Prospect Info: 2024 18th Overall - Sacha Boisvert

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Is grit/sedge an intangible?

Is piwrr an intangible?
Is a 200ft game an intangible?

Hagevis a more creative and dynamic type Center..but we already have that in Bedard.

Sascha is bigger,stronger,more powerful..quintessial power Center with grit..batykescto regain pucksvin thecorners and along the biardsabd at the net front..butcakso a very goid shot..Notcas dynamic carrying pucks aroubd guys.. but more power goubg through guys..

I do not think it is intangibles but rather sizexand style difference ..The Hawks need a type luke A Toews,a Barkov or Kopitar style C ...not a fancy dan dynamic type that we already have in Bedard.

You need both types for a balanced complete top six ..Fancy types get leaned on by tge bigger teams..gotta do sone leaning back ..so that is Boisvert..we did not have this type of Center projected asxa top six .

Moore will be competing with Ludwibski for 3C or Moorewill play wing..Both 200ft types but not going to outmuscle or be gritty enough to be the power 2C we need...

Hence KD realized he needed Bisvert .

That he spent draft capital to mivevup 2 spots from 20 to 18 to get him may have been unnecessary ..He probabkly woukd still be there at #20 ..

Of Hawkschad not traded with NYI then woukd still have had #34and#54 .. which might have been offered to Toronto for #23 and might have been looked at as better than #31and#58 which Toronto accepted from Anaheim who took Stian Solberg at #23.If TORONTO wanted more we could have also given tgevpick we used onPridham or Svensson..
I am not sure Vanacker will have a better or more impactful NHL career that Solberg will.

I know we are more deep in thebpupelinecat LD..but itvdepends if Kk pans out or busts..Solbergvat least isa defensive walk and so intuitively advanced defensively.If hecwas 2LD behindxVlasiccasx1LD,Hawkscwoukdvhave ensure defensive competence on ourvleftvd side d-pairibgs ..
Kk has a lot to improve on tobe defensiveky reliable and tough to pkayvagaibst..He will have to also show more offensivevimoact..Failures in either offense or defense will mean KK is not any solution hoped for.

So a lot rides with KK to prove he can make a big difference either offensively or defensiveky or hopefully in both areas.
If he fails then the opportunity costvof not hoping hard to get Solberg is goibg to look bad ..Or Vanacker must make a big difference to justify all the draft capital and opportunity cost we gave up when we had a chance forx a 2LD solution.

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
Boisvert is more likely to bust imo. I don’t think it’s accurate at all to say that the Hawks went with the safer choice. They’re simply gambling on intangibles Boisvert brings.

Well some scouts feel that way. Not my opinion.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Coming to another fandom's team board to announce that you think your team's (later) picks are better (fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, who knows what the right picks are at this stage...) and then following it up with "trust me, bro" scouting insight is bad form, fyi
Typical Habs fan. They have had “the steal of the draft” each of the past 20 years according to them in case you didn’t know.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I am going to be honest: I don’t watch all videos on all the prospects in just the first round. Already have a job. That being said, I do like our picks and the analysts do too. That gives me some comfort even when each of us had our faves.

I really watch them once we draft them or if they are draft eligible and play collegiately.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
They really "fleeced us" when they gave us Nazar and Hayes for the legend Kirby 'tissue paper' Dach

I mean I like Nazar but he hasn't done anything in the NHL yet. As of right now, MTL got the best player in that deal. Hopefully in 3-4 years Nazar will be the best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad