2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yzerman's rebuild is going to fail because he didn't get a chance to draft a real 1C the year he bottomed out.
He made up for it by signing Copp and Compher to play 2C/3C. :rolleyes:

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
iybzsl64utkd1.jpeg

ezkwq3sti2ld1.jpeg

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Still throws me off whenever him and Pierre-Luc Dubois speak, my American mind just automatically assumes they both should have super-thick Quebecois accents.
PLD is a Quebecer but Brossoit is from BC and is 100% anglophone.

Reactions: Alienblood

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
PLD is a Quebecer but Brossoit is from BC and is 100% anglophone.
I kinda figured Brossoit was not Quebecois, kinda the same weird situation that Rene Bourque has. I knew Dubois was from QC, hence the push to get him to Montreal (well, there used to be one, it's gone now).

Still pretty funny that Eric Lacroix said he came up to Jean-Luc Foudy and started speaking French to him and Foudy just looked at him confused. :laugh:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Detroit hasnt iced any of their recent top prospects yet (Edvisson, Costa, Kasper etc etc.) so its a bit early to say the yzerplan has failed.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Detroit hasnt iced any of their recent top prospects yet (Edvisson, Costa, Kasper etc etc.) so its a bit early to say the yzerplan has failed.
I never said it failed but it's fair to criticize the path he's taken. It's unconventional to say the least but even then I still think he's made some questionable moves.

And again, there is still a very serious disconnect between GM and coach. You can tell by the way Lalonde insists on using Moritz Seider despite Yzerman's efforts to acquire veteran defensive talent.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I kinda figured Brossoit was not Quebecois, kinda the same weird situation that Rene Bourque has. I knew Dubois was from QC, hence the push to get him to Montreal (well, there used to be one, it's gone now).

Still pretty funny that Eric Lacroix said he came up to Jean-Luc Foudy and started speaking French to him and Foudy just looked at him confused. :laugh:
Canada Poke !

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So Demko is hurt, Silovs is hurt. And goaltending coach Ian Clark has been moved to a different position within the organization. According to Seravalli, because "there have been disagreements with the amount of work he puts through his goalies at practice" 👀

Reactions: Balthazar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So Demko is hurt, Silovs is hurt. And goaltending coach Ian Clark has been moved to a different position within the organization. According to Seravalli, because "there have been disagreements with the amount of work he puts through his goalies at practice" 👀

There is probably only one or two coaches in NHL history that have produced better than Ian Clark. Any front office questioning his tactics should STFU.

• Wow
Reactions: Balthazar

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There is probably only one or two coaches in NHL history that have produced better than Ian Clark. Any front office questioning his tactics should STFU.
I mean Babcock also was one of the more decorated head coaches, until people found out his tactics f***ing sucked.

What good is a goalie, who is not available to play?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I mean Babcock also was one of the more decorated head coaches, until people found out his tactics f***ing sucked.

Reminds me on the Habs last year who fired their whole medical staff because the players were getting injured too much.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

If Babcock would have won in Toronto, the whole tactics thing would have never bubbled to the surface. Results matter quite a bit, and Clark's results are incredibly impressive.

His prior goalies have not had massive injury issues, and Siliovs having some issues in the summer really isn't on Clark.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad