Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You are crazy. That would make him like the most expensive goalkeeper in the world. Look at all the circumstances.

1. He's not world class.
2. He's almost 28 so his value won't really appreciate.
3. He will leave for free next summer.
4. Brentford have already signed a replacement.

Hence why £40M is too much for Raya.
I am not saying he will ever go for that much, but he has the potential to play as a 60-70 million Euro goalkeeper if he goes to a better team. He's not world-class, but he's still class and why 40 million is a fair amount for him. You're underrating his talent.

Reactions: al secord

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Raya is profoundly meh IMO
1687375089456.png

Reactions: S E P H

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Brentford isn't this worldly beast of a defence or club to be fair. Sure, Thomas is a solid defensive coach, but Raya is very underrated on this board.
Well so this is kinda my point. He faces a high volume of shots, a high volume of crosses. Brentford had the second most shots against and third most crosses against last year. I am unsurprised that he would therefore lead those statistics.

"Meh" might have been glib, but he led the league in save% even while Brentford were middle of the pack with regards to xGA vs. GA. Their xGA per shot against was low. That indicates to me that he was making a high quantity of saves on low-medium level chances.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Well so this is kinda my point. He faces a high volume of shots, a high volume of crosses. Brentford had the second most shots against and third most crosses against last year. I am unsurprised that he would therefore lead those statistics.

"Meh" might have been glib, but he led the league in save% even while Brentford were middle of the pack with regards to xGA vs. GA. Their xGA per shot against was low. That indicates to me that he was making a high quantity of saves on low-medium level chances.
Add his ball distribution to that. I think it was Klopp who called him "Brentford's number 10"

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Add his ball distribution to that. I think it was Klopp who called him "Brentford's number 10"
His distribution is definitely very high quality, no doubt about it. Long pass completion rate only beaten by Ederson and Alisson. Curious about his shorter passing tho, his average pass length was 40 yards and 50% of his passes were over 40 yards.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
His long balls are quality but he isn't too composed during build-up. And Ange doesn't really want his goalkeeper to kick it long too often.
Then Vicario is going to be perfect. Check out his triple save against Roma when you have the time. I'm convinced that if Cagliari had kept him instead of Cragno two years ago they wouldn't have gone down.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Then Vicario is going to be perfect. Check out his triple save against Roma when you have the time. I'm convinced that if Cagliari had kept him instead of Cragno two years ago they wouldn't have gone down.
I've seen it. Also saw some insane highlights from when he faced Salernitana.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
While Tonali is a solid player, I don't think he has done enough to warrant a 75 million dollar price tag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad