GDT: 2023 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11AM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
My only concern with Michkov is..he won't want to play for us..or won't be able to come over for some reason...which will lead to the inevitable trading his right for less than proper

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Serious/non-ridiculous or sarcastic predictions for tonight? Here's what I'm thinking.

BEST CASE: Michkov at 7. They trade something(s) for a pick in the teens somewhere and draft Sandin-Pelikka. Draft Stenberg at 22.

WORST CASE: Reach for someone at 7 (Wood, Willander, etc.); no trades; reach for another person at 22

MOST LIKELY SCENARIO: Reinbacher/Dvorsky/Leonard at 7; no trades; Bonk/Stramel/Ritchie at 22

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Do we actually think that the draft will start at 7 or is that when "coverage" begins and it will really be like 8:30. Trying to plan dinner haha.
The important thing is how you time your drinking. The goal should be:
Buzzed at 7 to deal with the inevitable bullshit delay
Drunk at 8 to deal with watching guys we want go before they pick
Very drunk by 8:30 to deal with the f***up they take at 7OA
Drunker than a recently divorced, just got laid off Irishman on St. Paddy’s Day by 9:30 to deal with the horrific mistake they make with the 22nd pick.

You’re welcome

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can't we just have something good, Cap? One prospect we all universally love and believe in? One star to be a beacon and bridge us into a Newer New Era of Orange and not the 2017-17 Blue Jackets Redux? Isn't it pretty to think so?

image-asset.gif
He’s a UFA.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The important thing is how you time your drinking. The goal should be:
Buzzed at 7 to deal with the inevitable bullshit delay
Drunk at 8 to deal with watching guys we want go before they pick
Very drunk by 8:30 to deal with the f***up they take at 7OA
Drunker than a recently divorced, just got laid off Irishman on St. Paddy’s Day by 9:30 to deal with the horrific mistake they make with the 22nd pick.

You’re welcome
I'm not that pessimistic! I will surely regret saying this, but I think that it will be very difficult to f*** up either pick. They may not make the BEST pick or my preferred pick, but unless they go WAY off board or pass on an obvious faller there are enough guys on the same "tier" that the player quality should be the same regardless of who they pick with only a little variation. And that includes Reinbacher, while I may not WANT them to pick him I don't think that would be a BAD choice unless a guy like Michkov is there.

Most likely NOT the best!

Reactions: CutOnDime97

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ray Ferarro had the same idea as me after watching the NBA draft. Stop having all those people from each team wandering up on stage to make the pick. It just wastes everybody's time.
It’s the scouting department’s ‘moment’ though. Basically how Jarmo got noticed.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Be prepared to hear about how Leonard reminds everyone of Matthew Tkachuk for all eternity when we draft him

Reactions: Cody Webster

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
I'm fine either way tonight. I've been more invested in this team the last two months than the last four years. Either they show they are really rebuilding tonight (taking high upside plays, trading at least one of TK, Laughton, or Sanheim) or it's the same old shit and I can go back to ignoring them.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright #AlexeiAWOL
May 26, 2012
Predictions:

The caps figure it out and land Michkov, who eventually leads the league in scoring.

Benson somehow falls into the penguins lap, where he becomes a perennial all star and Flyer killer.

The Flyers stay put and draft Dvorsky, meh, and Bonk, the most boring low ceiling player taken in the first 25 picks.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Michkov and Leonard going top 6, leaving the Flyers racing to the podium for Dvorsky, with Benson on the board, is actually my worst case. However skeptical I am of Leonard (and Cuttah) not just being a good complementary top 6ish guy, and the long-term vision of having a contending forward core flying out the window, there are real plus traits there. Dvorsky is plain oatmeal. But, hey, he's a center with some size so. Also, don't overvalue the u18s, Flahrsy said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad