HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The tank will be just fine. This team will not sustain an effort like that many nights and we won't have a sleep walking contender every night either.

Exactly what MSL said in his presser after the game. He's aware that last night, there was adrenaline and enthusiasm with it being a home opener so it was easy to find the energy. And that he is excited to find out if the kids can find the energy within themselves when things start to get normal and you're playing a Tuesday night against the Isles or the Canes.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Wait till Allen gets injured after playing 5 games and Monty is our starter + either Suzuki or Caufield misses a few games
Ya this is more likely but I was thinking that we wouldn’t have even been in the same ballpark as the rest of the league. I think we’ll be more competitive in most games than not. For the purposes of the tank, I’d like to lose those games by a goal.

I think we have a swing of somewhere between 70-90 points

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Arizona is getting outshot 17-3 in the 1st period vs. Pit.

It’s going to be nearly impossible to outtank them this season.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
From your keyboard to god’s insatiable forum lurking eyes.

Also, serious question. Is this the place to cheer for a complete collapse of the Florida Panthers? It is much easier for me to cheer for losses by them, especially while the season is young.

Go Islanders (tonight)

:naughty:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What will be the pairings now that Matheson is out:

Ghule - Savard
Arber - Wideman
Harris Kovacevik

?

With Schueneman as the 7th D?
Harris - Kovacevic played more than Arber - Wideman last game, we should probably call them the 2nd pair I think.

And Shue is the 7th D for the two games trip.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
From your keyboard to god’s insatiable forum lurking eyes.

Also, serious question. Is this the place to cheer for a complete collapse of the Florida Panthers? It is much easier for me to cheer for losses by them, especially while the season is young.

Yes. Yes, it is. They won tonight against a very average Isles team.

Reactions: Unclewhalebone

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Matheson out 8 weeks with an abdominal strain. I thought it was his knee. This is much, much worse. Abdominal strains can linger, and if you do too much too soon, you can get a hernia & then it's 18 months for full recovery.

:help:

Ugh.

Woohoo!

Perfect news for the tank!

LET'S GOOOOO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS GO!

(But I do wanna see Slaf play great and score)

Reactions: 26Mats

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
San Jose starts the season 0-3.

Matt Benning played top 4RD (he was #6/#7 in both Nashville & Edmonton), and Lorentz was a 2nd line center.

They are baaaaaad.

Too much competition for bottom 5! :mad:

However, their next game is versus Chicago.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Matt Benning played top 4RD (he was #6/#7 in both Nashville & Edmonton), and Lorentz was a 2nd line center.

They are baaaaaad.

Lorentz was behind KK and Stepan as 4th line center for the Canes last season. What happened to the Sharks?

Do they want a Dvorak?

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I think Xhekaj should be sent down at some point. He’s played okay but it’s clear he can benefit from a year in juniors just to get used to handling the pick a bit more and having less time.

Guhle and Harris I thought have looked great and I think they should stay up.

Reactions: Tuggy and Andy

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick

They are baaaaaad.

San Jose has always been my dark horse Bedard contender.

Our only saving grace is Chicago, Arizona and San Jose all having to play each other. Meanwhile I don't think Montreal has any competition for last in the East. Some team would have to massively underperform.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yeah, we have to start watching SJ, they are gunning for the last spot too. Don't know why I underestimated them.

MTL
Philly
SJ
CHI
AZ
Hart was good in their last game. If he has a decent year, he and Torts will likley keep them out of the Bedard sweepstakes. In SJ's case Quinn will likely solidify their chances.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think Xhekaj should be sent down at some point. He’s played okay but it’s clear he can benefit from a year in juniors just to get used to handling the pick a bit more and having less time.

Guhle and Harris I thought have looked great and I think they should stay up.

Xhekaj will get to Laval maybe after Washington game.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
As far as D goes, Guhle, Savard, Harris & Kovacevic are definitely in the lineup this season baring injuries. Guhle's our best D right now.

Xhekaj & Wideman are weak points. They play together which isn't helpful for Xhekaj at all.

Would prefer a Xhekaj-Edmundson pairing.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Lorentz was behind KK and Stepan as 4th line center for the Canes last season. What happened to the Sharks?

Do they want a Dvorak?
The centres on Carolina were Aho, Trochek, Staal and KK. Stepan was probably on the wing with Staal and KK was stuck with Lorentz on the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad