Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Rays reminds me of 2019 Patriots that started 8-0 with Brady last year and the Antonio Brown shit show

Losing McClanahan huge and Glasnow missed last start - he’s in Sale category for fragility but without first 7 years of HOF performance

Also what happened to Andrew Benintendi?

He’s hit 2 homers in over 400 at bats

I’m just flabbergasted what he became after 2018

There are theories and it’s just odd

He was very good on the WS run and was still cranking EBH in 2019 when he got hurt around late July

Sox knew something on or off or both and moved fast

I would have bet he was destined for stardom and multi All Star games

Let's put it this way... apparently, Wander thinks he should spend more time in the minors.
Yikes

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
We'll probably end up asking the same about Verdugo. At least as a hitter I think he's destined to be Benintendi 2.0
Yah it’s definitely a bit concerning and seems it’s going in that direction

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I love your enthusiasm. However I have watched enough sports in my life to know “keep your fingers crossed” is not a fun way to watch

I never said keep your fingers crossed. I just said the Sox control their destiny. They themselves control what happens. And hope the other teams falter.

Gotta take care of business. Being 3 back in the WC is better than being 10.

There is hope here.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I never said keep your fingers crossed. I just said the Sox control their destiny. They themselves control what happens. And hope the other teams falter.

Gotta take care of business. Being 3 back in the WC is better than being 10.

There is hope here.
You didn’t say, yes.

Just commenting on that way of watching

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You didn’t say, yes.

Just commenting on that way of watching
I watch whether the team has a chance or not. I'm a fan. They suck the life out of me and make me angry, but also entertain and make me happy.

If there is no hope? Why bother? Is rather be entertained by being on 3 back than watching annoyed being 10 back. Either way, I'm watching.

How people watch the game is none of my business.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
The O's and M's game / 9th inning has been magnificent. Mullins with the catch of the year. M's answered with a game tying HR.

To be honest, both teams deserve to make the post-season. The Mariners were smart enough to sell off a few pieces, but still haven't missed a beat since then.

I just wish MLB would put the ghost runner to rest. It's not a deserving end to a baseball game. Either make it a tie (after 9 or 12 Innings) or just go with the normal rules.

Edit: Mullins saved a HR and then hit a HR in the next inning. Very fitting. The O's are something else. I still think they made a mistake by not aiming higher at the deadline. Paxton was sitting there and they probably could have had Cease.

Reactions: sarge88 and CDJ

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
How would you define your way of watching?
That I am not going to watch sports like it is a scratch ticket thinking this might be the one.

I watch whether the team has a chance or not. I'm a fan. They suck the life out of me and make me angry, but also entertain and make me happy.

If there is no hope? Why bother? Is rather be entertained by being on 3 back than watching annoyed being 10 back. Either way, I'm watching.

How people watch the game is none of my business.
Good. I am glad you enjoy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The O's and M's game / 9th inning has been magnificent. Mullins with the catch of the year. M's answered with a game tying HR.

To be honest, both teams deserve to make the post-season. The Mariners were smart enough to sell off a few pieces, but still haven't missed a beat since then.

I just wish MLB would put the ghost runner to rest. It's not a deserving end to a baseball game. Either make it a tie (after 9 or 12 Innings) or just go with the normal rules.

Edit: Mullins saved a HR and then hit a HR in the next inning. Very fitting. The O's are something else. I still think they made a mistake by not aiming higher at the deadline. Paxton was sitting there and they probably could have had Cease.
Yeah now that the pitch clock exists they don’t need the ghost runner to shorten games

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

Nah Cease is not that good. He throws as hard as he can and tires after about four innings. They did fine with Flarehty.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Nah Cease is not that good. He throws as hard as he can and tires after about four innings. They did fine with Flarehty.

Yes, I am not entirely sold on Cease as a TOTR pitcher either and WSox probably asked for the moon. But Flaherty is not it, he's a good depth guy, but nothing more. Paxton was a perfect fit for them, I am convinved of that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes, I am not entirely sold on Cease as a TOTR pitcher either and WSox probably asked for the moon. But Flaherty is not it, he's a good depth guy, but nothing more. Paxton was a perfect fit for them, I am convinved of that.
I’m out on Cease for what he’ll cost, I think he’s a good pitcher but he’s not the ace some paint him as. White Sox allegedly wanted Bello which is laughable

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That I am not going to watch sports like it is a scratch ticket thinking this might be the one.

Good. I am glad you enjoy

I don't always enjoy. And I definitely don't watch thinking "this is it". If I can't find any joy with a sport I'm watching what's the point?

I have enough in my life that I deal with. I can't imagine watching a sport miserable.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I just wish MLB would put the ghost runner to rest. It's not a deserving end to a baseball game. Either make it a tie (after 9 or 12 Innings)
I think a lot of people would be apoplectic with ties in baseball. I wouldn't but I have no problem with the ghost runner. It's the same for every team, like a guy hit a leadoff double. I don't see the issue. With that said, I could get behind eliminating it now that there's a pitch clock and games are much shorter.

Poopy pants gang? That's what this thread has come to

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I think a lot of people would be apoplectic with ties in baseball. I wouldn't but I have no problem with the ghost runner. It's the same for every team, like a guy hit a leadoff double. I don't see the issue. With that said, I could get behind eliminating it now that there's a pitch clock and games are much shorter.

Poopy pants gang? That's what this thread has come to

I would absolutely despise ties in baseball. I think it's bullshit we get them in the NFL in the modern era of high scoring offense. The only of the four professional North American sports I am okay with them is the NHL cause it's hard to score a goal. Otherwise, let's go.

Reactions: CDJ

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I would absolutely despise ties in baseball. I think it's bullshit we get them in the NFL in the modern era of high scoring offense. The only of the four professional North American sports I am okay with them is the NHL cause it's hard to score a goal. Otherwise, let's go.
Hockey wins because of the point system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad