2024/2025 Around the League

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That rebound on Mitts' goal
Exactly, but that right there is adequate goaltending, which is what the Avs need at the very least to contend. Whatever was going on at the other end, not even close. Doesn't need to be great. Just sufficient.

I wonder if this is the year that costs Jussi Parkkila his job. I don't think it should...but it might.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Exactly, but that right there is adequate goaltending, which is what the Avs need at the very least to contend. Whatever was going on at the other end, not even close. Doesn't need to be great. Just sufficient.

I wonder if this is the year that costs Jussi Parkkila his job. I don't think it should...but it might.
Hey, if he's pounding the table for Georgiev and thinking he can fix him then it absolutely should cost him a job. That's just negligent if it was the case.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hey, if he's pounding the table for Georgiev and thinking he can fix him then it absolutely should cost him a job. That's just negligent if it was the case.
I'm not sure what Jussi's level of influence is with the front office, I don't think this is the same situation that existed with Allaire asking the Avs to go out and get Reto Berra.

I would imagine if he were pounding the table to get a guy it'd be the one currently in Long Island who got him the job in the first place.

Reactions: dahrougem2

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I see Markstrom has improved the Devils goaltending :sarcasm:

3 goals on 8 shots. That’s worse than Georgiev

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Is this one of those things that sounds a lot better in the native language? @Freudian @Hennessy

Because in English it's one of the strangest analogies I've heard. :DD
I never heard it before but I don't think it's a strange analogy. I posted a gif to show what he meant in case it wasn't clear.

I see Markstrom has improved the Devils goaltending :sarcasm:

3 goals on 8 shots. That’s worse than Georgiev
NBPfwW3.png
:sarcasm:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
How many of y'all would trade Wood and Georgiev ($5.9m combined) for Kuemper ($5m + $900k for Wood's replacement)?

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Teams are happier to throw big money at goaltenders after Bobs playoffs, BUT this will definitely bite some teams ***. Goaltenders are voodoo in the end.

I wouldn't want to spend big money on one unless I knew they were the best. Too much voodoo with them. One season great, another ****. The top players will perform every season, like MacK/Makar/Rants. It's more guaranteed performance than voodoo goalies.

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Teams are happier to throw big money at goaltenders after Bobs playoffs, BUT this will definitely bite some teams ***. Goaltenders are voodoo in the end.

I wouldn't want to spend big money on one unless I knew they were the best. Too much voodoo with them. One season great, another ****. The top players will perform every season, like MacK/Makar/Rants. It's more guaranteed performance than voodoo goalies.
I think 5 mill is the max Avs should spend on goaltending. We’ll see what they do next year when Georgiev is gone. Or god forbid CMac re-signs him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad