Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Holtz is not getting traded, we just need a bit of patience with him and lucky for us we can keep him in the minors. I think he will end up being our Daniel Sprong, just took him a little longer to develop, patience is key and we can afford it with our current roster. Trading him for a late pick is not a good idea in my opinion and wouldn't solve anything

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Any top 5 pick is huge. So I'm not really care about which team will win the lottery. Every player deserve to be 1OA in regular year and couple of exceptional talents.
Yeah, I really like this draft class. With our 2nd rounder, who would you like as a realistic pick? I’m trying to go through scouting reports but there’s a lot of variance. I also trust your scouting very much haha! Interested to see who you’d like if you don’t mind/have the time!

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Yeah, I really like this draft class. With our 2nd rounder, who would you like as a realistic pick? I’m trying to go through scouting reports but there’s a lot of variance. I also trust your scouting very much haha! Interested to see who you’d like if you don’t mind/have the time!
Man, I think I never dived so deep) And you could not believe, but this season as other Devils fans I didn`t spend time for prospects too) I watch a lot of Devils prospects and saw some young russian\belorussian prospects, but I can`t compare them with players from different countries. So if Devils will decide to pick players I saw I will tell something about them.
I didn`t have opportunity to watch canadian\us leagues this year, so I even don`t know how USNTDP depth players actually plays. Sad about it because I REAAALYY liked to watch usntdp games. One of my favorite developing programm.
I saw some international games, but it`s too small sample size.

I like belorussian player Anoshko - he is two way productive center with good face off skill. But he isn`t big - 5`10. So it`s an option for later rounds.
I saw games of overager belorussian player Vadim Moroz - he could be drafted year ago. And this year he has 5g 14p in 39 games in KHL(very good for "D+1"). He is 6`2, pretty fast, with good hands. Hope Devils will draft him later in the draft.
Russian player Babenko is big 6`3 and very interesting, he has a lot of goods, but a lot of raws in his game. He is hard on the slot and on the boards, have speed.... and.. yes. He isn`t available. Damn.
Daniil But theoretically could be available in second round, but I I`m not sure.
Vinogradov ("D+1") has 7 goals and 17 points in 53 KHL games. He is Dolzhenkov type player(may be you know him from the previous draft), 6`2, big center with good enough hands, but I`m not a big fan of his skating.
I like Kashtanov from what I saw. 6`6, good protection of the puck, good hands for his size, can take the puck away, he is fast enough to drive the play. He is good MHL player, but of course it`s easier to dominate in junior league for a player of his size.

These are the first names I remembered in the moment. I remember more guys, but some are small, some are not so interesting. I will remember more and think about it more when the time will go on.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Man, I think I never dived so deep) And you could not believe, but this season as other Devils fans I didn`t spend time for prospects too) I watch a lot of Devils prospects and saw some young russian\belorussian prospects, but I can`t compare them with players from different countries. So if Devils will decide to pick players I saw I will tell something about them.
I didn`t have opportunity to watch canadian\us leagues this year, so I even don`t know how USNTDP depth players actually plays. Sad about it because I REAAALYY liked to watch usntdp games. One of my favorite developing programm.

I like belorussian player Anoshko - he is two way productive center with good face off skill. But he isn`t big - 5`10. So it`s an option for later rounds.
I saw games of overager belorussian player Vadim Moroz - he could be drafted year ago. And this year he has 5g 14p in 39 games in KHL(very good for "D+1"). He is 6`2, pretty fast, with good hands. Hope Devils will draft him later in the draft.
Russian player Babenko is big 6`3 and very interesting, he has a lot of goods, but a lot of raws in his game. He is hard on the slot and on the boards, have speed.... and.. yes. He isn`t available. Damn.
Daniil But theoretically could be available, but I I`m not sure.
Vinogradov ("D+1") has 7 goals and 17 points in 53 KHL games. He is Dolzhenkov type player(may be you know him from the previous draft), 6`2, big center with good enough hands, but I`m not a big fan of his skating.
I like Kashtanov from what I saw. 6`6, good protection of the puck, good hands for his size, can take the puck away, he is fast enough to drive the play. He is good MHL player, but of course it`s easier to dominate in junior league for a player of his size.

These are the first names I remembered in the moment. I remember more guys, but some are small, some are not so interesting. I will remember more and think about it more when the time will go on.
Thanks a lot man, I’ll look up those guys! Always like your insights on Russian/Belorussian prospects.

Kind of off topic if you don’t mind, but I was wondering, have you liked Barabosha’s progression? Do you think he could be a bottom-pairing guy for us one day? I remember StevenToddIves raving about him before the Draft.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Thanks a lot man, I’ll look up those guys! Always like your insights on Russian/Belorussian prospects.

Kind of off topic if you don’t mind, but I was wondering, have you liked Barabosha’s progression? Do you think he could be a bottom-pairing guy for us one day? I remember StevenToddIves raving about him before the Draft.
My insights on american\canadian\euro players were even better! C`mon. Find me one man who told that Stuzle was better than Lafrenier, or that Mercer was a better player than Holtz in the draft day. (yeah, I like my track record, this is my time of self-admiration) It`s just not a year for this.

I saw Barabosha games in the first half of the season. He looks like what we should wait from him - good defensive defenseman with good speed and mobility. Production tells nothing for this type of player. Now we should wait and see how he will look on the better level.

Orlov is very intriguing player. He can be our next Vilen in the pipe line.

Overall it`s good to have players in Russia for contending team, because they can develop all the time they need, team will not loose rights, and they don`t use 50 player limit until you sign them. And when you do, team will have much more NHL ready player on ELC. Carolina decided to step on this path and it looks like they will monetize it soon. Hope Fitz will use this strategy this summer, because we losted some picks and we need some depth of talent.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
My insights on american\canadian\euro players were even better! C`mon. Find me one man who told that Stuzle was better than Lafrenier, or that Mercer was a better player than Holtz in the draft day. (yeah, I like my track record, this is my time of self-admiration) It`s just not a year for this.

I saw Barabosha games in the first half of the season. He looks like what we should wait from him - good defensive defenseman with good speed and mobility. Production tells nothing for this type of player. Now we should wait and see how he will look on the better level.

Orlov is very intriguing player. He can be our next Vilen in the pipe line.

Overall it`s good to have players in Russia for contending team, because they can develop all the time they need, team will not loose rights, and they don`t use 50 player limit until you sign them. And when you do, team will have much more NHL ready player on ELC. Carolina decided to step on this path and it looks like they will monetize it soon. Hope Fitz will use this strategy this summer, because we losted some picks and we need some depth of talent.
Didn’t mean no disrespect Guadana, I very much remember your love for Mercer in 2020, part of the reason why I was so happy we got him at 18! :D

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Didn’t mean no disrespect Guadana, I very much remember your love for Mercer in 2020, part of the reason why I was so happy we got him at 18! :D
20`s draft was full of my achievements. in 21 I made good job, but I didn`t dive deep after top-20. 22 was very productive and successful. But I have a feeling that starting this year, it is very likely that I will no longer be able to study the draft. It takes a lot of time, it takes a lot of effort. I can't imagine how Steven watched so much material.

Who knows, may be someone will drop like Raty did.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Daniil But theoretically could be available in second round, but I I`m not sure.

Moroz is number 13. He is my overager this year. Could be drafted in 2022, 5g 14p in 39 games in KHL. And in the next season he will play under a good coach Kvartalnov, who is really good as a coach for young players.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
all the books i follow took down the draft bets i'm going to assume that means they ran the balls already

Are you telling us it’s the Flyers?

I feel like you’re telling us it’s the Flyers. (After you called the 2nd pick last year I just assume you’re a wizard and know these things.)

Now on the one hand they arguably deserve it having got screwed out Kane in 2007.

On the other hand, this would make me very sad.

How did they (potentially/allegedly) let this happen without not first factoring in how sad this would make me?

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Ivan Anoshko has very nice hair. Just adding my 2 cents there.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Ivan Anoshko has very nice hair. Just adding my 2 cents there.
Whould you pick player with good skating, bad shot but nice hair or good skating, good shot but bad hair.
May be Hair isn`t as important but definetly more important than stick tricks in NHL.

I wish SJ would win lottery, but I have strange deep feeling it`s philly.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Whould you pick player with good skating, bad shot but nice hair or good skating, good shot but bad hair.
May be Hair isn`t as important but definetly more important than stick tricks in NHL.

I wish SJ would win lottery, but I have strange deep feeling it`s philly.
I view hair as a bonus but it a very solid one.

Skating beats everything, but it can be improved on. Shot can definitely be worked on. Not much they can do about hair though, it can only get worse really.

If it’s Philly, it will not only suck but it will be weird for me now.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
The Devils should get to draft Will Smith since they have an owner with the same name.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Some leaks on twitter that the Flyers won, let's hope those aren't true

9C5BFD4F-0061-4220-8A6E-FADFFD5E13EA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad