2024/2025 Around the League

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Goncalves is definitely an interesting name in that group. Scores like crazy in the AHL, but hasn't gotten a real chance in the big show yet. And he's from the Tampa system, if their scouts liked him that's a point in his favor. Ylonen is another name that jumped out, although that may just be leftover from his draft year when I really liked him.

Basically anything to inject a little more skill into the forward group, the 4th line does not whelm me at all.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Considering the lack of center depth and their love history with 1st round picks I wonder if the Avs could be tempted.

fybJVDB.png

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Does anyone here know if they even play hockey in Portugal?
Yeah, apparently an IIHF member since 1999, but only competing in the Development Cup.

Yes… but people of Portuguese decent are everywhere because they were really good at the whole colonization thing.
Won the Corsi.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Considering the lack of center depth and their love history with 1st round picks I wonder if the Avs could be tempted.

fybJVDB.png

Suzuki is in the JL Foudy category. Both had offensive instincts that got them drafted, but their play away from the puck is severely lacking. Suzuki was a disaster when I watched him in junior. He was sort of worth it to be a late first (I saw him more as a second-rounder personally), but he was one of the most notorious cherry-picking players I have ever seen. A team lacking offensive depth might take a gamble on him, but I see him as a player who doesn't play a defensive game and his offence in juniors simply can't translate or beat out already superiorly talented, established NHL forwards.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, apparently an IIHF member since 1999, but only competing in the Development Cup.
There's a big difference between being an actual full member and an affiliated member. For example, Sweden is an actual member, but Kenya/Bahrain got approved last week by the IIHF are affiliated members. I would think Portugal is an affiliated member due to a lack of ice rinks.

Reactions: UncleRisto

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
They made the DNA that makes Evan Rodriguez so handsome.

*Rodrigues

Portuguese spelling.

NHLers with either one or both parents being Portuguese:

John Tavares
Drew Doughty
Adam Henrique
Dylan DeMelo
Evan Rodrigues

Mike Ribeiro and Raffi Torres were the pioneers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad