GDT: 2023 NHL ENTRY DRAFT June 28 and 29. First round and then rounds 2-7. (ESPN, NHL network, SN, TVA sports 4pm and 8am Pacific Time)

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Svboda is really the only "oof" pick. Been joking about size but I am very happy they're picking physical players with at least some size and not 5'8-5'10 forwards. This team needs that former far more.

Reactions: themelkman

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sharks having a good draft. Halttunen probably wasn’t BPA but still a fine pick. Svoboda was a bad pick. Very bad. Cagnoni is a great boom bust pick. Could end up nothing or a major steal. Landen is nice to have a steady RHD.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I quoted it to make my point. We all have knee jerk reactions.
Your post is totally fine. However, when you align it with a post taking an unnecessary jab at another poster, the context of your post changes. It comes across as validation and agreement.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Svboda the only guy thats weird, who probably could have been had in the 7th? Whatever I love the first 3 picks and if those hit who cares

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Unless I’m specifically naming names then perhaps, but the fact I used “some posters” removes the specificity of whatever they posted. It’s moot. I don’t see you having an issue with the guy who made the actual post attacking someone.
Your post is totally fine. However, when you align it with a post taking an unnecessary jab at another poster, the context of your post changes. It comes across as validation and agreement.

GRANdSharks

Mar 14, 2018
I seriously doubt 5’8 165 lb Jayden Perron has a future as a bottom six forward in the NHL.
Perron has excellent physical habits and is smart off puck, no reason he can't Crack the bottom six just because someone is small does not mean they are boom or bust.

Reactions: Sandisfan

ISharkted

Apr 11, 2009
My vote is that since goalies are such a lottery ticket roll the dice on 2 or 3 with the remaining 7th rounders and see if anything pops down the road, versus taking overagers at this point

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Unless I’m specifically naming names then perhaps, but the fact I used “some posters” removes the specificity of whatever they posted. It’s moot. I don’t see you having an issue with the guy who made the actual post attacking someone.
Blanket attacks can still be considered flames. You don't need to name names to take a shot at someone or group of someones.

Not saying you did because I haven't been in on the whole conversation, but it's just something worth noting.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Yep, this one hurts little bit.
Eh, you can make a list like that for every draft and for every team (and every poster, haha). It's more understandable in the top-half of the draft, but once you get out of the first you really have to wait for the results. We have no idea how these players are going to turn out, or where they would have been available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad