2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Kind of odd for top prospects to be traded so quickly after being drafted, no? What’s going on here?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kind of odd for top prospects to be traded so quickly after being drafted, no? What’s going on here?
McGroarty didn't want to sign with the Jets because he wanted a guaranteed spot in the lineup. He should be ready to step in, but Winnipeg really loves to drag their prospects through the AHL. Penguins needed a young player that can step in right away.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

The McGroarty thing is well-publicized, he wanted a clear path to the NHL and Winnipeg said no. No idea about Yager, just guessing he's just the price of doing business.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No idea about Yager, just guessing he's just the price of doing business.
They didn't sign Yager as fast due to issues with bonuses, but it was still very weird to see. There are also some reports that the new scouting regime didn't fancy him as much as the bloke we just hired as our head scout did.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
At least they didn’t bring ROR and let him drive.
toonces-fast-drive.gif

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Si how does Matty Beniers contract compare to what mittelstdt just got… 7.5-8.0 ?
On a long term?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Si how does Matty Beniers contract compare to what mittelstdt just got… 7.5-8.0 ?
On a long term?
They have nothing in common so you can't compare them. Two completely different situations.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
No. You Discuss.

@RockLobster Am I doing this right?
I've never been more proud of anything in my life...and I've got Harrison to sing "Monkberry Moon Delight" and "Junior's Farm" by Paul McCartney and "Get Back" by The Beatles; additionally I've gotten him hooked on the following exchange: "Who's Daddy's best friend?" "...HARRISON!" "That's right! And who's Harrison's best friend?" "...DADDY!!!!"

Well done, Expat!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am not one to usually complain about secondary stuff, but EP changed their word font or unbolded something, which is a legit eye-sore for me. I wonder if they put the good word font behind a paywall?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Some people don't want to count those best-of-five play-in series as "real series".
By some people you mean the league? It was a best of 5 qualifying round.

I didn't know "some people" counted that as real series. They really shouldn't.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Torts era Jackets were a good team. They shouldn't have waited til the final season of Bob and Bread to push the chips into the middle. Since Torts, the wheels have fallen off.

Reactions: LOFIN

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Torts era Jackets were a good team. They shouldn't have waited til the final season of Bob and Bread to push the chips into the middle. Since Torts, the wheels have fallen off.
They turned down way better offers for Laine and accepted Montreal's offer just because they were the only team not asking for retention. They even paid a 2nd to make the Laine/Harris swap.

Ownership would rather have a shittier team and 8.7M than less money and a better team. They are doomed.

Reactions: Chiarelli

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They turned down way better offers for Laine and accepted Montreal's offer just because they were the only team not asking for retention. They even paid a 2nd to make the Laine/Harris swap.

Ownership would rather have a shitter team and the 8.7M than less money and a better team. They are doomed.
They are a budget team, making budget moves happens. We're going to see a very clear difference in what that means with the same overall front office and team... with the Arizona to Utah move. They just move to an owner who's willing to spend whatever it takes.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Ownership would rather have a shitter team and 8.7M than less money and a better team. They are doomed.
This is the case pretty much everywhere. Look at what happened with Erik Karlson and San Jose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad