Prospect Info: 2024 18th Overall - Sacha Boisvert

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I consider this to be more of "puff" piece from the Athletic. I did find it interesting that the GM of Muskegon is Jim McGroarty, Rutger's dad.

McGroarty, whose son Rutger was picked No. 14 by the Jets in the 2022 NHL Draft, believes Boisvert should go in the same range — and maybe even higher.

“I’ve been watching this for a long time and being a dad, coach and GM going through this, I think people are nuts if he doesn’t go top 10,” McGroarty said. “He has every intangible that you need to have as a hockey player. He has made Muskegon better and he’s just a winner

Of course, McGroarty is going to be biased.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Better than watching highlights which offers little into a players complete game.

Thanks for sharing this, it most certainly provides a glimpse of what the hawks see he could be, its a good thing that he goes to ND, the terrific program there will do this kid huge things. Lots to like as he fills out and matures in all aspects of hockey and non hockey growth.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Being pissed is for draft night. Hope this kid (and the others) do very well
It's absurd to ever be pissed off about draft picks. There's not a single poster here who has watched these players more than the Blackhawks scouting department, or has more ability to evaluate talent. Some of the posters who get the most hysterical, don't even know how to properly evaluate skating, and have never played the game.

Having strong opinions about 17 and 18 year old kids and what they will be in the future is the weirdest f***ing thing ever.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Reading how our scouting saw Lev makes me more comfortable. They think he is not even close to getting to his potential which is pretty comforting. Wonder if he and Rinzel sign next year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Reading how our scouting saw Lev makes me more comfortable. They think he is not even close to getting to his potential which is pretty comforting. Wonder if he and Rinzel sign next year.
I'd imagine Lev signs this year.

Rinzel will depend on the season he has.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
It's absurd to ever be pissed off about draft picks. There's not a single poster here who has watched these players more than the Blackhawks scouting department, or has more ability to evaluate talent. Some of the posters who get the most hysterical, don't even know how to properly evaluate skating, and have never played the game.

Having strong opinions about 17 and 18 year old kids and what they will be in the future is the weirdest f***ing thing ever.
Pez, I agree that posters should not be pissed off about draft picks. But having strong opinions about draftees and prospects is not the weidest thing ever. After all, this is a message board with a forum titled NHL Draft-Prospects. Now I respect your opinion. And it's not in the sense of "With all due respect".

But I have to ask is some posters having these strong opinions any worse than posters having strong opinions on draftees and prospects that they have not seen or watched cursory highlights or read some POS blogger? I think not.

There are about a dozen posters here that take the time to drill down on the draft. I don't always agree with them and I suspect they don't always agree with me. I won't attempt to name them for fear of leaving someone off but they range from beautiful Colorado to Vermont. Probably from sea to f***ing shining sea.

In short order, we'll list top Hawk prospects. I suspect some people will vote without ever seeing any tape on the players. Is that any worse than having strong opinions on the draft? But hey, to each his/her own.

I'll close with this- my banner has "I'm taking the high road moving forward". Now that was some bullshit that @justinfieldsisbest posted. I keep it there to try to and be a better poster even if I fail all too often.

With all due respect. It's in the Geneva Convention.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pez, I agree that posters should not be pissed off about draft picks. But having strong opinions about draftees and prospects is not the weidest thing ever. After all, this is a message board with a forum titled NHL Draft-Prospects. Now I respect your opinion. And it's not in the sense of "With all due respect".

But I have to ask is some posters having these strong opinions any worse than posters having strong opinions on draftees and prospects that they have not seen or watched cursory highlights or read some POS blogger? I think not.

There are about a dozen posters here that take the time to drill down on the draft. I don't always agree with them and I suspect they don't always agree with me. I won't attempt to name them for fear of leaving someone off but they range from beautiful Colorado to Vermont. Probably from sea to f***ing shining sea.

In short order, we'll list top Hawk prospects. I suspect some people will vote without ever seeing any tape on the players. Is that any worse than having strong opinions on the draft? But hey, to each his/her own.

I'll close with this- my banner has "I'm taking the high road moving forward". Now that was some bullshit that @justinfieldsisbest posted. I keep it there to try to and be a better poster even it I fail all too often.

I know you actually watch these players, and I value your opinions on prospects. I'm talking about posters that lose their f***ing minds when someone is drafted where they think one of "their players" should be. Posters that get emotional about the draft. Posters that talk shit about teenagers because they get drafted in a spot they don't think they should be drafted.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
What is everyone freaking out so much about, (ok, it's mostly just Musto and his constant need to make every Draft all about him and his own idiosyncratic rankings). He was 22nd on the McKenzie List, and the Hawks took him 18th, that's well within the normal range. Hopefully he works out, I'll look forward to following him at North Dakota.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO

I'll close with this- my banner has "I'm taking the high road moving forward". Now that was some bullshit that @justinfieldsisbest posted. I keep it there to try to and be a better poster even if I fail all too often.

It's just the internets, it's not that serious.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
What is everyone freaking out so much about, (ok, it's mostly just Musto and his constant need to make every Draft all about him and his own idiosyncratic rankings). He was 22nd on the McKenzie List, and the Hawks took him 18th, that's well within the normal range. Hopefully he works out, I'll look forward to following him at North Dakota.
I think they could have gotten Boisvert and Vanacker at 20 and 34 respectively.

It feels like they punted on 2 picks for no reason whatsoever.

Also, I feel like Boisvert and Vanacker are high floor low ceiling prospects and if you know my opinion on prospects I'm one that if you're not drafting in the top 5, where you're getting sky high ceiling and higher certainty, ceiling>>>
I'd rather swing for the fences and strike out a few more times, because the HRs are worth it.

I'm not super mad they took this kid, but i would have preferred Hage because I think his ceiling is higher.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

I get people having opinions on prospects, and who teams pick up where. It's a part of why we're here.

It's the guys here who legitimately seem to think they know more than NHL scouts and GM's that I find hysterical.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I’ve seen Boisvert live several times (5-6 probably)

If he hits people are gonna love this kid.

His skating has gotten so much better since last season. Wouldn’t shock me if he ends up an above average nhl skater after his time at ND.

2C two way upside with a 3C floor. He plays with an edge too. I think he brings something our current forward pool lacks.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I know you actually watch these players, and I value your opinions on prospects. I'm talking about posters that lose their f***ing minds when someone is drafted where they think one of "their players" should be. Posters that get emotional about the draft. Posters that talk shit about teenagers because they get drafted in a spot they don't think they should be drafted.
Actually watching players is important but evaluating skills matter too.
Musto watched Strome 100’s of times and considered him “generational” He also watched Ian Mitchell and considered him a top pairing guy.
That lack of evalusting stands out with every post. Insiders and people in the know are praising the kid. Musto and BWC hate him. That is telling.
Also Musto trying to say he’s a bad skater (make up a lie to make himself look right).

The fact they hate this pick gives me hope.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I’ve seen Boisvert live several times (5-6 probably)

If he hits people are gonna love this kid.

His skating has gotten so much better since last season. Wouldn’t shock me if he ends up an above average nhl skater after his time at ND.

2C two way upside with a 3C floor. He plays with an edge too. I think he brings something our current forward pool lacks.
Cmon 3C is not his floor lmao

every prospect drafted outside of like Macklin has the potential to bust entirely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad