2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I have repeatedly said “could“. You are repeatedly saying “won’t”. There’s a difference.
you didn't answer my question

should we hesitate to call up prospects to the big club because they COULD suck and in turn, go into depression/see their lives ruined?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
you didn't answer my question

should we hesitate to call up prospects to the big club because they COULD suck and in turn, go into depression/see their lives ruined?
If the move is for winning? Absolutely call them up. Also, calling them up for backup/extra player in case of injury is always appropriate.

Calling up a player whose insertion into an actual starting role is for the sole purpose of losing, because they have nowhere near the skill level appropriate to the league, when there are two other prospects that do? No, I think that’s unethical on multiple levels. It’s also the sort of thing that the league could potentially take a look at and change rules over if teams do egregiously. There’s a reason that there’s a draft lottery, and the worst team has such piss poor chances of winning it.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If the move is for winning? Absolutely call them up. Also, calling them up for backup/extra player in case of injury is always appropriate.

Calling up a player whose insertion into an actual starting role is for the sole purpose of losing, because they have nowhere near the skill level appropriate to the league, when there are two other prospects that do? No, I think that’s unethical on multiple levels. It’s also the sort of thing that the league could potentially take a look at and change rules over if teams do egregiously. There’s a reason that there’s a draft lottery, and the worst team has such piss poor chances of winning it.
i mean, teams have been doing shit like that for years already. look at the goalies teams like the jackets, sharks, and coyotes have been icing lately. it's not like OEE would be much worse honestly

and yeah, the worst team has a far bigger chance of NOT winning the lottery but finishing worse still guarantees you a top 3 pick and you have a 25% chance of winning it which is far higher than the second worse team. that alone is worth doing all you can to lose games at this point

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
i mean, teams have been doing shit like that for years already. look at the goalies teams like the jackets, sharks, and coyotes have been icing lately. it's not like OEE would be much worse honestly

and yeah, the worst team has a far bigger chance of NOT winning the lottery but finishing worse still guarantees you a top 3 pick and you have a 25% chance of winning it which is far higher than the second worse team. that alone is worth doing all you can to lose games at this point
As I posted, Ek is the 128th worst goalie, out of 138, in the AHL this year. It would absolutely be that much worse. You should go research just how much better than Ek those goalies are, because you’re objectively incorrect with your assessment.

This is exactly my point. Stop trying to convince people that this line of argument is anything other than trying to make the team bad enough to lose, and then trying to justify it as anything but that. Whattaboutisms weaken positions, they don’t justify them.

I really don’t care that you want them to lose, it’s in the franchise’s best interest as far as prospects go. Just please stop trying to convince me that there are no potential downsides to the people involved, or that it’s a noble goal, or anything other than what it is.

edit - I’ve said my part, you will not change my mind or catch me in a logic trap, so I’m out. I’m not telling you how to post or live your life, I was giving my opinion on the subject. Agree to disagree.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
As I posted, Ek is the 128th worst goalie, out of 138, in the AHL this year. It would absolutely be that much worse. You should go research just how much better than Ek those goalies are, because you’re objectively incorrect with your assessment.

This is exactly my point. Stop trying to convince people that this line of argument is anything other than trying to make the team bad enough to lose, and then trying to justify it as anything but that. Whattaboutisms weaken positions, they don’t justify them.

I really don’t care that you want them to lose, it’s in the franchise’s best interest as far as prospects go. Just please stop trying to convince me that there are no potential downsides to the people involved, or that it’s a noble goal, or anything other than what it is.

edit - I’ve said my part, you will not change my mind or catch me in a logic trap, so I’m out. I’m not telling you how to post or live your life, I was giving my opinion on the subject. Agree to disagree.
who's trying to convince people? i think i've made it quite clear numerous times in this thread that the only reason i want OEE in there is to give the team a better chance at losing. really don't think i could have made myself any more clear on that

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good luck, kid.

56D1F26C-7D42-4651-96FF-CB724A25B20F.gif

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah I'm hoping they don't fully light him up. So far he's got reasonable numbers.
He’s made some great saves. Adrenaline is a wonderful thing. My brother is a Gulls season ticket holder and they apparently refer to him as “Eek”, and use his name as a verb, as in “the Gulls were Eeked tonight”.

Last edited:
Reactions: HanSolo

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Best thing that can happen is ek looks good enough in a loss to get one more game down the stretch and to allow Gibson to feel ok about being “ I’ll”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad