Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I truly hope Verbeek is obsessed with getting as many picks in the top 2 rounds as possible. This draft is just bonkers. Klingberg will be a good start towards getting there.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Looking at the current Ducks roster and what trades we may make at the deadline, it isn't unreasonable to assume the Ducks could add atleast another 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Klingberg, Stolarz, and Shatty.

That would be 9 picks in the first 3 rounds, including a probably top 10 pick with the Ducks pick. That is basically the minimum also. That isn't taking into account any stuff like taking cap dumps or long shots like trading Gibson. And this is the draft to

This draft will be huge for building the franchise.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Looking at the current Ducks roster and what trades we may make at the deadline, it isn't unreasonable to assume the Ducks could add atleast another 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Klingberg, Stolarz, and Shatty.

That would be 9 picks in the first 3 rounds, including a probably top 10 pick with the Ducks pick. That is basically the minimum also. That isn't taking into account any stuff like taking cap dumps or long shots like trading Gibson. And this is the draft to

Grant could probably get a 3rd or 4th as well.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I will bet you they pick top 10 again
I see the Sharks as the only team that finished better than us to probably fall below next season. Detroit, Ottawa,Buffalo, and New Jersey should pass us (granted, we've said that about some of those teams for years). Seattle might be on the same level, maybe one surprise team bottoms out. My guess is we pick in the 6-8 range. Hopefully that's all in a good tier of players.

Reactions: Yemeth and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Taylor Hall one year deal landed a 2nd for the Sabres. I think many of us are jumping too fast on the "Klingberg will surely get us a 1st" train. He might and should, but he also has some say in it and the market is bonkers.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Taylor Hall one year deal landed a 2nd for the Sabres. I think many of us are jumping too fast on the "Klingberg will surely get us a 1st" train. He might and should, but he also has some say in it and the market is bonkers.
Hall was awful for Buffalo though, he had 2 goals and 19 points, -21. kinda shocking he even got a 2nd

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, on top of being beyond terrible, like near impossibly terrible for one with his talents, he also had a full NMC and only gave Buffalo two or three trade options.
Yeah, that makes sense then that the price was so low, thank you for reminding. Klingberg has a no-trade list of 10 teams. That leaves 22 options, which is decent.

I wonder why they put a full NTC until Jan 31. It is unlikely he could be sent anywhere by then anyway. Just wanted some security so he can showcase himself in the Eakins system, I guess.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, that makes sense then that the price was so low, thank you for reminding. Klingberg has a no-trade list of 10 teams. That leaves 22 options, which is decent.

I wonder why they put a full NTC until Jan 31. It is unlikely he could be sent anywhere by then anyway. Just wanted some security so he can showcase himself in the Eakins system, I guess.
It's actually just until 1/1/23. My cynical side says it is just so that he can avoid as much snow as possible in the winter and give his new wife a chance to get some tan lines!

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Ya I see us in the 12-17 range

I would be shocked if they were outside of the top 10. They were the worst team in the NHL after trading the guys last season.

-Lindholm
-Manson
-Rakell
-Getzlaf
-Des

+Strome
+Vatrano
+Klingberg

The group added does not make up the gap in what was lost.

Full NMC and had a terrible year. Still got a 2nd. Even if Klingberg is decent he should get a 1st. If he has a 50-60 point season he should get a lot more then that. His career average is 55 points.

His last 5 seasons pace:
67 points
57 points
45 points
55 points
52 points

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I would be shocked if they were outside of the top 10. They were the worst team in the NHL after trading the guys last season.

-Lindholm
-Manson
-Rakell
-Getzlaf
-Des

+Strome
+Vatrano
+Klingberg

Full NMC and had a terrible year. Still got a 2nd. Even if Klingberg is decent he should get a 1st. If he has a 50-60 point season he should get a lot more then that. His career average is 55 points.

His last 5 seasons pace:
67 points
57 points
45 points
55 points
52 points
+McTavish I'm sure too but yeah... we drafting top 10 for sure IMO (although there are more moves to be made)

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Vaakanainen too.

Vaak
Strome
Vatrano
Klingberg
A year older for Drysdale, Zegras, Vaak,Terry, McTavish.
Improvements from Drysdale, Zegras, Terry, Vaak and McTavish will help.
If Comtois comes into camp in shape that would be huge too.

Vatrano is replacing Rakell the floater, that should help a lot defensively.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Eduard Sale has a hat trick less than half way into the Czechs game against Germany, he’s a productive winger to keep an eye on this year.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020

148C7DFF-8E97-4269-B199-6866DD84EA97.jpeg
EF37BA49-4A2F-46E8-9A2C-A2AA262E81BE.jpeg

Unprecedented production from him last year in the Czech U20, and sizable frame at 6’1”, yup he’s going on my radar. Plays LW.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

-Lindholm
-Manson
-Rakell
-Getzlaf
-Des

+Strome
+Vatrano
+Klingberg

+McTavish I'm sure too but yeah... we drafting top 10 for sure IMO (although there are more moves to be made)

+Jones... he missed 80 games last year.

Our two-way play for our forward group improved. Klingberg's offense on the PP will definitely help us improve our PP after the TDL. The big question is, "Can we score more than we give up?"

One factor that could improve both our defensive and offensive play is having a healthy Silf. Before Silf fell ill to COVID, he was en fuego. After COVID, he just wasn't the same. Maybe that blood clot was slowly affecting him until it was large enough to be found and he stopped playing.

I still don't think that's enough defense, though. Maybe Klingberg can surprise us, but -28 plus/minus rating on a playoff team screams turnstile.

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
+Jones... he missed 80 games last year.

Our two-way play for our forward group improved. Klingberg's offense on the PP will definitely help us improve our PP after the TDL. The big question is, "Can we score more than we give up?"

One factor that could improve both our defensive and offensive play is having a healthy Silf. Before Silf fell ill to COVID, he was en fuego. After COVID, he just wasn't the same. Maybe that blood clot was slowly affecting him until it was large enough to be found and he stopped playing.

I still don't think that's enough defense, though. Maybe Klingberg can surprise us, but -28 plus/minus rating on a playoff team screams turnstile.
It seems like we’re going for run and gun style team…. Our back end is mobile and imo our forward are much better than last year. Defense should really be able to push the play…. If the forwards can sustain puck control/zone time it might not be so bad

the team should at least be fun to watch.

On the plus side the combined +/- of our current rhd last year was -63. And I think shattenkirk on the eye test looked a lot worse than a -9

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
You guys understand that Michkov is not only under contract in Russia until 2026 but also regarded as a star that the local elite wants to clutch onto? It's unclear if he'll ever even play in the NHL.

His buyout number has to be the biggest in history, but he seems a transcendent enough talent to take a gamble on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad