GDT: 2023-24 season Game 2 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @7:30pm 10/14/23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kings had and have Vilardi, Byfield, Kopitar, and Danault. Their biggest problem in the playoffs had been that they were bleeding goals against the oilers. Those centers are all NHL caliber. This goaltending isn’t even NHL level. Why are you being so dishonest? You should know better.
Neither of those two were able to hold down a center spot.

Their biggest problem in the playoffs was the inabliltiy to role the lines. Center was the main reason they were unable to.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

Their biggest problem in the playoffs was the inabliltiy to role the lines. Center was the main reason they were unable to.
Neither of them were given any reasonable stretch of time at center.

The expectations of winning crippled the development time that both of them need.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Neither of them were given any reasonable stretch of time at center.

The expectations of winning crippled the development time that both of them need.
Agree on Byfield.

Disagree on Vilardi. He was given much time at center. He's clearly a winger at the NHL level.

If the goal is to win now (which it is), then LA didn't want to take a chance on whether or not QB would hit his stride at center this year.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
If the Kings take a major step back this year i'll join you guys on the fire Blake bandwagon - but i'm still going to want to see 15-20 games or so as that should be enough sample size to see what this team is really made of.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Both guys look incredible, especially Vilardi and Kupari is breaking out.

Can we imagine their progress if we would have finished the rebuild and got rid of the old folks home?
We would be light years ahead and potentialy drafted players like Bedard because of low standings.

But no.... oldies being humiliated in playoff is way cooler to watch

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Byfield and Laf looking fantastic at least.
Both of them look to have great years. You aren't going to keep Fiala, Kempe and Kopitar off the score sheet for too long. Kings just really need one of Talbot or Copley to step up and just be above average. If not, let Rittich have a chance.

Reactions: ru4reals

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Wait, how much rope do you think they were given to hold a center spot? You don’t think a player like Vilardi wouldn’t be able to become a good center just because he’s slow? He’s faster than Kopitar. You’re acting like the Kings had no options at center. The Kings had no options for NHL goaltending and got a center instead. Wtf

Reactions: AbsentMojo

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Want to see something depressing, check out the fancy stats from Faber tonight.

1697340533005.png
1697340533005.png

Reactions: kings11

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Wait, how much rope do you think they were given to hold a center spot? You don’t think a player like Vilardi wouldn’t be able to become a good center just because he’s slow? He’s faster than Kopitar. You’re acting like the Kings had no options at center. The Kings had no options for NHL goaltending and got a center instead. Wtf
It was pretty clear Vilardi is a winger. Kings played him for two seasons at center. Nothing worked until he moved to wing. It's not just about speed.

The Kings had options at center. They could cross their fingers on Byfield. Maybe it would have worked, maybe it wouldn't have. But they were able to keep him while getting in established center in PLD who's about the same age as Vilardi.

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
Bookmarked. From real life experience, I suggest you not making a prediction like that until at least like 65-70 games into the season.
I mean, what do I have to lose? I'm not exactly putting my personal reputation on the line lol. We are talking about a message board community 🤣🤣

Talkin about REAL LIFE.🤣🤣🤣

You TRIPPIN.

I stand bye it. As it stands with our goalkeepers, we are missing the playoffs.

Reactions: tny760

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad