2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Curious to see if he's out on the PK coming up - they just took another penalty at the start of the third period and it was to another defenseman (Cherepanov I think).

Edit - nevermind, Amur scores and he was not on the ice.
I don't think they see him as a defensive D. Starting to wonder where all this talk of him being a defensive D came from.

Found an interview, if anyone is curious. It will just make you want to draft him that much more.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Was that him with that carry-in? He's 26 right? Jeez.

Apologies if I was unclear: I was talking about But - #50 having a d-zone mistake. But had a nice rush, did stumble in the corner but recovered, then curled back to the blueline. Then when the play came back to his own zone, he marked a check who he pursued behind his own net and took the puck away. He went to his d-man, then when the d-man went back to him, he duffed it hard into the corner to the goalie's left. Yaroslavl then got pinned further by the Amur forecheck, resulting in a long shift in their own zone. I didn't see But again until his OT shift.

I didn't see Simachev make any mistakes but he didn't get a lot of time in the third with it being tied.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I guess I am hoping Simashev drops because "Russian" and "lack of points". One can hope. And I hope Reinbacher drops because he probably doesn't project as a traditional 1D who is PP1 and plays 24 mins+ a game. I think if we grab even two of Reinbacher/Simashev/Lind it's a great draft. I get wanting size (Stramel Musty But) but I dont feel great about any of then as 1st round talents. Kinda borderline 1st/2nd to me. I really want to feel good about our first two picks and know they are good fits for the lineup, sure things. I like Dragicevic a lot and have him ranked higher than Reinbacher (Pelikka as well) but Reinbacher is a better fit and has a really good floor.
I'm of the same mind of getting some bigger guys in the line up that can play an up-tempo style and provide a physical presence also would like to add some nasty too, think would be great to add a guy who brings an overwhelming nasty physical presence within reason

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Apologies if I was unclear: I was talking about But - #50 having a d-zone mistake. But had a nice rush, did stumble in the corner but recovered, then curled back to the blueline. Then when the play came back to his own zone, he marked a check who he pursued behind his own net and took the puck away. He went to his d-man, then when the d-man went back to him, he duffed it hard into the corner to the goalie's left. Yaroslavl then got pinned further by the Amur forecheck, resulting in a long shift in their own zone. I didn't see But again until his OT shift.

I didn't see Simachev make any mistakes but he didn't get a lot of time in the third with it being tied.
Slight aside, what is the proper pronunciation for But? Like the English "butt"? French "but" for goal? Something different?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I watched the last half of the third - he was in the middle of a scrum as soon as a turned it on. Didn’t notice him much otherwise though.

I watched the first and he has some odd things in this game - gaining possession and then stickhandling to the wall, with his back to the forechecker. Not behind the net, but directly toward the half-wall. I have no idea what he was trying to do but it certainly was interesting.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't feel that he gives the "inside look" that he claims. It reads like any other internet scouting article.
I think it will depend on what the future articles in the series look like and if he talks about how things change over the course of a season and how he adjusts his list based on new information.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not an impossibility that he’s available where Buffalo picks, considering the lack of consensus after the first 5 or 6. I’ve seen plenty of lists with him going like 14.

Yeah, I'm not sure who that block of 10-12 guys after the top group shakes out and I HOPE they start to diversify their prospect portfolio. Leonard is a very direct player and my viewings of him stir that blood lust for someone demonic on the forecheck.

Elsewhere, Brady Cleveland just threw a hit in this game that will leave a mark in my memory.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not I think representative of how he would score at the next level, but he did have the opening goal in today's game:

At one point it was 4-1 USA and the shots were 5-2. 😯

This is the second Smith goal where Leonard is filling the lane on the wing, misses on his chance:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad