be patient).

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Celebrini looks VERY good
More importantly hes exciting. ....4-1 Sharks after a mazzsive stop by Blackwood on Kyrou. Thats a for sure goal against 5giev

They have so many high end young pieces at all positions, it will be a hockey crime if they don't have enough patience to let that group gel together (and yes I know that they can't afford to be patient).
Hopefully the Avs can pick up any crumbs from any fallout.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

They've built the top six so the centers are the goal scorers rather than the make-everyone-better playmakers/drivers.

Interesting build. IMO they should have tried moving Cozens over Mittelstadt.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Straight up if Joel Hofer is starting I would inquire about Binnington.

Sure, he's a racist POS but he might help us win and that's what I want. Mfers.
Binnington would only be available because he sucks. Aside from the one-off fluke wonder season he has been nothing but mid his whole career.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Binnington would only be available because he sucks. Aside from the one-off fluke wonder season he has been nothing but mid his whole career.
Much as I hate to admit it he was actually pretty good last year. He is by NO means a franchise goalie but he rebounded a bit (no pun intended).

But fuuuuuuuck any notion of bringing him to Colorado. And it would never happen anyway, Armstrong will deal him anywhere else, but no way does he hand Binner to the Avs.

Funny about the Blues. I always thought the two COVID years would lead to weird fluke results but it was actually the year before all that went down that I saw the craziest and most unlikely fluke championship run I’ve ever seen in any sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad