GDT: 2023 NHL Draft - Rounds 2-7, 8am PT/11am ET - NHLN, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I know absolutely nothing, but from what im seeing this has been quite a let down for a last place team with a ton of draft picks. I'm not sure what to think
Welcome to the internet, where everything is worse than it actually is.

Not a lot of sexy names. They clearly believe in their development staff to get these kids where they need to be
I heard the new development guy is pretty good

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Plenty of teams that I thought did a good job :)
Our only questionable pick for me is the second pick, but at the same time it being a reach is reassuring in a way because it feels like Madden doesn't reach unless he knows it's somebody he wants.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Anyone recall anyone accurately mocking any of our picks besides Carlsson?

I dunno if this counts, but I did have a group of players slated for our 2nd rd picks and 65th. I'm happy with our 2nd round picks: 33 Myatovic, 59 Terrance, and 60 Clara.

I wrote the following on post 907 of the Who Do You Want to Draft, Part 2:

I'd rather take a swing on 6'3 Danny Nelson or 6'3 Myatovic than Stramel at 33rd. We're missing potential top-6 scorers and I don't get that pattern for Stramel.

I wrote the following on post 1,692 of the Who Do You Want to Draft, Part 2:

I'm more intrigued with the four picks in the first 33 selections on Day 2 of the draft: 33rd, 59th, 60th, and 65th. Players I've denoted that we could chase after in previous posts:
6'3 RW Halttunen (PF)
6'3 F Nelson (PF, converted from D)
6'2 LW Suniev (BCHL)
6'3 LW Myatovic (noted more for his defense)
6'3 RD Andrew Gibson (fast skating, still developing his defense)
6'0 C Carey Terrance (high end skater, needs to work on defense)
Newer prospects to keep an eye on:
6'3 C Anton Wahlberg (PF)
6'3 RW Zachary Nehring (high schooler)
6'6 G Damien Clara
6'2 RD Dylan MacKinnon (shutdown D, with potential for more offense ... like D Hinds)

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
After years of drafting mainly Canadians, Americans and Swedes, today the Ducks have drafted an Italian, a Belarussian and a Swiss.
Italians GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Kinda a quintessential Ducks draft. All the picks right down from Carlsson feel a little unexpected/going against the grain a bit.

I’m warming up to the Carlsson pick but feels like there were some bigger names to be had today that we didn’t come away with. Hope it works out.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Kinda a quintessential Ducks draft. All the picks right down from Carlsson feel a little unexpected/going against the grain a bit.

I’m warming up to the Carlsson pick but feels like there were some bigger names to be had today that we didn’t come away with. Hope it works out.
My take-It looks like we picked guys who need year or two more than usual to develop into NHL level player.
Heck Konnor Smith will be ready for NHL season 2030-2031...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad