HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
As far as D goes, Guhle, Savard, Harris & Kovacevic are definitely in the lineup this season baring injuries. Guhle's our best D right now.

Xhekaj & Wideman are weak points. They play together which isn't helpful for Xhekaj at all.

Would prefer a Xhekaj-Edmundson pairing.
Xhekaj needs time in Laval, nothing wrong with that.
Wideman needs to be the 7th D ASAP.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
As far as D goes, Guhle, Savard, Harris & Kovacevic are definitely in the lineup this season baring injuries. Guhle's our best D right now.

Xhekaj & Wideman are weak points. They play together which isn't helpful for Xhekaj at all.

Would prefer a Xhekaj-Edmundson pairing.
Can Edmundson play the right side because even when paired with Romanov for a few games last year he played the left side

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Yotes come in last...but Habs still win the lottery! :D

Hugues made sure to go to PEI for Newhook’s Stanley cup celebration because his daughter dreamed that Habs would draft Bedard if he went ! It’s silly but I like that he went just in case 😅

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The centres on Carolina were Aho, Trochek, Staal and KK. Stepan was probably on the wing with Staal and KK was stuck with Lorentz on the 4th line.
Stepan/KK somewhat shared 4th line center duties with KK getting most of the center TOI (and Stepan was health scratched a lot). In the PO, KK played mostly at wing with Stepan at center. Lorentz was never used at center by the Canes and always on the bottom 6 unless health scratched.

I followed the Canes quite a bit last year to see how they used KK.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, we're 1-2, but there's still 8 teams without a win yet.

Ottawa, NJD, Chicago, Vancouver, Arizona & LAK are all 0-2.

Columbus & SJS are 0-3.

If Minnesota loses to LAK tonight then they'll be 0-2 & Kings 1-2.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Stepan/KK somewhat shared 4th line center duties with KK getting most of the center TOI (and Stepan was health scratched a lot). In the PO, KK played mostly at wing with Stepan at center. Lorentz was never used at center by the Canes and always on the bottom 6 unless health scratched.

I followed the Canes quite a bit last year to see how they used KK.
I watched most of the Canes games because i have Necas, Jarvis and KK in my keeper league. I paid more attention to the top 2 lines (Jarvis, Necas) than KK Yes KK mostly played with plugs. He did play something like 3 games on the top line (when Aho was out) and had 5 pts I believe. And of course they tried him on the wing on a scoring line to begin the season but that didn't work.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I watched most of the Canes games because i have Necas, Jarvis and KK in my keeper league. I paid more attention to the top 2 lines (Jarvis, Necas) than KK Yes KK mostly played with plugs. He did play something like 3 games on the top line (when Aho was out) and had 5 pts I believe. And of course they tried him on the wing on a scoring line to begin the season but that didn't work.
i beg to differ. KK is a plug.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is why we want to be crap this year, folks.

He has the guts, drive, and creativity to go along with his skating/skill. Deadly combo of assets and how he becomes a star is his will to overcome the obstacles. Franchise player or generational talent? Your guess is as good as mine.

Lots of skilled players struggle once they turn pro. A lot of young players get razzled with the less time and space by going up against bigger players who also skate well. Bedard looks like he well suited to face this challenge.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
My only concern with Xhekaj in the AHL is that i don’t want him in a police role , fighting every single night

Yeah that's a concern down there still for sure.

The AHL is a lot milder than it was 10-15 years ago.

Last time someone hit 200 PIM was in 2015-2016.

You still have some tough guys like Gallant, but you are far from the time they had guys like Stu Bickell, Joel Reichliz and the like.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Hoping for a high scoring loss against the Pens. Points for all the young guns!

E78D94BC-4FBD-4765-804D-4836D1EEDA84.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Arizona beat the Leafs 4-2. They might not be the losing standard though somewhat unbelievably.

San Jose is 0-4
Vancouver is 0-3

Chicago and Arizona have actually been more competitive than people believed they would be.

Both are 1-2.

Montreal sits 10th in conference, but they've also played 4 games versus majorities 2 games.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I feel like it's weird to be super involved in the tank race until around January. Just try to enjoy watching the team for now. It's still very early, young players will hit slumps, goaltending will be inconsistent...etc don't worry we will have a top 5 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad