2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
We're now 4 points clear of San Jose when you take into account the tiebreaker. Most winnable games left for Chicago and Columbus are 1 each against Philly. Our tank may rest squarely on Tort's shoulders.
He's letting his assistants run the bench so...
I’m a little worried about the Arizona game we have still

That will be the ultimate tank test

I also don’t see how Chicago can get 2 more points this season. They are absolutely awful. Columbus has a better chance than them IMO

Things are kind of balancing out for San Jose finally. Not a good roster don’t get me wrong, but no team with Karlsson, Couture, Hertl should finish dead last
Yeah if Arizona is trying to make up ground in the lottery race and one of our goalies plays for pride it could be a win. But then again Arizona has shown they're capable of beating good to great teams. So it might just depend on how motivated Keller and a few others are to take advantage of Anaheim.
If we lose a game now we are guaranteed a bottom 4 finish.
Well, no. We need to finish second to last to guarantee that. If all three of Anaheim, Chicago, and Columbus lose out in regulation, nothing will change and we risk picking 5th.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

Yeah if Arizona is trying to make up ground in the lottery race and one of our goalies plays for pride it could be a win. But then again Arizona has shown they're capable of beating good to great teams. So it might just depend on how motivated Keller and a few others are to take advantage of Anaheim.

Well, no. We need to finish second to last to guarantee that. If all three of Anaheim, Chicago, and Columbus lose out in regulation, nothing will change and we risk picking 5th.
We would finish bottom 4 before the lottery.

The real sweet spot is to be top 2 so we get a top 4 pick after the lottery.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I'm talking about our position in the standings not about a pick

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm talking about our position in the standings not about a pick
We would finish bottom 4 before the lottery.

The real sweet spot is to be top 2 so we get a top 4 pick after the lottery.
Got it. The way I read bottom 4 finish my head went straight to top 4 pick spot but the way Kalv put it was different. You're right. I do think at this point it's not impossible for San Jose to take their third spot back. Certainly all but impossible for them to finish last or dead to last. But I'd feel a lot more comfortable if San Jose got at least another point in the standings and cover for surprise stolen wins down the stretch.

Reactions: Kalv

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
This place will go crazy if we have the option to take Michkov at 2 or 3. And probably 4 as well. Grab the popcorn.
if they draft at 2 or 3 i'd be shocked if they pass on fantilli or carlsson for michkov unless they know 100% that there won't be any issues getting him to anaheim. can't envision verbeek taking michkov and risking it without solid confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad