2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
oilers (2x), flames, coyotes, and avs are the next 5 games. then canucks and kings to end the season

we're almost there

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
they'll for sure win at least one against the coyotes or canucks
Idk. Pretty much too late for the Nucks to try to get Bedard. They still could with a lottery win but the odds are astronomically low. I can see them playing for pride and they have a pretty good record lately. Yotes is a toss up. Yotes have weirdly had a handful of wins against good to great teams. But it's one Gibby could steal.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Wow, third now with only one win separating us from number one, that is wild.

Feels like it was only a couple days when we were like six points out and closer to fifth than first.

Makes ya wanna sing...

1moo3y.gif

Oct 18, 2011
Anaheim is the worst team that has had some lucky(or unlucky) wins. 13 ROW, worst goal differential in the league it's honestly incredible that other teams have had less points

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Anaheim is the worst team that has had some lucky(or unlucky) wins. 13 ROW, worst goal differential in the league it's honestly incredible that other teams have had less points

Or you can give credit that this shit roster has been overachieving until the TDL. The team is still fighting, but they've lost a lot of talent. Rico got injured before the TDL and hasn't returned. D's Klingberg and Kulikov were traded away. Terry's missing a few games. Zegras missed half of the last game and tonight's game.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It is mathematically impossible for us to finish above anyone not named CHI, CBJ, SJS, MTL, AZ

So the absolute worst case draft pick we could get is 8th
Hopefully we can cross MTL/Az off the list by the end of the weekend

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It’s my sons 2 YO birthday tomorrow. All I ask is the Ducks to lose and the Blackhawks and Blue Jackets to gain a point somehow.

OTOH - are people just stat watching the Blue Jackets? Watched them last night against the Bruins. They seemed to play with a bit more fire than the Ducks do - that’s for sure

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Doesn't look all that different than this thread when the Ducks win tbh. Getting mad that Gibson is a good goalie, Jesus.

There’s no pride in finishing dead last or bottom 3 in the league. The only pride I have with this team is individually efforts. Fowler having a career year, Mac hitting over 40 points in his rookie season, and Z potentially topping his season from last year. I also think the goaltending for us has been stellar given they have no defense in front of them. For them to be around a .900 save% is beyond remarkable. It really bolds well for our goaltending now and the future.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
For those of you that felt there was any chance eakins would resign, this last stretch assures us of his departure ( thank God ) nice guy and all, but he’s not nhl quality. He’s coached us 4 seasons, and I don’t know how many years he was coach of Edmonton. Guy hit the lotto to be able to coach this long in the nhl and as a head coach to boot.

Reactions: McDonald19

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Can we lose out and end the season on a 13 game losing streak? I’m gonna stay positive or I guess negative… whatever f*** it let’s tank hard for Bedard!
Tank hard for third overall guaranteed. Assuming there's no manipulation of the actual lottery draw, every team has a higher chance of dropping 1 or 2 spots than they do of winning the lottery. The lower we drop the better our odds are for sure, but the more important thing, to me, is to give the team the flexibility to pick between Carlsson and Michkov rather than graciously accepting what's left of the big 4.

I really don't care if the Ducks handle the rest of the year shamelessly. Playing for pride and integrity sounds nice but the only impact the remaining games can have now are on Anaheim's future. I mean, sure, Madden is one of the best scouts in the sport and we're super fortunate to have him in case we draft 5th or lower, but these top 4 guys could be exactly what the rebuild needs.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m to the point of being more than fine with losses now, started to feel that way after that Vancouver Game. Our kids have hit a wall, and this team is so Outmatched and outclassed it’s not even fun anymore. The competitive losses were at least entertaining. We need a top 3 pick to justify this putrid season.

I just don’t think we should be yelling at Gibby or Dostal or other players who are trying still and putting in solid games. There still is pride in that room, and like I said before, we know the bigger picture here at stake, and finishing dead last is not something to be proud of if you are player. Plus they are fighting for jobs, contracts, and etc, next season.

7 more games left, please end this miserable season.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I’m to the point of being more than fine with losses now, started to feel that way after that Vancouver Game. Our kids have hit a wall, and this team is so Outmatched and outclassed it’s not even fun anymore. The competitive losses were at least entertaining. We need a top 3 pick to justify this putrid season.

I just don’t think we should be yelling at Gibby or Dostal or other players who are trying still and putting in solid games. There still is pride in that room, and like I said before, we know the bigger picture here at stake, and finishing dead last is not something to be proud of if you are player. Plus they are fighting for jobs, contracts, and etc, next season.

7 more games left, please end this miserable season.
Redid the post cause perks lol. Everyone should be happy for Gibby that he still has it in him to steal games. But on the flip side, him stealing a bunch of games, likely trying to build up his own trade value before the TDL made it a lot tougher for the team to control their own destiny and lock in the best lotto odds+3rd overall guaranteed. All the wins for pride will be forgotten by this summer. But who we get out of this draft reverberates through the next 15-20 years of this team's future. So it's not that weird that a few moral victories stolen by Gibson might be annoying to people who hope that said future is fruitful and competitive.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As for Gibson, everyone should be happy for him that he still has it in him to steal games. But on the flip side, him stealing a bunch of games, likely trying to build up his own trade value before the TDL made it a lot tougher for the team to control their own destiny and lock in the best lotto odds+3rd overall guaranteed. All the wins for pride will be forgotten by this summer. But who we get out of this draft reverberates through the next 15-20 of this team's future. So maybe it's not that weird that a few moral victories stolen by Gibson might be annoying to people who hope that said future is fruitful and competitive.

It’s a good sign that Gibby and Dostal are able to still put up a .900 Save% on this team with no defense. Imagine when we get a good team in front of them. But yeah I agree meaningless wins now are only going to hurt the future. The season Is over, kids are cooked, time to focus on next season which is 6 months away. Crazy as it sounds.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It’s a good sign that Gibby and Dostal are able to still put up a .900 Save% on this team with no defense. Imagine when we get a good team in front of them. But yeah I agree meaningless wins now are only going to hurt the future. The season Is over, kids are cooked, time to focus on next season which is 6 months away. Crazy as it sounds.
I think if we got to the point where Anaheim was like Edmonton or Buffalo, perrenially not improving until the draft finally hits with enough superstars that the team builds itself, at that point I'd shun rooting for a lottery win because at that point you should be rooting for your front office to figure it the f*** out and build a competitive roster/hire competent coaching staff. Anaheim's rebuild feels like it's been going on for forever but realistically it hasn't been that long yet. And the Ducks have only drafted top 3 once in that time and have still never drafted first overall.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Gibson deserves a shot at the cup.. If they ducks are going to tank next year too.. Its only fair Verbeek finds gibson a good team to play for.. I feel for him..

Reactions: HunterDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad