2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Do you realize how long 4-5 years is? In 4-5 years the player we draft in a month could very likely be 300 games into their NHL career. For reference Terry has yet to play his 300th NHL game.

I don’t see the supplemental scoring coming through well, (ie prospects in the AHL currently), our defense is abysmal, and Verbeek wants our prospects to ‘over-season’ in the AHL.

Doesn’t help that the current UFA market this year is lacking

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I don’t see the supplemental scoring coming through well, (ie prospects in the AHL currently), our defense is abysmal, and Verbeek wants our prospects to ‘over-season’ in the AHL.

Doesn’t help that the current UFA market this year is lacking

4-5 UFA classes is a long time to sign help.
Lindholm and Fowler were both top pairing guys on teams making the western conference finals by their d+5 which Mintyukov and Zellweger will both be in by then.

Like I said, 4-5 years is a long time.

Reactions: ScarTroy

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Sharks up 6-1 and are on their way to a 3rd straight win and a 3-point gap over the Ducks, which honestly might render them uncatchable because I don’t think this team can find a way to get a result in 2 (minimum) of their final 6 games.

Very unlikely that it’ll happen, but it’d be so funny if San Jose went nuclear towards the end of the year and caught Montreal.

I am cheering for the sharks and Karlsson to hit 100

Needed a big night to have a shot and he has 4 points with about 9 minutes to play. 6 points in his final 6 games now if he’s gonna do it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sharks up 6-1 and are on their way to a 3rd straight win and a 3-point gap over the Ducks, which honestly might render them uncatchable because I don’t think this team can find a way to get a result in 2 (minimum) of their final 6 games.

Very unlikely that it’ll happen, but it’d be so funny if San Jose went nuclear towards the end of the year and caught Montreal.

Needed a big night to have a shot and he has 4 points with about 9 minutes to play. 6 points in his final 6 games now if he’s gonna do it.
I really wish both they and Chicago can catch Montreal.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Just need Chicago and Columbus to both win one game. They both own the tie breaker. I do not see Anaheim winning another game this season.

We end up dead last, we are guaranteed one of Bedard, Fantilli, or Carlsson.
I’m a little worried about the Arizona game we have still

That will be the ultimate tank test

I also don’t see how Chicago can get 2 more points this season. They are absolutely awful. Columbus has a better chance than them IMO

Things are kind of balancing out for San Jose finally. Not a good roster don’t get me wrong, but no team with Karlsson, Couture, Hertl should finish dead last

Reactions: HunterDuck

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m a little worried about the Arizona game we have still

That will be the ultimate tank test

Last night, they actually played a great period. It was only one, but still the best they have played in a long time. Still lost 6-0. I’m not concerned in regards to the tank, this team is cooked. We got shut out by Jack Campbell. Cannot get lower than that.

Gotta hope Columbus can get a win at home against Ottawa. Tall task but not impossible.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Big night, we should lose verses the Flames, they desperately need a Win to keep their playoff hopes alive. CBJ has a chance to win tonight since OTT is all but mathematically eliminated.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
At 3 points up on us, the Sharks are almost uncatchable. The Ducks would have to win two of their final six games while the Sharks not zero additional points, which would be remarkable. I am confident that we are in the bottom three, and we could, with luck, move lower.

Reactions: Static
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad