Patriots/NFL 2023 Pre-Season - DA drops gun charges against Patriots CB Jack Jones

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
People realize that Reiff is eligible to come off IR in a few weeks, right? Did they probably waste money? Probably, but it's frankly too early to say.

They also have plenty of cap space, and there are easy ways for them to create more if they needed to. Signing Reiff did not prevent any other deal from happening.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
People realize that Reiff is eligible to come off IR in a few weeks, right? Did they probably waste money? Probably, but it's frankly too early to say.

They also have plenty of cap space, and there are easy ways for them to create more if they needed to. Signing Reiff did not prevent any other deal from happening.

5 mill is 5 mill. It's not chump change. You don't know if we added that to the Hopkins offer that it might of made a difference. Who knows. But we'll never know.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If they wanted to offer more to Hopkins they easily could have regardless of Reiff is the point.
Well when you put it this way I would feel even worse about not making a stronger push for Hopkins and then also thinking Reiff was a good option.

I'm not sure it's too early. It's not like teams were banging down his door. Seems like everyone thinks he's cooked.

If they have plenty of cap space what is the possible justification for that given how weak they are on OL and skill position? That doesn't add up in regard to knowing how to build your roster.

Reactions: Mione134

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If they wanted to offer more to Hopkins they easily could have regardless of Reiff is the point.
Yeah they just weren’t that interested in Nuke judging by what they offered. They had more money available than Tennessee, they just felt he wasn’t worth it. I see both sides of that argument, I tend to wish they did shell it out though

If one of the 6th round guys pops I think they have a group of pass catchers that can surprise…they just need an OL that will give the Qb enough time to get it to them

Reactions: Mione134

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
That’s actually the point. That Reiff didn’t preclude a higher offer for Nuk.

I'm literally stating the EXACT opposite.

Let's try this again. Ignore the cap. If Kraft told Bill he could only spend $5 mil on outside free agents this summer....and Bill chose to spend that $5 mil on Reiff....then, by definition he is precluded from giving money to anyone else.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm literally stating the EXACT opposite.

Let's try this again. Ignore the cap. If Kraft told Bill he could only spend $5 mil on outside free agents this summer....and Bill chose to spend that $5 mil on Reiff....then, by definition he is precluded from giving money to anyone else.
That’s a hell of an assumption but ok. Especially because he did make offers to other free agents.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
That’s a hell of an assumption but ok. Especially because he did make offers to other free agents.
I was presenting an EXTREMELY dumbed down scenario for those in the cheap seats and didn't feel like pulling all the actual numbers. I was simply presenting the cash vs cap argument. Just because they have cap room doesn't mean they have the cash in their own internal budget.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I was presenting an EXTREMELY dumbed down scenario for those in the cheap seats and didn't feel like pulling all the actual numbers. I was simply presenting the cash vs cap argument. Just because they have cap room doesn't mean they have the cash in their own internal budget.
Not sure why you’re being so pedantic about this. Sheesh.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Well, you can be a dumbass and still have charges dropped.

The Scarpiccio victory lap is gonna be something!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Seems ridiculous but as a Pats fan I'm selfishly happy.

Goodell still has the authority to suspend him for detrimental conduct though so I wouldn't celebrate too much yet.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
AWESOME, so many people going to lose it
LOL

Lose what exactly? Do we think poor person/random nobody gets this same treatment? I'm not losing anything but come on dude. Guy was a dumbass in this case and got very, very lucky.

Seems ridiculous but as a Pats fan I'm selfishly happy.

Goodell still has the authority to suspend him for detrimental conduct though so I wouldn't celebrate too much yet.
While I think Jones got very lucky here, action from the league would seem like a stretch here. This ended up being a victimless "crime" with no ill intent it would seem.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Well, you can be a dumbass and still have charges dropped.

The Scarpiccio victory lap is gonna be something!
She's going to be insufferable.

I do hope she and the DA are ready to answer questions because if he were like any one of us, those charges would have never been dropped.

Curious to see what the league does now that its been resolved.

Reactions: Johnnyduke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad