Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I don’t disagree that it’s a crappy position to be in, but it’s the $5m we carried over from last year. We were all happy to push that money onto this year and now we’re all butt hurt that the bill has come due.

And they don't have 6.2M in cap space: they must be working with 5.7M (Lucic possibility to get bonuses). They can't make any crazyness about cap in this bridge year. I'm ok if Zacha is our #2C, but in 2024 they need to go all in in order to get a better center in free agency.

As I said numerous time I don't like Sweeney at all, but what happened past season wasn't his fault and I do support what he did so far. Our goal should be 2024 to get back in business.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Lot of non qualified young players out there (at least according to Cap Friendly) we could maybe take a flyer on to fill out the roster if they signed a prove it deal.

Jesper Boqvist, Max Comtois, Noah Gregor, Mason Shaw, Jesse Puljujarvi, Caleb Jones, Colin White, Julien Gauthier.

I'm surprised Sweeney hasn't already signed White, he's a local kid that went to BC. LOL
I like Shaw and Comtois, could live with Jones getting a look on D.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I don’t disagree that it’s a crappy position to be in, but it’s the $5m we carried over from last year. We were all happy to push that money onto this year and now we’re all butt hurt that the bill has come due.
I knew it was gonna happen. Thats honestly why underperforming this year really needed to be the swan song. Not enough people can grasp how many eggs were in 2022-23s basket. Without a cup, this team has to decide whether to slowly bleed or take a quick death. Im just nervous theyll take option 1. I think they need to sell all veterans off, i dont think thatll sink them to the bottom but at least recoup some draft picks to speed up the process of getting back to championship contention

Reactions: PlayMakers

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
And they don't have 6.2M in cap space: they must be working with 5.7M (Lucic possibility to get bonuses). They can't make any crazyness about cap in this bridge year. I'm ok if Zacha is our #2C, but in 2024 they need to go all in in order to get a better center in free agency.

As I said numerous time I don't like Sweeney at all, but what happened past season wasn't his fault and I do support what he did so far. Our goal should be 2024 to get back in business.
We still a good enough team to make a run this year especially if bergy and dk are back. Keep pushing get kane or something for a year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Thought this was kind of interesting in regards to JVR. Last year there were 12 PHI forwards that played at least 40 games. JVR among those 12 ranked the following at 5v5:

FF% - 1st
SF% - 2nd
GF% - 1st
xGF% - 1st
SCF% - 1st
HDCF% - 1st
HDGF% - 3rd

Oddly though he only ranked 8th among PHI FWD's in points. Even odder is that is two main linemates (Frost & Tippett) had 17-20 more points than JVR, but their metrics away from JVR were worse.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The discussion was about rebuilds. They take a long time.

The Bruins don't do rebuilds. They won't do one now.

As for Sinden, he wasn't even the GM after Bourque was traded.
HARRY SINDEN.jpg

HARRY S @ home doing his thing!

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Tarasenko would be interesting as a cheap Hall replacement. Allows you to put DeBrusk at his natural position on the LW.

DeBrusk -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Tarasenko

Frederic-- Coyle -- JVR

Lucic -- Geekie -- Greer

Ha we posted this simultaneously

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Tarasenko is interesting but I doubt he'd take the buck-and-a-half the Bruins could offer to sign.

How much do people think he'll sign for?

It’s hard to gauge right now if guys are gonna do the air n see until September to get as much as possible when teams start to panic again? Or if he takes short money and term to get it over with with a team like the bruins and bets on himself to get more next free agency which is poised to be more of a feeding frenzy

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Tarasenko would be interesting as a cheap Hall replacement. Allows you to put DeBrusk at his natural position on the LW.

DeBrusk -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Tarasenko

Frederic-- Coyle -- JVR

Lucic -- Geekie -- Greer

Pieces would begin falling into place all of a sudden.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What's with Lauko? Is his trade request still in effect or with the likelihood of regular playing time in the NHL this year is he cool now? Assuming they even work out an RFA contract.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
unless they can get a really team friendly deal from Freddy or Sway, or definitive answers on Bergy and Krejci, I feel like they’d need to trade someone off to have room for the possibility of those 4 plus Tarasenko. Would certainly make some waves though. I like it

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
What's with Lauko? Is his trade request still in effect or with the likelihood of regular playing time in the NHL this year is he cool now? Assuming they even work out an RFA contract.

They tried but I think similar to DeBrusk they have high hopes and didn’t get the right deal for him

I think he should stop whining and go out and pot 30 this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad