HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I’ll be very mad if the habs can’t get Smith at 5 and they pass on Leonard for another player. Gonna hurt lol. But i think he fits very well what they’re looking for.
I won't lose sleep on whoever they draft although if they go with Reinbacher I would be a tad dissapointed I will admit.

I like all the players from 1-7 (except David Reinbacher) for different reasons Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith, Benson and my boy Leonard.

Other than one of these players I will be very concerned.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
I read somewhere Leonard's goal to shot % was something absurd like 25%. Does that make anyone else reevaluate his goalscoring potential in the NHL? He won't be keeping up those percentages in the big leagues that's for sure. It also suggests he doesn't shoot much which is usually a bad sign. I know people will say he was playing the least offensive role on his line but shooters shoot. If he's not in that habit when it's a lot easier to get shots off it's tougher to get into that habit.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I read somewhere Leonard's goal to shot % was something absurd like 25%. Does that make anyone else reevaluate his goalscoring potential in the NHL? He won't be keeping up those percentages in the big leagues that's for sure. It also suggests he doesn't shoot much which is usually a bad sign. I know people will say he was playing the least offensive role on his line but shooters shoot. If he's not in that habit when it's a lot easier to get shots off it's tougher to get into that habit.
It also mean that his shot is very good. He does not have a pure shooter mentality also (meaning shooting at net for no reason), so, it is not necessarily a bad thing. He does a lot of the dirty work too, he would be for instance the perfect winger for Suzuki and Caufield.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
It also mean that his shot is very good. He does not have a pure shooter mentality also (meaning shooting at net for no reason), so, it is not necessarily a bad thing. He does a lot of the dirty work too, he would be for instance the perfect winger for Suzuki and Caufield.
His shot is good but his percentage is so high because he finished alot of ridiculous passing plays into wide open nets

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
You are right. He should not be there finishing them :laugh:
What are you on about? Please walk me through the thought process of thinking I said something negative about Leonard.

Caufield shouldn’t have been our pick he finished many open nets and plays from Jack Hughes :sarcasm:
Is that really what you took from what I posted? This draft can't come soon enough, I think some of your brains are starting to fry.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
What are you on about? Please walk me through the thought process of thinking I said something negative about Leonard.

Is that really what you took from what I posted? This draft can't come soon enough, I think some of your brains are starting to fry.
The point is many people discredit goal scorers because they finish off play and they finish off good set-up. The same critics said the exact same argument with Caufield in his draft year. That he was a product of Jack Hughes.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
The point is many people discredit goal scorers because they finish off play and they finish off good set-up. The same critics said the exact same argument with Caufield in his draft year. That he was a product of Jack Hughes.
Please explain to me how I discredited Leonard who I have higher than Smith on my list. I'm explaining why he had a high shooting percentage. I'm defending him if anything. And I have never discredited Caufield so you can throw that out too. I swear you guys spend so much time arguing over petty BS you think everything requires some snarky dickhead response.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Please explain to me how I discredited Leonard who I have higher than Smith on my list. I'm explaining why he had a high shooting percentage. I'm defending him if anything. And I have never discredited Caufield so you can throw that out too. I swear you guys spend so much time arguing over petty BS you think everything requires some snarky dickhead response.
It’s just a little fun and games. There’s not much to talk about these days. No disrespect!

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Elliott Friedman is reporting that the teams drafting above the Washington Capitals ...picks 1--7...are unable to speak to Matvei Michkov. Supposedly, he is deliberately shunning these teams (which includes the Habs) in order to be drafted by the Capitals.
Jarogmir Jaeger did the same thing at the time in order to play with Mario Lemieux and the Penguins.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Elliott Friedman is reporting that the teams drafting above the Washington Capitals ...picks 1--7...are unable to speak to Matvei Michkov. Supposedly, he is deliberately shunning these teams (which includes the Habs) in order to be drafted by the Capitals.
Jarogmir Jaeger did the same thing at the time in order to play with Mario Lemieux and the Penguins.

This is just a rumour of course and doesn't mean anything. But if this is true and Michkov does want to play with the Capitals, I'm not convinced it's a great situation for him. Ovy will be retired or just plain old by 2026 and their prospects pool is poor. Further to this, DC is also not a great place to live and the taxes are high.

I think it's more likely that Michkov just plain doesn't care who drafts him and living his best life. He's getting paid the big bucks already.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Damn, Messi is tiny.
Moreso that Ovis yuuuge.
He scored a lot of goals on the rush and he also scored a bunch of tap ins. His shot is good but I doubt hes a 40 goalscorer unless he starts being more of a shoot first player.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Ryan Leonard does shoot, over 3 times per game on average. He had 189 shots in 57 games. But when you have 51 goals in 57 games, you will have an absurd shooting percentage. Bedard, despite shooting 360 (!) times has a shooting percentage of 20%. Also, when you play with two excellent playmakers, they'll tend to raise your shooting percentage.

Junior shooting percentages can be very high.

Reactions: Kaladin

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
He did not report this.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
According to Elliotte Friedman, Michkov slid into Kent Hughes' dms to tell him that he's bald and ugly.

Breaking news......Kent Hughes has promised Michkov an under the table signing bonus if he breaks his contract with SKA!!!

1687175032091.png

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
This is just a rumour of course and doesn't mean anything. But if this is true and Michkov does want to play with the Capitals, I'm not convinced it's a great situation for him. Ovy will be retired or just plain old by 2026 and their prospects pool is poor. Further to this, DC is also not a great place to live and the taxes are high.

I think it's more likely that Michkov just plain doesn't care who drafts him and living his best life. He's getting paid the big bucks already.

Unless Ovy can swing a contract forgiveness, then Michkov's salary would grow a lot (with bonuses)

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dvorsky...

Oui.
Dvorsky is interesting. Recruits has him as top defensive forward in draft. He has size and shot. Had a good U18. His U20 he went head to head against Cooley and Bedard. In those two games only 2 goals scored against him. Skating I have as average

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad