Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'd take a chance on Bemstrom. He's got a fantastic shot and a decent amount of skill. Considering how we are lacking a secondary forward who has a great release, he'd be worth a tryout. Could be Tolvanen, but most likely back on waivers in 3 weeks.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'd take a chance on Bemstrom. He's got a fantastic shot and a decent amount of skill. Considering how we are lacking a secondary forward who has a great release, he'd be worth a tryout. Could be Tolvanen, but most likely back on waivers in 3 weeks.
I'm not against that, give the kid a shot, if he can't do any better than Tatar and Drouin than so be it.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not against that, give the kid a shot, if he can't do any better than Tatar and Drouin than so be it.
What's the worst that could happen? Our depth still can't score? Lol
Exactly how I see it. Worst case you have him for 5-10 games and it doesn't help. Best case he gets you 3-4 goals over 10 in a burst and maybe 15 for the season if he gets clicking.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm hopeful Tatar and Drouin are going to start playing better after the Kraken win.

Tatar, especially, looked engaged and highly motivated when in a scoring role.

Bednar I think has to realize he's not going to get much use out of Tatar stapeling him to lines 3/4.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Is he? Chances are he's worse at 33 than he was at 29.
Analytically, his impact is greater in his time in Calgary compared to his first two seasons here. Not by a huge margin, but still more. Odds are very high that will degrade over time and fairly quickly. As he is playing today though, it is very comparable. He's just not going to replicate 21-22 ever again.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Claim all the bottom 6'ers
Bemstrom's issue is that he isn't a bottom 6er. He's a AAAA top 6 guy who in the right situations can pile up some goals due to a great shot. He's just fairly slow, soft and a piss poor defensive player... so when he's not scoring, he's a negative player. He's a worse Victor Olofsson.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Bemstrom's issue is that he isn't a bottom 6er. He's a AAAA top 6 guy who in the right situations can pile up some goals due to a great shot. He's just fairly slow, soft and a piss poor defensive player... so when he's not scoring, he's a negative player. He's a worse Victor Olofsson.
I'd have no objections to him getting us a few goals for even a few games.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So a slower Drouin who shoots instead of passing.
He's not any slower than Drouin... probably a touch faster, and has significantly better burst. Not a plus skater overall though at his size. His weapon is his shot though. He has the same basic skill set as Tolvanen.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Avs need the Chandler Stephenson special if we’re going to alleviate cap issues and get back to contender status. 2C @1mill aav for 5th. Make it happen CMac!!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Avs need the Chandler Stephenson special if we’re going to alleviate cap issues and get back to contender status. 2C @1mill aav for 5th. Make it happen CMac!!
Not $1m... but the guy to take that chance on was Mittelstadt. He could have been had fairly cheaply before breaking out and the signs were there. He's likely on his way to a 60+ point season (maybe more since he'll get a prime opportunity on the PP now) while being their matchup center.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Were Bednar and Bemstrom in the CBJ pipeline at the same time?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Patrick Kane’s list grows​

Agent Pat Brisson continues to move the process forward on UFA Patrick Kane and there are Zoom calls scheduled for later this week with interested teams, involving both coaches and GMs.

While Brisson told me recently that he would try to limit the list to five or six teams, it sounds like that’s grown to seven or eight as clubs try to get in on it.

One club that hopes to remain part of the mix is Kane’s hometown Buffalo Sabres.

“Yeah we are a team that checked in on him once he became a free agent, and we asked them to keep us posted and that’s what they’ve done,” Sabres GM Kevyn Adams said. “We’ll see where it goes from there.”

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If anyone else was in Naz’s shoes they’d opt for the payday too. Avs made their choice when they chose to re-up Manson, which IMO is a worse contract dollar-for-dollar.

1. That won't be nearly enough to sign him.
2. You'll have to move more than G to fit him under the cap with Toews' extension kicking in and Landeskog returning.
Well Tatar and Drouin won’t be resigned. That’s over 2 mill there. Maybe trade RyJo somehow if he’s not gonna produce, but he won’t have much value

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs are 100% going to try to bring Landeskog back. They can't afford Lindholm next year now that Toews is extended. They prioritized keeping Cale's buddy around going forward over getting a proper 2C.

And that decision closes the window so much faster.
I mean if you’re not brining Toews back so you can trade for Lindholm and resign him, you still need to replace Toews and currently the Avs don’t have another top pair d-man to play with Makar. That’s fixing one problem, creating another

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Do we still hate Ross Colton?

He's only on pace for 27 goals.
1700112560703.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.