2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I try not to get strong feelings one way or another about a player... but no. I do not like his game.

Yes, there are all sorts of pass attempt stats and things that are all rosey. I watch him play and I see an individualist who does things that are going to be eaten alive at the next level, tricks that pros are going to shut down, and a lack of inside play that screams fancy but ineffective.

If he's the pick, I'll need a great deal of time to accept it because I do not like this player's game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
what do those numbers tell us?

For Fantilli, he was 6th in forward ice time for the Canadian forwards (13:30) in a close game where they pressed for goals late - a slight indication that Tourigny trusts him. Krebs for example was a team low 9:58.

For Reinbacher, he wound up third in TOI for the Austrian defensemen (15:37) in an important game against a tough opponent (the host Finns). It also indicates more of the staff trusting him even if he's just an 18-year old.

Reactions: debaser66

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Wow, this guy from Dobber Prospects has Simashev as a top 10 prospect. The more I hear about Moore the more I like. Slight chance he could drop to 13th. His motor, defensive play and speed would fit in nicely here.

1684719817118.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Ress

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I try not to get strong feelings one way or another about a player... but no. I do not like his game.

Yes, there are all sorts of pass attempt stats and things that are all rosey. I watch him play and I see an individualist who does things that are going to be eaten alive at the next level, tricks that pros are going to shut down, and a lack of inside play that screams fancy but ineffective.

If he's the pick, I'll need a great deal of time to accept it because I do not like this player's game.
Sale and Cristall worry me the most about top 10/15. They could go top ten or drop imo. Sale seems safer but

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Not interested in making the pick, but super interested in seeing if this team can keep picking off those special developers.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I'm all in on Simashev at 13.

With the 2 seconds, Strbak/Morin/Lind in that order. In the 3rd, Whitelaw or McCarthy.
Interestingly enough 2 months ago we all thought Simashev was a reach at 13 and wanting to trade back to wait to get him.

Now we have to trade up. :laugh:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I run some of the mocks online (draft prospects hockey) to make sure players are picked within reason (Reinbacher is always there otherwise).

I think Buffalo will get a choice of some of:

Moore
Barlow
Willander
Danielson

I also think trading up from the 2nd into the back end of the third would be a good move. The players available at the ranges of the two 2nds are in a couple talent seams.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I want ASP going top 5 because that means that a player that I actually want on the Sabres is more likely to fall to 13.
I can't imagine the top 5 not being Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov and Smith in some order.

I don't think Michkov drops past 5, Russian factor be damned.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I can't imagine the top 5 not being Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov and Smith in some order.

I’ll take that bet. I don’t think Montreal does it…and I think that’s where they’re going to be left.

Maybe a rare trade down is actually done for once in the top 5 to preserve it. But I don’t think he ends up on any of the current top 5 teams

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I don't think Michkov makes it past 8 (Washington) - not news, I've said that before - but if some teams are over-valuing defense, it might push someone in the Dvorsky/Benson/Leonard/Moore group further down. And I'm okay with that.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What players do you like the most at 13?
Guys that people say that there is no chance they fall that far yet they might because teams go off the "consensus board" and take guys that people are surprised to see go in the top 10.

I am guessing that two or three D go in the top 12 and a forward that we are surprised will fall to the Sabres.

Reactions: Fjordy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad