Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season - 154-8 still possible - Adam Duvall suffered fractured wrist, no timetable set for his return

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
And you can't really blame them either. I mean yes, they do deserve the shit they get, but too many fans accept and excuse away the bullshit, so it empowers the team to get away with cheaping out.

They almost act like an abused spouse..."yeah they treat me like s*** all the time but every once in a while they do 1 nice thing for me that makes it all ok"

Reactions: LSCII

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
going to be a good season regardless because either they shock me and are good or chaim gets fired.

75 wins max

Reactions: Johnnyduke

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This is so shocking that the only way I would have thought it possible was Thanos getting all the infinity stones and dusting half the fanbase.

Who wants to spend money to freeze their asses off at a game in March when the owners of the team have continually shown they don't give a f*** enough to put a competitive team on the field? I personally love it and hope the park stays half filled all season long. That's what they deserve for letting key players walk over money year after year.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
take me back the days of big signings like Manny, Pedro and Curt Schilling and all the hype and excitement that followed. I also remember NY Boston being the biggest rivalry on the planet
Nah. Instead you get 73 year old Corey Kluber as your opening day starter.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Who wants to spend money to freeze their asses off at a game in March when the owners of the team have continually shown they don't give a f*** enough to put a competitive team on the field? I personally love it and hope the park stays half filled all season long. That's what they deserve for letting key players walk over money year after year.

They're gonna win 87 games and be in the hunt for a Wild Card all season. But until they actually show they're competitive people will stay away.

Reactions: LSCII and BMC

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Some people on here will finally realize that a lot of fans have had enough. The most expensive gameday experience for this roster? F off.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The fan reaction is really weird. This team is significantly better than 2012, 2014, and going into 2015. Expectations on the field are probably similar to 2021, which overperformed, and there are similarities to 2013 just with less pitching. I guess those teams still had big personalities (Ortiz, Pedroia, in the early cases Lester) that could draw in viewers. This current team isn't bad, they just don't have a media darling - and I think the fact that they lost Mookie and Bogaerts so close to each other has soured the local media a lot. The face of the franchise is Raffy and the only time I've ever heard him speak is that Jordan's Furniture commercial.

Henry and Werner are d-bags, definitely, but they average a World Series every 5 years.

The whole pushback, negativity, dark clouds, etc. just seem so manufactured and inorganic to me. Looking at the team on the field, I think they're competitive. Not contenders, but competitive. Why were people lining up to go to opening day in the Bobby Valentine year after they blew 2011, but the organization is begging people to buy tickets this year?

Reactions: CDJ

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This is so shocking that the only way I would have thought it possible was Thanos getting all the infinity stones and dusting half the fanbase.

When this happened to the Bruins in 05-06 the shock forced them to make meaningful changes in the way they did business.

Here's hoping the same thing happens with the Sox owners. :crossfing

Reactions: EverettMike

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The fan reaction is really weird. This team is significantly better than 2012, 2014, and going into 2015. Expectations on the field are probably similar to 2021, which overperformed, and there are similarities to 2013 just with less pitching. I guess those teams still had big personalities (Ortiz, Pedroia, in the early cases Lester) that could draw in viewers. This current team isn't bad, they just don't have a media darling - and I think the fact that they lost Mookie and Bogaerts so close to each other has soured the local media a lot. The face of the franchise is Raffy and the only time I've ever heard him speak is that Jordan's Furniture commercial.

Henry and Werner are d-bags, definitely, but they average a World Series every 5 years.

The whole pushback, negativity, dark clouds, etc. just seem so manufactured and inorganic to me. Looking at the team on the field, I think they're competitive. Not contenders, but competitive. Why were people lining up to go to opening day in the Bobby Valentine year after they blew 2011, but the organization is begging people to buy tickets this year?

It's a last place team that lost its 2nd best player (Bogaerts), 2 best starters (Wacha and Eovaldi) and still has an atrocious pen and you think this team is better than prior versions and wondering why fans are pessimistic?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It's a last place team that lost its 2nd best player (Bogaerts), 2 best starters (Wacha and Eovaldi) and still has an atrocious pen and you think this team is better than prior versions and wondering why fans are pessimistic?

This team reminds me of several Red Sox teams when I was growing up. They'd have decent fielding, above average hitting, 1-2 decent starters and close to no bullpen. They had no choice but to try to hit their way to victory. I'm not sure this team even meets that low standard.

• Wow
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
What is your definition of competitive? Fans should absolutely not shell out top dollar for the Red Sox to simply be "competitive" and potentially finish in 4th place. 2011 was 12 years ago. Before fans see Betts traded and Bogaerts go to the freakin Padres. There has been a buildup to this and I don't blame fans at all.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Oh no, not f***ing Michael Wacha...what ever will we do.

They significantly improved their bullpen this offseason. And considering everyone got injured last year and we had Jarren Duran leading off for 3/4 of the season, the lineup will be a lot better. Even without Bogey, having Yoshi and a healthy Kike will make up for the OBP lost. Casas will be a heavy improvement in power over the 1B position last year. Turner and JD are not that far off from each other.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

And just who is running this group of manufacturing not caring about the team? Is there a place where people check in to see if they should buy tickets or not?

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
And just who is running this group of manufacturing not caring about the team? Is there a place where people check in to see if they should buy tickets or not?
Correct take. You can't blame it on sports radio and social media either because "negative hot takes" aren't new. We have smart baseball fans. The Red Sox do not deserve any fan investment for this roster when you charge the most in baseball.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

They’re gonna throw $500 mill his way, cornering the Japanese market is getting Henry/Werner turned on

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I'm assuming there's a bet out there on whether or not the red sox swing at their first pitch of the year? I'd check on my own but I don't remember my DK pw and don't feel like bothering to recover it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad