Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I really like a wait and see type approach with this team now. So today:

-Nobody gets more than 2 years, and ideally 1 year anywhere you can
-I wouldn't even make many trades. The value at the deadline or midyear when team's have LTIR open up is far superior. So sure, maybe you do Griz now. But I wouldn't do anyone else. We could be one of the big winners at the deadline this coming year
-I do like the idea of a tough team to help the young kids. So by all means get big and mean

And if the team surprises at plays well? Great! But at least we have some flexibility.

Quoting myself for truth! So far bang on!

I think we're either aiming to be deadline sellers, OR pull a surprise Florida next year. Almost nothing else possible.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
For saying kids will get a shot, Donny love bringing in washed up vets

Agreed, but still plenty of time. At least the JVR deal is a one year deal and assuming lucic will be a one year deal if he comes too.

Still need a couple more holes filled to see what he’s trying to actually do.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
The only issue I have with this is they’re not going to trade Ullmark mid season if they’re in the playoff race. But if the offers aren’t great right now then it’s best to hold onto him anyway.

Guess it depends. Stevie Y and Detroit did just that this year. Depending on how they measure up, maaaaybe they still sell out of the 8-9-10 slots.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I feel DeBrusk is more of an asset to the Bruins both short term and long term. Gryz + makes a lot more sense. A tun. I’d start there…

Meh

Good. Looks like Linus will be a commodity.

But it will still be really interesting to find out the for-sure direction tomorrow. If they really think Bergy comes back and they want to stay in the same mode…they have to keep Linus. He’s the key to making it all the way.

But if DS doesn’t feel like waiting on Bergy….get Linus moved…by all means…when his value is topped out. And start a transition period.

I honestly have no idea what DS will do. He could go either way.

I respectfully disagree.

Even with Linus, even with Bergeron, the Bruins are not going "all the way."

They won't be good enough. Last season was last season.

Ullmark will be moved, if not now, eventually. Again, it makes little sense to carry a 1 and 1A if you're not going to alternate them in the playoffs (which, regardless of the Panthers series, is rarely the case) and you have nine million tied up between the two. It's redundant.

Ullmark's value will never be higher. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow won't materialize until next off season, so the Bruins may as well begin pairing cap for draft selections now.

Two cents.

Reactions: missingchicklet

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’m not a huge JVR fan, but I don’t see how you can complain about 1x1. He will be a HUGE upgrade as the PP1 net front guy.

The Bruins WILL be integrating kids into the lineup. But let’s be honest, they don’t have enough kids to fill in all the spots.

Even with Geekie, JVR and Lucic in the fold you are penciling in three rookies into the forward lineup right now and Lucic sure ain’t playing 82 games.

Competition is good. Having Merkulov, Lysell, Lauko, McLaughlin, Steen and Beecher fighting over 3 or 4 spots is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad