GDT: 2023-24 Season game 4 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00pm 10/19/23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Trevor Moore is on a mission right now.

Roy is still making some poor decisions though.

Talbot is getting the job done. The team is back in the plus column for differential.

Proud of the boys tonight.

+4 , with 19 GF vs 15 GA
Last year we weren't a plus team until March I think.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Great game. Back-to-back games where it looks like Byfield was robbed of an assist (he was actually credited one a couple nights ago but they took it away). I'm sure he got the last touch on it before it went to Gavrikov, too.

It went off him right before as well. He's really going to the net and he's starting to take the body a lot. He's starting to play angry finally and it's making a difference.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Anyone else watching this Training Camp show? When did Luc’s hair go all white? It seems overnight.

Also, is it the French in him that he sometimes forget to pronounce the “s” at the end of a plural word?

Last edited:
Reactions: Herby

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Great game. Back-to-back games where it looks like Byfield was robbed of an assist (he was actually credited one a couple nights ago but they took it away). I'm sure he got the last touch on it before it went to Gavrikov, too.
Seriously he should have gotten an assist on Danualt's pp goal. He definitely touched it as well as Kaliyev.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I think 8.5M is a solid deal for a 25 year old center.

As long as he keeps up 60+ points per year, I think it will become a relatively cheap contract in a few years as the cap goes up.

He needs to learn to win a face off though.
Is the cap ever going to go up significantly though? Seems like people have been saying forever the same thing.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Anyone else watching this Training Camp show? When did Luc’s hair go all white? It seems overnight.

Also, is it the French in him that he sometimes forgets to pronounce the “s” at the end of a plural word?
luc looks like hell, seriously. some of those preseason bits i genuinely thought he was sick

someone on here has an avatar of luc and blake at an early presser and the difference to now is stark

Reactions: Reaper45

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
Production may not be there yet but he’s looked good all season. He has to stay aggressive and build confidence in his shot. He does that and we’re good.

Also, great start to the season from Kopitar. Hopefully his minutes stay down and he can be fresh throughout/into the playoffs. All 4 lines looking good. Lizotte as a 3rd liner was outmatched but he’s a wonderful 4th line center.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Great game. Winning 7-3 in a game where you had 0 power play opportunities is insane.

Byfield and Laferriere continuing to play well - Only a matter of time until they start to get rewarded on the score sheet. Moore continues his unreal start. Talbot with another good showing - hope he can build off it. Fiala 6 points in 4 games and honestly hasn't even played all that well. Kaliyev looking much better. Grundstrom continuing to play well and use his shot. PLD starting to get going offensively.

It's incredible to be able to roll 4 legitimately good lines and distribute ice time. On any given night any one of the Kings first 3 lines can kill you. And the 4th line can contribute as well.

This season will be a lot of fun if they can play like that most nights - And I don't even think tonight was close to their best. Let's keep it going

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Am I out to lunch or does Moore look like he can somewhat keep this up all year? The way his shot is looking right now, something might’ve clicked for this guy, on top of being healthy.
Nope, I don't think you're crazy at all. His shot looks unreal - the guy is picking corners out there. They said he changed the curve on his stick... Looks like it's working out nicely for him.

Of course it could mainly be a hot start. But with his motor and just all around excellent game... If he can keep shooting half as good as he is right now he'll continue to pile up points. What a player for $4 million.

Reactions: VILARGOD

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think 8.5M is a solid deal for a 25 year old center.

As long as he keeps up 60+ points per year, I think it will become a relatively cheap contract in a few years as the cap goes up.

He needs to learn to win a face off though.
That is what holds him back from being playoff caliber top 6 C.. his best was last season at 48.5% (off top of my head i looked it up last week)

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
Missed the first period while teaching people how to play D in my soccer beer league. Pretty Nice game, the bottom 3 lines looked pretty good. Kempe is starting to get it going, all the youngsters looking good, Laf is not an havard gentleman, decent goaltending, Lewis and Englund starting to justify why they were signed… things are looking good

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Faber -1. Big ouch and he didn’t even look that good. Dodged a bullet baby. The Fiala train never stops.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Another enjoyable game in the Twin Cities, if you’ve never taken in a game, highly recommended.

I love PLD, he fits this team like a glove. He was overdrafted and will never live up to where he was taken in the draft, but he’s a damn good 2nd line player. I think we are a better lineup with PLD/Kaliyev/Laf and $2.5m less space than with Vilardi/Iafallo/Kupari. C depth is a tough thing to get and the Kings have 3 guys capable of centering a line that can score.

The Kings just present such a challenge to check because of the skill level of the 2nd and 3rd lines. Even if the top line gets cancelled out, which may happen against top checkers, how do you contain the other lines, you have Fiala and PLD as great secondary scorers and Danault/Moore are now your third offensive option, they may not have been good as second options but as third? They are elite. Another reason to love that trade and bringing in a true 2C.

Moore is playing great, but to me that just means if you can use him for a goalie down the road you still do it if his value is back fo where it was 2 years ago. Moore was a negative asset last year based on his cap hit, and so far this year he’s been producing at a level that makes him a big value.

The goaltending is probably not going to hold up in the playoffs, the playoffs don’t grind to a 2-1 or 3-2 halt as much as they used to or people still think, but the games do get slightly less scoring. I still think Moore or Roy dealt and replaced by a competent #1 and then either Turcotte or Clarke. I do worry a bit about counting on Turcotte for offense (especially with how Moore is scoring).

The total for this game was 6 again (no sweat with 6 in the first. Lol, I’m hoping this is 2011-2012 all over again except instead of unders it’s overs (also more enjoyable to watch). 36 total goals in 4 games vs 24.5 Vegas expected.

Btw, speaking of a team playing a lot like the Kings right now? Carolina is up to 48 goals total in 5 games. It feels like we have returned to the early 90’s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad